Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 51
  1. #1

    For all the Mullen lovers

    Let it go.

    Remember how long it took him to get a decently-talented QB in here that fit his system? Moorhead has his guy, and despite the growing pains, he's gonna do WELL. Does Shrader stick around if Mo is jettisoned out of here?

    5-star OT Charles Cross would not have been signed by Mullen, maybe because Hevesy was a jerk and stopped recruiting after year 3.

    How do you forget Holloway up the middle, and QB power play on 3rd and 12? How is that not any worse than the stupid plays MO seems to be calling?

    By November of every year, Mullen was more interested in job contacting than coaching his football team. It cost us a couple of Egg Bowls and a chance at CFP playoffs.

    Downvote the shit outta this post, but you know good and damn well, it's the truth.


    14 out of 32 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  2. #2
    We're gonna show him... we'll burn what he built to the ground


    10 out of 13 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  3. #3
    I know, really people, I mean don't you realize he only won 9 games his 2nd year without HIS qb.


    11 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Let it go.

    Remember how long it took him to get a decently-talented QB in here that fit his system? Moorhead has his guy, and despite the growing pains, he's gonna do WELL. Does Shrader stick around if Mo is jettisoned out of here?

    5-star OT Charles Cross would not have been signed by Mullen, maybe because Hevesy was a jerk and stopped recruiting after year 3.

    How do you forget Holloway up the middle, and QB power play on 3rd and 12? How is that not any worse than the stupid plays MO seems to be calling?

    By November of every year, Mullen was more interested in job contacting than coaching his football team. It cost us a couple of Egg Bowls and a chance at CFP playoffs.

    Downvote the shit outta this post, but you know good and damn well, it's the truth.
    Even with Holloway up the middle, we were never in the 90s in offense. We haven't been this bad on offense since Croom.


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by StillTbonewannabe View Post
    Even with Holloway up the middle, we were never in the 90s in offense. We haven't been this bad on offense since Croom.
    That was 2015; we were 31st nationally in total offense. We were 71st last year and 94th this year


    9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  6. #6
    Disregard anything about Mullen. JoMo is a bad coach.


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  7. #7
    Keep your head in the sand. Thatís your prerogative.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  8. #8
    Would you honestly make a coaching decision based on a freshman QB


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Keep your head in the sand. Thatís your prerogative.
    And when we get the next guy in here and he don't recruit worth a shit, pat yourself on the back.


    3 out of 9 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  10. #10
    Ok Nostradamus.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  11. #11
    I bet there's some ex-wives that still have shrines up


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Ok Nostradamus.
    Who fires a coach in a season and a half? Every coach wants to install his own system. We ain't plug and play like the blue blood programs with all those 4 and 5-star guys. The next guy ain't gonna magically hit the ground running. It's an endless cycle. Our baseball program thrives in spite of coaching turnover. The football program. CAN'T.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    I bet there's some ex-wives that still have shrines up
    Some haven't lost their ability to recognize Mullen did a good job here. He left us in good shape. Why would I hate the guy that pulled us out of the croom hole?


    4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    I know, really people, I mean don't you realize he only won 9 games his 2nd year without HIS qb.
    If he coached that hard his last few years, we would have competed for a Natty.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  15. #15
    You are already assuming the next guy wonít recruit well. How do you know this? How much of a mess does it have to get for you to think itís just a bad marriage? The guy is in over his head. His offense is not working. And he sure as hell isnt going to adapt. We are uninspired, undisciplined. Itís cause for serious concern.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Some haven't lost their ability to recognize Mullen did a good job here. He left us in good shape. Why would I hate the guy that pulled us out of the croom hole?
    Mullen had the golden years of SEC revenue. You guys act like he was the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Mullen had the golden years of SEC revenue. You guys act like he was the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne.
    He's Knute compared to what we have now


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    You are already assuming the next guy wonít recruit well. How do you know this? How much of a mess does it have to get for you to think itís just a bad marriage? The guy is in over his head. His offense is not working. And he sure as hell isnt going to adapt. We are uninspired, undisciplined. Itís cause for serious concern.
    That's on Cohen to make sure the next guy can recruit.

