Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    To the white knights down voting. You guys honestly thing Megan is sexually abusing these black football players? Y’all are what’s wrong with this country. Downvote away pussies.
    "white knight" "pussies"

dang, I thoroughly expected to see "snowflakes" used too.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Roll Tide What? | 17 You Yes | No

Lol maybe a tad too much caffeine this morning.

Yankee hot.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    No haven't met her but I have seen her many times in public not just photos and she is still not that pretty at all to me. And this video proves it...She a dog bro...with horse teeth
    Tastes obviously vary as I think she's pretty damn cute. Ah well.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Tastes obviously vary as I think she's pretty damn cute. Ah well.
    We'd all hit it, even after she kissed a whole sweaty football team on a bad hair day. Let's not get facts confused or anything.

It's where she stands on the ranking, that is in question.

3 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

It's odd to me that none of the photos posted showed any actual kissing. On the lips or cheeks. Which, if it's supposed to be the source of controversy seems a bit odd that there's nothing controversial actually shown.

Doing that during flu season could cost Dan some wins.

No haven't met her but I have seen her many times in public not just photos and she is still not that pretty at all to me. And this video proves it...She a dog bro...with horse teeth

This video is the most cringe-worthy thing in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rebsgoingdown View Post
    I remember during the Cam Newton saga, there were a number of people questioning why Megan was so upset about him going to Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    I remember during the Cam Newton saga, there were a number of people questioning why Megan was so upset about him going to Auburn.
    that's because they were going to share fashion choices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panthers-amp-39-Cam-Newton-is-mocked-for-eccentric.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	14500

It's weird and inappropriate and somebody should have told her to quit years ago. As someone who doesn't like to be touched by strangers I would push her away.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Ummmm she cares for the players. She's not making out with them. This is dumb af.
    MSU Class of 2011

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbaja View Post
    I don't know about y'all, but my mother doesn't do that to me.

Anyway, Megan is being naive. She is *not* actually their mom, and stuff like this gives men the wrong impression.

Not to mention, what if the roles were reversed and this was a 40-year old man forcibly rubbing noses with a bunch of cheerleaders?

It's inappropriate and its weird. I'm sure she is a saint. But it's inappropriate.
    It's a little weird, but it's stupid to compare it to a 40 year old man doing it with a bunch of cheerleaders. Men and women are simply not the same and the same social norms don't apply. There are times where it is grotesque that the same standards don't apply (e.g., female child molesters get off with wayyy less jail time, and often no jail time), but a lot of times the different standards are just because you are actually talking about two different things.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    This video is the most cringe-worthy thing in this thread.
    How so? It's a pretty mundane promo video for a development they have a house in. She was in broadcast journalism for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStateUofMS View Post
    Ummmm she cares for the players. She's not making out with them. This is dumb af.
    It's definitely a little weird and cringe worthy to people who don't get it. Anyone who saw how she interacted with Nick Bell and his family during that whole mess would get it though. She really does care about them and that's where it's coming from.

Now the other point here, that these young dudes can take it differently than she means it, is a fair one. But that's the way she is, and the way she's always been. It's all much to do about nothing.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

She is one of those rare people whose personality and interpersonal skills actually completely change the way you see her.

ETA: Not only that, I can bet you'd have trouble finding a single person that found her touchy-feeliness off-putting. She is one of those people if other people tried to copy her, they'd end up offending or creeping people off and not be able to understand how she pulls it off. Oddly enough, Dan is the opposite. He manages to make people want to punch him without being able to pinpoint exaclty what he is doing to be so offputting (although there are plenty of times when it's obvious too).
    Last edited by johnson86-1; 11-08-2019 at 12:29 PM.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

This thread needs more pineapple

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	610A9BD6-7361-4084-BB8D-70B1EBE9A0CA.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	14502

Quote Originally Posted by TheStateUofMS View Post
    A hug = fine / A kiss on the cheek = a bit much, but...OK? / A kiss on the lips = weird (at a minimum)

I think the kiss on the lips thing was BS drummed up by the UGA fan who started this tempest in a teapot. It may have happened at some point, but her standard show of affection is a peck on the cheek. Which, btw, is a pretty standard greeting in many cultures.

I find this uproar ridiculous. The world needs more people like her.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Would a pat on the ass be more appropriate? I mean, football players are used to that - right?

