Twitter
    @fishwater99

Joe could lose out this year and he would be back for 2020 and maybe 2021.

All this talk of Cohen firing Joe is just that, talk. We won't make the move, he gets more time and it really sucks.
    Our 2nd year football coach is in over his head and still doesn't have a clue.
    He might can recruit but sure can't coach Big Boy Football in the SEC.
    I hate to say it, but I think I miss Danny Boy.

Joe = Croom 2.0

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

He will get next year barring something crazy, but he will not get 2021 unless he wins 6 plus games next year.
    Might take 7 or more depending on how this year turns out.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    All this talk of Cohen firing Joe is just that, talk. We won't make the move, he gets more time and it really sucks.

Joe = Croom 2.0
    He could lose out except for SFA and get 2020. If he loses to SFA he is gone and should not even get the chance to beat mississippi in the BFTGE.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Miss a bowl game while looking like garbage. I think the stands are going to start looking like USM. It is better to pay $9 Mil rather than lose 50% of ticket and merchandise sales.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Iíll bet you $1,000 straight up that State will not beat SFA this year.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by thekimmer View Post
    He could lose out except for SFA and get 2020. If he loses to SFA he is gone and should not even get the chance to beat mississippi in the BFTGE.
    SFA?? Abilene Christian?
    If you sense rejoicing over Freeze's resignation, it's centered around the satisfaction of a sanctimonious person receiving his comeuppance. If judged on hypocrisy alone, Freeze would be the kind of five-star recruit that'd get Ole Miss in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by GoToHellOleMiss View Post
    SFA?? Abilene Christian?
    LOL yeah my bad. They are all alike to me.

He wont be fired if he wins 6 and makes a bowl next year. He is going to have to miss a bowl this year, and if he gets next year then too.
    Last edited by Duke Humphrey; 10-14-2019 at 11:44 AM.

The two things I'll be watching are 1) if the team completely quits on him 2) the Egg Bowl (a loss if #1 happens). At the end of the day nobody has more input into a coaches future than his team.

Man I donít know. A week ago I wouldíve told you thereís no way he gets fired this year, but now we need to see just how bad this train wreck gets.

Heís not going anywhere at 6-6, and probably not 5-7. But 4-8? I donít know how you sell tickets next year coming off a year where you lost your last 7 games against FBS teams and the majority of the fan base wants your coach gone. Not to mention our home schedule next year sucks anyway.

Forget about the buyout, could we afford a year like next year potentially where no one is coming to games and there is zero excitement in the fan base? Would be really tough.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by StillTbonewannabe View Post
    Miss a bowl game while looking like garbage. I think the stands are going to start looking like USM. It is better to pay $9 Mil rather than lose 50% of ticket and merchandise sales.
    That is the other unfortunate reality of the joemo situation. Expectations have changed. The fanbase has developed way less tolerance to losing. Winning has also given us a facility that makes poor attendance look much worse.

I said it before but it really is all about trajectory. People showed up in the early mullen years even when we lost a bunch of games because our trajectory was up and even in the early croom years when we believed we were going in the right direction. We are in free-fall right now with little hope of slowing it down.

Im kind of at this point too. Didnt think there was anyway possible he wouldnt be the coach next year, but I am wondering after Saturday. If we get to the Egg Bowl with 7 losses already and Plumlee runs up and down the field, the hat may be getting passed for the $9m. Heres the thing, excitement was/is already non-existent and that was before Saturday at the thought we would finish 7-5/6-6.

I'm not sure anyone could win with the talent on this team. Yeah tutor fiasco hurts. But the talent pool is shallow on both sides of the ball. Offensive line last year and this year were/are the worst in the conference. Defense was depleted with the early departures because there was no depth of talent or experience. Receiving corp ... we all know the lack of talent. Dan and his lack of recruiting left the team in a sorry condition. Quick frankly the defense seems slow and can't tackle. This team needs four years of decent recruiting to compete. Anyone could take the talent on Louisiana State or Alabama and win. I think everyone bought into hype of how good we were supposed to be last year and this year is was to be a down year from that!

