Twitter
    @fishwater99

LSU made $2.259 million in net revenue off beer and wine sales

https://www.wbrz.com/news/lsu-sold-m...um-beer-sales/

We lost at least a million in revenue this year. It's time...

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Pounding faces | Pounding sand Yes | No

Cohen is a afraid we will raise too much money for joeís buyout prize.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

While I agree that its time to sell alcohol as well, revenue and profit arenít the same thing. Iíd be curious to know what their total overhead was and how much they actually cleared in profit.

And they were winning. Just imagine what our team could bring in.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    While I agree that its time to sell alcohol as well, revenue and profit arenít the same thing. Iíd be curious to know what their total overhead was and how much they actually cleared in profit.
    I can tell you that for $9 they opened a can of Ultra and poured it in a cup. Iíd say that they probably did very well in profit.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tatedog View Post
    And they were winning. Just imagine what our team could bring in.
    And LS-WHO is surrounded by bars that sell 25 cent beer...those fools go in and pay $9 per.

Nobody likes cold beer better than me, I take at least a case to the Junction every home game. But, there's not even a remote chance that I'll ever pay anybody $9 for an .80Ę beer, ever, anywhere. I'm all for the revenue that sales at the stadium will generate for anybody gullible enough to do that though. Carry on.....

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Devilís Nectar1!!1
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

If we allow it in our stadium, then you will drink, I will drink, others will drink, the state will drink......it will become total anarchy!***

Name:  bender2.gif
Views: 847
Size:  493.5 KB

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

There will be raping.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

Yeah, but our soul is worth way more**

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post

We lost at least a million in revenue this year.
    nope. lost nothing on beer sales. all the boozers stayed home. they stomped their feet and pouted at home because there was no booze being sold at the stadium. the people at the games this year weren't going to buy any (once they finally got into DW)

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
    nope. lost nothing on beer sales. all the boozers stayed home. they stomped their feet and pouted at home because there was no booze being sold at the stadium. the people at the games this year weren't going to buy any (once they finally got into DW)
    **?

almost enough to pay our entire assistant coaching staff.

I don't understand the issue, is any of the club level areas, you have a locker you stock with your own alcohol and not just beer or wine! Liquor! I can't imagine that LSU didn't net at least half of that amount in alcohol sales. Maybe there is more insurance cost to sell, but would it be much more than the cost to cover the club areas? We need to get that money and pay the assistant coaches more!!!

Fully agree that theyíre two different numbers, but itís also pretty undeniable that there isnít anything more profitable in the entertainment industry than alcohol sales.

Itís been years, but I can remember running the numbers with some college buddies back in the day, and I think we decided that a 12 oz cup of bud light was right around $0.30 or so. If you then assume that someone is pouring 60-100 beers an hour, even paying someone $20/hr to bartend is peanuts. As far as our contract with Aramark goes, I donít know about all that, but itís a ridiculous cop out to use that as an excuse. Both MSU and Aramark are leaving a crapload of money on the table by not doing this, and if the current agreement is the only hang up, I guarantee that Aramark would be willing to renegotiate

Itís just another excuse is a long line of excuses from our administration

lets just sell fermented grape juice.

Marketing should set aside some MSU edam cheese, slice it thin and pair it with your choice of a Merlot or a Pinot for 12 bucks a tray. Label the Merlot as the Brindle Tray and the Pinot as the Frenchie Tray.
    Sell two sizes of draft beer, an 8oz for 6 bucks and a 16 Oz for ten. Call them Lesshead and Moorhead respectively.

It's going to happen eventually, just do it before the gap gets bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Cohen is a afraid we will raise too much money for joe’s buyout prize.
    People need to realize that Mark Keenum is the holdup here. He is the one that is against alcohol sales. John Cohen is just the guy taking the heat for his boss's decision.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Raping or even worse... Rapping !!!!! **

I would assume that the insurance cost associated with selling alcohol in a 65k person venue with tall stairways would be significant.