I never considered it a big deal when she was here. Getting an actual kiss on the cheek would be a little annoying if I was a player, but I'd just consider it like one of those things your aunt does the one time you see her during the holidays.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

You got it! Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 687
Size:  1.56 MB

I agree. Elbows must be too pointy for some Of the others

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifictorious View Post
    I just noticed that the guys she didn't kiss were probably the kickers.

I bet if she had big breast he would have.

Here’s the obvious: different people have different ideas about how affection is expressed. Each equally worthy of respect. For some, it feels too intimate. Others, not so much. The players are probably no different. If they don’t like it, they could speak up. If they speak up, would her feelings be hurt, would there be repercussions - real or imagined? I sure wouldn’t want to find out with potential millions and realization of a dream at stake.
    Last edited by DeltaChicagoDog; 11-08-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Autocorrect typo

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by kired View Post
    Would a pat on the ass be more appropriate? I mean, football players are used to that - right?

I never considered it a big deal when she was here. Getting an actual kiss on the cheek would be a little annoying if I was a player, but I'd just consider it like one of those things your aunt does the one time you see her during the holidays.

the offers of hernia exams went a little too far though. no?

"She's a dog, bro"

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Former pastor at my church used to shake the men's hands and kiss the ladies on the lips as everyone left church. There was a second exit and a lot of people used it to avoid the awkwardness.

Plus, I'm pretty sure my dad would've smoked that dude if he kissed my mom.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

In America, it is not culturally appropriate to grab someone else's face and pull it close to/touching yours, unless if you are related, engaged in consensual romantic behavior, or performing CPR. Has nothing to do with gender, age, or race.

Unless if you're talking Eskimo I guess.

For some reason this reminds me of a story that was told about a Dizzy Dean. It was told at an event at the MS Sports HOF honoring Jack Cristal I’m the mid-late 2000s. I found it online, though.

After Dizzy Dean and Peewee Reese were no longer allowed to announce ball games. I was a kid in the days of Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Yogi Berra....exciting days for Baseball. But the anoouncing by dizzy Dean kept the humor and excitement going during the lull times of a game. They were eventually taken off of the air due to non politically correct announcing, and I thought baseball would die when they were gone. One of my favorite stories was the one where the camera found a couple in the stands who were quite infatuated with one another and showing a lot of affection. At one point, Peewee said, "It looks like he's kissing her on the strikes." Dizzy said "Yeah he is, and it looks like she is kissing him on the balls." Their mikes were turned off for 10 minutes to supress the laughter.”

About the author....JoMo fan?

Jack Mac

College football/gambling blogger and social media intern. 67-49 ATS during the 2017 CFB season. Fordham 2019.

Better 'n shaking the church ladies' hands and kissing the men on mout

To the white knights down voting. You guys honestly thing Megan is sexually abusing these black football players? Y’all are what’s wrong with this country. Downvote away pussies.
    17 off.

An adult with influence(perceived or accepted) should not be physically kissing the influenced on the lips.

Players could/do feel obligated to participate because of who she is and that is not appropriate.

3 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

You 17 off. I knew this would draw your panty waisted ass out.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

We agree!

Name:  shocked5.gif
Views: 366
Size:  1.53 MB

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    I don’t know about all the different racial or sexual spins that people are the trying to label this with, but if you ask me... it’s just 17ing weird

I have to wonder if the races were reversed, would there be as much interest in this?

Quote Originally Posted by ClintonInHelen View Post
    I’d hit it...
    Name:  source.gif
Views: 303
Size:  2.18 MB

I loved Dizzy Dean and PeeWee's announcing. I grew up watching them on the game of the week, and there were none better. Dizzy came up with a new past tense of "slide" ... and it's hard to phonetically write to get the full effect of his Wiggins, Mississippi, accent ... something like "sluud" (as in, he sluud into second).

So you dont mean it and just said it to be a dick?
    Or you did mean it and just knew i would disagree?

If it's the former, well congrats on being a dick. If its the latter, then congrats on guessing that an incorrect analysis of the situation would get me to respond with the opposite view.

She is a person of influence and players could feel obligated to participate in a tradition that isnt appropriate. All of that isnt something that should happen.

A simple conversation by the university with her would resolve this- it needn't be a big deal.