    Have you watched the OLine? We are losing games at the LOS. That's a bigger issue than the offense itself.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Let it go.

    Remember how long it took him to get a decently-talented QB in here that fit his system?.
    No, I don't, because he looked more competent and was doing more than our current clown with Tyson Lee and Chris Relf.

    Sometimes it's best to quit looking at stats, quit looking at comparisons, and just watch the team he is putting on the field every week with your own two eyes. If you do that, and you did that when Dan was here, you should have wanted Joe gone a long time ago....because even in year 1 of taking over after Croom, you could see that Dan was going to succeed in the way we looked in terms of preparation, execution, and a strategy on offense, even when going 5-7 year 1. I just feel like some of our fans hunt for the golden statistic, or the recruiting win, or the cherry picked reason as to why we should keep someone....when a simple eye test shows you this guy doesn't have a plan or a personality built to be a successful head coach in this league, and there is example after example slapping you in the face every Saturday when you watch this team take the field.


    8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    No, I don't, because he looked more competent and was doing more than our current clown with Tyson Lee and Chris Relf.

    Sometimes it's best to quit looking at stats, quit looking at comparisons, and just watch the team he is putting on the field every week with your own two eyes. If you do that, and you did that when Dan was here, you should have wanted Joe gone a long time ago....because even in year 1 of taking over after Croom, you could see that Dan was going to succeed in the way we looked in terms of preparation, execution, and a strategy on offense, even when going 5-7 year 1. I just feel like some of our fans hunt for the golden statistic, or the recruiting win, or the cherry picked reason as to why we should keep someone....when a simple eye test shows you this guy doesn't have a plan or a personality built to be a successful head coach in this league, and there is example after example slapping you in the face every Saturday when you watch this team take the field.
    Not sure what you wanted to see against a team that may win it all this year. UT was a converted 4th and goal away from being within 1 score with Bama. Was that as bad a loss as we thought last week?
    I get that the K State deal was bad. What other HC is dealing with the suspensions we are?

    I like what I see in Shrader. He has the durability that Tommy doesn't have. And he's like a Fitz that passes 150% better. O-Line is trash. That knucklehead OL coach may need to go, but there has been injuries there.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Mullen had the golden years of SEC revenue. You guys act like he was the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne.
    Mullen also played in historical the most difficult division in the toughest conference for multiple years.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  22. #22
    Do you think Moorhead will continue to successfully recruit with the current game day performances? Personality only goes so far. He has to win. I just donít see how he will.

    I think if Rutgers comes calling he is gone. He looked shaken and out of sorts in last Mondayís presser. Not exactly confidence instilling.
    Last edited by TBone; 10-20-2019 at 03:50 PM.


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    And when we get the next guy in here and he don't recruit worth a shit, pat yourself on the back.
    I donít get this narrative. Moorhead is recruiting at the same level Dan was.
    Last edited by Requiem For A Dawg; 10-20-2019 at 05:21 PM.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Do you think Moorhead will continue to successfully recruit with the current game day performances? Personality only goes so far. He has to win. I just donít see how he will.

    I think if Rutgers comes calling he is gone. He looked shaken and out of sorts in last Mondayís presser. Not exactly confidence instilling.
    I'm perfectly fine if he leaves on his own and you guys get your way. Just don't whine if the next guy has an even bigger adjustment period. We will still get crushed by Bama and LSU every year. And god help us if A&M finally starts rolling.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Not sure what you wanted to see against a team that may win it all this year. UT was a converted 4th and goal away from being within 1 score with Bama. Was that as bad a loss as we thought last week?
    I get that the K State deal was bad. What other HC is dealing with the suspensions we are?