That's why there's giant ramps at each corner of the stadium

Keenum is starting to give me "flash backs" to Dr. Giles....

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    Fully agree that theyíre two different numbers, but itís also pretty undeniable that there isnít anything more profitable in the entertainment industry than alcohol sales.

Itís been years, but I can remember running the numbers with some college buddies back in the day, and I think we decided that a 12 oz cup of bud light was right around $0.30 or so. If you then assume that someone is pouring 60-100 beers an hour, even paying someone $20/hr to bartend is peanuts. As far as our contract with Aramark goes, I donít know about all that, but itís a ridiculous cop out to use that as an excuse. Both MSU and Aramark are leaving a crapload of money on the table by not doing this, and if the current agreement is the only hang up, I guarantee that Aramark would be willing to renegotiate

Itís just another excuse is a long line of excuses from our administration
    I totally agree. Weíre not in a position to be turning down any sort pf profit for our athletic department. I was just pointing out that the difference isnít enough for us to dump another million or so to assistant coaches or whatever. Its probably like $600-$700k profit for us, which is still quite nice. There are also intangible benefits from increased ticket sales and attendance that would be difficult to quantify. But if people can can get booze in the stadium easily they are likely to stay longer, and buy more concessions as well.

Every professional sports venue in the country manages to insure themselves and still make a healthy profit selling alcohol. It's extremely profitable.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullldawg78 View Post
    I don't understand the issue, is any of the club level areas, you have a locker you stock with your own alcohol and not just beer or wine! Liquor! I can't imagine that LSU didn't net at least half of that amount in alcohol sales. Maybe there is more insurance cost to sell, but would it be much more than the cost to cover the club areas? We need to get that money and pay the assistant coaches more!!!
    "The more than 280,000 drinks, which don't include sales in premium areas"

MSU could also sell beer and wine in premium areas, although people with lockers might not buy much.

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by MStateDawg View Post
    People need to realize that Mark Keenum is the holdup here. He is the one that is against alcohol sales. John Cohen is just the guy taking the heat for his boss's decision.
    But it is so much fun finding another thing to blame on Cohen and bitch him out for something he does not have total control over.
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

I'm actually surprised it is not higher. ~40K drinks per game in a stadium that holds 103K people is actually much lower than I would have guessed. Not saying it's not worth it, just surprised the sales numbers weren't higher.

If I'm at a sporting event, and my choice is beer or soda, I'll pay for beer. I can't tell you how much more enjoyable I find Wake Forest sporting events to be with a beer or two.
    Mississippi State 1992, Wake Forest 1994

My calculations may be way off, but by comparing our attendance to LSUs, and using their percentage of sales to attendance and average price per drink given their numbers,

MSU would sell beer to 39% of the fans at the game or 37,210 fans. Those fans will pay $8 per drink. That's $297,680 of revenue per game. Over a six game schedule that would be $1,786,080 if every game was a sellout.

That should be enough to hire a good s&c coach
    Last edited by Uncle Ruckus; 12-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebmsu97 View Post
    I'm actually surprised it is not higher. ~40K drinks per game in a stadium that holds 103K people is actually much lower than I would have guessed. Not saying it's not worth it, just surprised the sales numbers weren't higher.
    They even embezzle from themselves.**

Only a couple hundred of them could get anything else down once they got inside**

You mean premises liability coverage on a facility owned by a political subdivision of the State of Mississippi and, therefore, subject to the limitations of the Mississippi Tort Claims Act?

Then i know a lot of people who like cold beer better than you.

If you were at say, Fenway Park, you wouldnít drink a cold beer?

Isn't the main reason we won't sell alcohol on campus is that it is not legal to do so unless we get resort status? If so, only the legislature can do that. Cohen and Keenum cannot set it up anyway.

Flame away........

The only reason the legislature hasn't given us resort status is because we've never asked them to.