Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KFC is disgusting. Awful. I will try any other chicken option before them.
    However, sandwich aside, Popeyes is still my favorite fast food restaurant. 3 piece spicy white, mashed potatoes and an extra biscuit. Gettin myself all worked up.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Plays like a high school | Sounds like a high school Yes | No

Mmmm... Glutens are delicious.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

The worst is when you get, "We outta chicken".... KFC and Popeyes are equal offenders.

Itís fast food chicken. I donít expect crazy good service but Iím also not going to wait 30 min when I can go to most gas stations in the south east and get decent fried chicken. I would put Chic Fil A in a different class of fast food chicken more with the tenders places.

Definitely thinking of hitting fried chicken for lunch now

EDSBS has already taught us: Popeyes is perfect and you are the problem.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday...re-the-problem

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Whatever you do, don't ask for a refund.

Link

good read right there.... and I don't read.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Whatever you do, don't ask for a refund.

Link

News outlets report 29-year-old Deriance Ra'Shaiel Hughes was arrested Friday
    naw.

I guess, like Megan Mullen, fast food fried chicken is very subjective.

I have minor cravings for a fast food chicken meal from various places on an infrequent, but consistent basis. My most common fried chicken cravings are, in approximate order of frequency:

1) Raising Cane's 3 Finger Combo. Their chicken fingers are just 17ing tender and delicious to me every time. Also love everything else in the combo including their sweet tea. No lines and I can't recall one bad experience.

2) KFC $5 Fill Up w/ Original Recipe Breast and a side of coleslaw. This'll gross some folks out I'm sure, but I'm old enough to have been eating KFC for a long time. If it's from a decent store, the Original breast with the admittedly bland mashed taters and the overly sweet and watery slaw is some kinda comfort food for me. This is very inconsistent store to store and sometimes plain sucks.

3) Chick-fil-A's Chik-n-Minis w/ hash browns. Greasy, sweet and savory goodness for breakfast. I like their spicy chicken sammich too. Not a waffle fry fan.

I'm also usually perfectly happy to very happy eating Popeyes, Zaxbys (most of the time), Abners or even Church's. I just don't crave them at all. Haven't had the Popeyes grail sammich yet, but my dissatisfaction with their typical customer service makes me doubtful I'd love it. I'll try it someday.

I used to love Wendy's chicken sandwiches, but they have pretty much sucked to me for many years now. Could just be me, but something changed a long time ago with that sandwich. I never order chicken from the other non chicken fast food chains, but will scarf the usually awful nuggets that come extra in some combos just because they're there.

Monologue endeth here.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    I guess, like Megan Mullen, fast food fried chicken is very subjective.
    skimpy wings and greasy thighs might be a joke in there somewhere....

I thought Pizza places held that title...

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheMiddlex3Punt View Post
    Fried chicken places tend to have some of the worst price discrepancies. Like the 10 piece meal will be $25 but the 12 piece special will be $20.

Special medium pizza, 3-toppings $7.99 all day every day

Order it off the menu at regular price and it's $15.99

Ordered using popeyes app, got sandwich in 5 minutes

I've been in one Popeye's exactly once in my entire life. Admittedly it was in a more "sketchy" part of town, but the employees acted like we had no reason or right to be there, and the sevice was the same. The chicken tasted like crap and the biscuit was heavy and packy. When I want a chicken sandwich, I'll stick to Chick Fil A.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Ok boomer.

2 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by AlCoDog View Post
    As itís been said already, Popeyes service has sucked long before this sandwich insanity, regardless of location. I will say i like the Popeyes sandwich better than chic-fil-a, but not so much Iím willing to wait 20-30 minutes for it. I could go through chic-fil-a 20 times in the same amount of time it takes to go through Popeyes once.
    Fast Food means you don't wait. Why would you wait 30 minutes for a chicken sandwich?

Say what you will

A 3 pc spicy w onion rings and a sweet tea is the best fast food order out there.

So you agree they donít deserve $15/hr?

Chick fil A did it right by giving ďownersĒ only 50%, giving them 1 store and making them work in the store.

Itís a non issue for me. If I want a chicken sandwich, which I havenít in over a year, I go to chic filet. If I want chicken, I go to churches. Sorry Popeyes, youíre irrelevant

Pouring gas on the fire...yet another new menu goodie

Now you can chase that Popeyes Chicken Sandwich with a rich Bourbon Fudge Pie Ė which is good, since youíll probably want something sweet after standing in line for hours.
    Last edited by thatsbaseball; 11-12-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    Every Popeyes Iíve been to has shitty service. Theyíre either painfully slow or they complete screw up the order.
    Second this...I went last Friday around 5:30 for some biscuits for a gathering and it still took 30 minutes. They were waiting on filets for sandwiches yet no one seemed to have any urgency to batter and put them in the grease. I worked at chick fil a, a while back and it was like clock work when we needed chicken fried...there they wait until itís gone, get way backed up and then still donít cook enough to meet the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    That would be fine with me. I love dark meat.
    I recently learned that mixed is the way to go

Popeyes has damn good fried chicken and biscuits, but you have to accept what it is when you go there. Just know you might wait and will have bad service.

I took someone's advice and went at 10 am to get the chicken sandwich. It was quick, but the cashier barely made eye contact with me and never spoke to me. I said "thank you" when she handed me the bag, and she just looked at me. It's just part of the Popeye's experience.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Len2003 View Post
    Popeyes has damn good fried chicken and biscuits, but you have to accept what it is when you go there. Just know you might wait and will have bad service.

I took someone's advice and went at 10 am to get the chicken sandwich. It was quick, but the cashier barely made eye contact with me and never spoke to me. I said "thank you" when she handed me the bag, and she just looked at me. It's just part of the Popeye's experience.
    Don't know how it is now, but Popeyes used to generally get better the further south you go in Mississippi. I was basically convinced a long time ago that any popeyes Jackson or north is unfit to eat at. I'm guessing there are probably exceptions, but the most northern one I will eat at is in Magee. Still not outstanding service, but not noticeably awful compared to other fast food.

When I was at state Hardee's had some good fried chicken. I worked for MSU custodial services and that's where all those folks went.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Somebody explain the origin of this meme to me. I had never seen it until like the past week and now it's all over everything. I don't even know how to describe it to google it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    Somebody explain the origin of this meme to me. I had never seen it until like the past week and now it's all over everything. I don't even know how to describe it to google it.
    two chicks from one of the housewives of _____.
    cat is from some instagram thing where the owner offers cat veggies and it makes faces.

Chick fil A has more people working but abt the same percent of labor.
    They train the shit out of them.
    If you donít say ďmy pleasureĒ 3 times during probation, you gone.

I went to Popeyes this evening— long line in the drive thru window in Clinton so I parked and went inside. There were a few folks ahead of me in line but the line moved quickly and I was out the door in less than ten minutes.

So thumbs up to the Clinton Popeyes.

A large % of fast food employees have the IQ of frozen yogurt. I mean they are getting paid 6 dollars an hour or whatever to make a sandwich and many are in their mid 20s and have no other options for work. How much do you really think they give a shit? Unless you do what CFA does you are going to get shitty service. It is not just Popeyes. I canít think of a single fast food place outside of CFA that I get good service consistently. I mean I donít really care as long as they donít Farva in my food.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post