    I like what I see in Shrader. He has the durability that Tommy doesn't have. And he's like a Fitz that passes 150% better. O-Line is trash. That knucklehead OL coach may need to go, but there has been injuries there.
    I didn't say anything about LSU. I knew we'd lose (won money on LSU -19.5), but that doesn't change the fact that even when we have all of the suspended players available and he's out of all your excuses, he still has an unprepared, undisciplined team, and can't put together a capable offense with any consistency. And that goes back to when he had the #1 D in the country last year and no suspensions or injuries to fall back on.

    I feel for him a little, because he was trying so hard in that post game presser to sound tough and strong and in control, when we all know that's not him. And the fact that he isn't that guy, is the main reason he isn't built for this conference. You can't be a soft, emotional, players coach in this league and be successful. It's hard enough to win if you're a prick asshole that actually does have some good coaching ability....ask Dan.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  26. #26

    Development

    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I didn't say anything about LSU. I knew we'd lose (won money on LSU -19.5), but that doesn't change the fact that even when we have all of the suspended players available and he's out of all your excuses, he still has an unprepared, undisciplined team, and can't put together a capable offense with any consistency. And that goes back to when he had the #1 D in the country last year and no suspensions or injuries to fall back on.

    I feel for him a little, because he was trying so hard in that post game presser to sound tough and strong and in control, when we all know that's not him. And the fact that he isn't that guy, is the main reason he isn't built for this conference. You can't be a soft, emotional, players coach in this league and be successful. It's hard enough to win if you're a prick asshole that actually does have some good coaching ability....ask Dan.
    To add to your point, most critics of Mullen pointed to his lack of recruiting ranking success; however, no one could deny his ability to recognize and develop talent. Mooreheadís success in the recruiting polls has made some of our faithful stick out their chest, while we have seen no concrete results of those commits thus far. Is there one player from last year to now that has shown marked improvement? I can point to more that have regressed.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    And when we get the next guy in here and he don't recruit worth a shit, pat yourself on the back.
    If I told you that the next coach would have our offense close to Croom level would you want that guy as coach? This is an experienced offense and we are one of the worst offenses in the SEC. Almost half the teams in the SEC have freshmen QBs so that isn't a legitimate excuse.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottfield1 View Post
    To add to your point, most critics of Mullen pointed to his lack of recruiting ranking success; however, no one could deny his ability to recognize and develop talent. Moorehead’s success in the recruiting polls has made some of our faithful stick out their chest, while we have seen no concrete results of those commits thus far. Is there one player from last year to now that has shown marked improvement? I can point to more that have regressed.
    Great points. I completely agree. Nowhere is this more evident than our OL in my opinion.

    I think that's what is even more telling about Joe. The worst parts of our team are the things he controls (I know he technically controls it all, but you know what I mean)...

    Offensive line - supposed to be a strength but gets little push.
    Discipline - penalties higher than Sherrill's years
    Preparedness- Lack of results to open games or half's...penalties out of timeouts and possession changes....etc
    Special Teams - Everything about special teams are awful
    Effort - we see some in spurts, but rarely 4 quarters of any kind of max effort.
    Physicality - we're soft. As soft as his press conference about his daughter crying
    Motivation - Our players don't seem bothered by the losing as a whole. Guys on social media don't seem to be in any sense of urgency or angry at all.

    Attitude reflects leadership.



    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Great points. I completely agree. Nowhere is this more evident than our OL in my opinion.

    I think that's what is even more telling about Joe. The worst parts of our team are the things he controls (I know he technically controls it all, but you know what I mean)...

    Offensive line - supposed to be a strength but gets little push.
    Discipline - penalties higher than Sherrill's years
    Preparedness- Lack of results to open games or half's...penalties out of timeouts and possession changes....etc
    Special Teams - Everything about special teams are awful
    Effort - we see some in spurts, but rarely 4 quarters of any kind of max effort.
    Physicality - we're soft. As soft as his press conference about his daughter crying
    Motivation - Our players don't seem bothered by the losing as a whole. Guys on social media don't seem to be in any sense of urgency or angry at all.