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by StillTbonewannabe View Post
    The question isn’t if we can come up with $9 million. It’s whether we can come up with $3 million. Even if the full contract amount is entitled (and quite frankly no one on here for sure knows that it is), the difference in firing him this year and firing him next year is only $3 million.

Another thing, buyouts are always negotiable both ways, regardless of what the contract says. Mullen had a multi million dollar buyout, yet UF only paid us $500k when they hired him.

Bottom line, money will not stop us from making the decision, IF it is decided that it needs to be made by the powers that be. We’ll lose way more than $3 million in ticket sales alone if we keep him after, say, a 4-8 season.

What's so unusual to me is even the odds makers being fooled so badly by this team. Starting with this summer's O/U wins to being favored in games that we clearly weren't the better team. Even this weekend's line looks too close. How did they miss this team so badly ?

Joe = Croom 2.0
    Why do people think like this? 4-8 and he is gone.

bullshit. There is a better chance of Cohen and JoMo getting canned in 2020 than that happening. Season ticket sells next year and donations will be down millions. MSU is about to lose 5x JoMo's buyout over the next 1.5 years.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Yeah, scary thing is if he somehow beats Ole Miss, everyone will forget about the rest of the season and hope for the best next season.
    Iím off the Joe wagon and Iím open to the exciting and optimistic hopefulness of what a new coach brings over having to sit through one more season of this pig slop. Unless heís able to bring in some crazy, once-in-a-lifetime recruiting class, he needs to go this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Why do people think like this? 4-8 and he is gone.
    4-8 = 100% gone

5-7 = 50/50....a lot depends on if one of the 5 is the Egg Bowl

6-6 = 100% returning for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    4-8 = 100% gone

5-7 = 50/50....a lot depends on if one of the 5 is the Egg Bowl

6-6 = 100% returning for 2020
    Agree. 5-7 with an Egg Bowl win probably makes it 80/20 he returns.

I agree unfortunately.

He will get an additional year, but I see him "resigning" sometime in the middle

of next season if we're getting blown out every game like Jackie in 2003. At that point nobody would question him being let go. In addition, it would give us some additional time to search for the next coach and could probably have one announced the day after the Egg Bowl. I still hope the light bulb turns on in his head, but after that putrid performance on Saturday, I think that's probably not happening.

Joe = Croom 2.0

Joe needs to do a press conference and explain his plan to the public. I'm sure he and Cohen have talked and Cohen may know things we don't know but it is pathetic. I'm not one to jump the shark but my concern is beginning to grow. I know there are plenty of legit issues he is dealing with this year but even the solid parts of this team are grossly under performing

You can bet if we finish 4-8 or 3-9 and JoMo returns.... season ticket sales will be at an all time low next year. If Cohen and company can't see that we are 17ed. But at 5-7 we will probably forced to bring him back. Ticket sales will still be off tho.

JoMo is probably working like crazy to get the hell out of Starkville and finding a landing spot back in the NE.

Too bad, I kinda liked his down-home-but-still-managed-to-get-a-degree-in-english-lit vibe. Thought he might fit.. Also thought he was a stable offensive genius, but his play calling has proven suspect: nothing dynamic, nothing different, and no explosions... and way too many implosions.

He might recruit well enough, have good rapport with players, etc., but he's no SEC head coach. Can't even put together a game plan for UTenn with an extra week which is total BS.

The worse part is our players look uninspired and discouraged. They look soft on the line of scrimmage and can't tackle worth a damn.

JoMo will prove much worse than Croom when it's all over... which should be soon.... if there is a God.

If he reads this board he knew when he was hired that he was hated.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Unless he accepts the Rutgers job. And rumors (encouraged here) are that a deal is already in the works.

Wut? He was about as well received as you can hope for as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    Yeah, he was pretty much universally loved when he was hired. Especially when he started running his mouth about ring sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy13 View Post
    JoMo is probably working like crazy to get the hell out of Starkville and finding a landing spot back in the NE.
    One can only hope, Jack. If there is one thing that this experience has taught us, an unlikable coach who wins is far preferable to a nice guy who loses.

I remember a legendary thread in which the one guy who dared to even voice a peep of concern was thoroughly excoriated.