    Attitude reflects leadership.

    There are no leaders on this team.

    But..

    Some folks were cussing CJ Morgan the last few weeks. He had his best game as a Bulldog yesterday.

    For the 2nd straight game, Freshman Pickering had TFL.

    Guidry started off bad, but finished STRONG.

    Zuber finally got more than 1 positive play.

    The much-hated Leo Lewis had a sack.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  30. #30
    Mullen would have lost yesterday's game to SC had he still been at State.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    There are no leaders on this team.

    But..

    Some folks were cussing CJ Morgan the last few weeks. He had his best game as a Bulldog yesterday.

    For the 2nd straight game, Freshman Pickering had TFL.

    Guidry started off bad, but finished STRONG.

    Zuber finally got more than 1 positive play.

    The much-hated Leo Lewis had a sack.
    And? Does he deserve kudos because guys that should have been making plays made plays? It's pretty sad when these are the highlights and the cherry picked things that we're talking about as positives for Joe.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  32. #32
    My disdain for Joe has nothing to do with Dan. Just because you're not football intelligent enough to see Joe ain't it, doesn't mean the rest of us can't see it. Most everything you said may happen or may have, it's your opinion & not proven facts, so maybe end with IMDAO instead of "it's the truth"


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottfield1 View Post
    To add to your point, most critics of Mullen pointed to his lack of recruiting ranking success; however, no one could deny his ability to recognize and develop talent. Mooreheadís success in the recruiting polls has made some of our faithful stick out their chest, while we have seen no concrete results of those commits thus far. Is there one player from last year to now that has shown marked improvement? I can point to more that have regressed.
    Osiris Mitchell for one


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Great points. I completely agree. Nowhere is this more evident than our OL in my opinion.

    I think that's what is even more telling about Joe. The worst parts of our team are the things he controls (I know he technically controls it all, but you know what I mean)...

    Offensive line - supposed to be a strength but gets little push.
    Discipline - penalties higher than Sherrill's years
    Preparedness- Lack of results to open games or half's...penalties out of timeouts and possession changes....etc
    Special Teams - Everything about special teams are awful
    Effort - we see some in spurts, but rarely 4 quarters of any kind of max effort.
    Physicality - we're soft. As soft as his press conference about his daughter crying
    Motivation - Our players don't seem bothered by the losing as a whole. Guys on social media don't seem to be in any sense of urgency or angry at all.

    Attitude reflects leadership.

    Jesus Christ why donít you quit your current job and apply to be the next coach since you clearly got it all figured out on what we need


    0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  35. #35
    This thread is funny. Like I'm gonna take what my viewpoint should be from someone who couldn't spot KT in the team photo.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by T-TownDawgg View Post
    This thread is funny. Like I'm gonna take what my viewpoint should be from someone who couldn't spot KT in the team photo.
    I don't care what viewpoint you have. I'm just amazed at the number of folks that pleasure themselves over the Mullen legacy, which was good (for us) and he won almost all of the games he was supposed to win...but he was 6-42 vs ranked teams.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    Mullen had the golden years of SEC revenue. You guys act like he was the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne.
    The SEC coaching graveyard is filling up with guys who couldnít get it done in the golden years of SEC revenue. And none of them had the additional challenge of coaching at Mississippi State.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Palos verdes View Post
    Mullen would have lost yesterday's game to SC had he still been at State.
    Well yeah because he would have had less talent.

    Of course, that would have been his own fault too.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    I don't care what viewpoint you have. I'm just amazed at the number of folks that pleasure themselves over the Mullen legacy, which was good (for us) and he won almost all of the games he was supposed to win...but he was 6-42 vs ranked teams.
    We get it. You donít like Dan Mullen. And you donít really get Mississippi State football.

    So you be you.


    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

  40. #40
    Ok. Then explain how Mullen was able to win running a spread offense with a bunch of 17ing 2 star players signed to run the west coast offense you 17ing moron.


    2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Hip breakers | Ankle breakers Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties