Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    What you're doing is exactly "bitching about bitching." If you're willing to let the past be the past, and if you truly aren't a 12 year old girl, then there's no need to jump in a thread and accuse people of having thin skin and hurt feelings just because they posted something on a message board. It sounds like you're the one with thin skin and hurt feelings to me. I'm sorry that you were triggered.
    Apparently some people have not realized that you are NOT required to read every thread on the board.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Pounding faces | Pounding sand Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Bcash2 View Post
    Essentially being a spam bot.
    This Rupert dude must have gotten under some folks skin. This is the second time I have seen him mentioned

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    Iím just gonna chalk this statement up to recency bias, because there is just no way that is true.

Signed,
    An MSU student from 2003-2008
    Well, in the 5 years you were at MSU you missed reading comprehension, since I qualified my statement as opinion, and a humble one at that.
    Also, a lot of posters on this board predicted a 4-8 season next year based on the spiraling regressing in this program, especially after the Louisville bed shitting. Had Cohen not acted decisively, 4-8 in 2020 was entirely plausible, (but hypothetical, of course) which is the same record that got Croom fired. Given 5 years, I think Morehead could have set the bar at MSU for complete program destruction.
    2003-2008 was an entirely different era. No SEC network, no transfer portal, and Templeton as AD. I was around, too. Looking back, it was still the dark ages for State. Croom inherited very poor situation and had some glimmers of success, but whatever gains he made were lost in 2008. Beating Alabama twice was something that I'll always cherish him for, albeit those bastards were down, too.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I hate to admit it T-towndawgg, but I agree, I think it was only headed downhill. After the bowl debacle I decided it was not salvageable by any means. We were headed back to 2 and 3 win seasons. Cohen definitely made the correct move regardless of Joe's future success or failures it had to end. And the hiring of Leach was better than I ever imagined would happen.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by T-TownDawgg View Post
    Well, in the 5 years you were at MSU you missed reading comprehension, since I qualified my statement as opinion, and a humble one at that.
    Also, a lot of posters on this board predicted a 4-8 season next year based on the spiraling regressing in this program, especially after the Louisville bed shitting. Had Cohen not acted decisively, 4-8 in 2020 was entirely plausible, (but hypothetical, of course) which is the same record that got Croom fired. Given 5 years, I think Morehead could have set the bar at MSU for complete program destruction.
    2003-2008 was an entirely different era. No SEC network, no transfer portal, and Templeton as AD. I was around, too. Looking back, it was still the dark ages for State. Croom inherited very poor situation and had some glimmers of success, but whatever gains he made were lost in 2008. Beating Alabama twice was something that I'll always cherish him for, albeit those bastards were down, too.

Actually, in my 5 years at MSU, I learned to form my opinions based on actual data and evidence, not simply whims or conjecture with no basis in fact. I could say it’s my “humble opinion” that we would have gone 12-0 next year if we hung onto Moorhead, and we made a terrible decision in firing him. And that would carry just as much weight as what you are saying.

Speaking of facts and evidence, behold the following tale of woe:
    1) 5 years
    2) 21-38 overall record / 10-30 SEC record
    3) NINE losses to teams that finished their season below .500 (average of almost 2 per year)
    4) A loss to a 6-and-17ing-6 FCS team from a state that borders a Canadian maritime province
    5) Two SEC losses to teams that finished 3-8 or worse
    6) Punting from the 30
    7) Losing record against some of the most pathetic OM teams fielded in the past 30 years.
    Leaving the same QB in the game until he throws SIX interceptions
    9) “If you can’t see improvement, you’re blind!”
    10) 4 losses to G5 schools
    11) “The Secret Weapon” redshirt fiasco
    12) 3-2
    13) Not only losing, but getting our 17ing asses kicked, at home, by a 4-8 Tulane team that was freaking homeless after Katrina.
    14) Our starting NFL-caliber Left Tackle firing a gun on campus
    15) Our starting QB being chastised in the postgame press conference for making “the wrong read”...on a 30 yard touchdown pass.
    16) 45-0

And on, and on, and on.

One does not simply outdo Sylvester Croom Jr. in the “worst coach in MSU history” department. JoMo is just a below average head coach, but can’t even touch any of the above levels of ineptitude. Sylvester Croom was probably Top 10 all time worst in SEC history. Not a humble opinion. Just fact.
    Last edited by Go Budaw; 01-17-2020 at 10:01 AM.

I hope he does well at Oregon, but I can still think and say he was a crappy head football coach. And while he was nice enough in person the few times I met him and spoke with him, his comments towards our team and the fans eventually got a lot of people out of his corner. It wasn't just one time. It's good to be fiery and a bit of an ass but it's not good when you are delusional to the facts about performance, progress, and expectations. Wish him well but the parting was not something that will be fondly remembered by either party. We have him a big wad of cash and drug his Yankee ass out.

Ready to see how the MiKe Leach era goes. Maybe he can air raid And fight with us to get back to where we at least were with Mullen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    This Rupert dude must have gotten under some folks skin. This is the second time I have seen him mentioned
    Welcome back Rupert.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    First of all, let me say that I didn't and still don't dislike Joe Moorhead. I think he is a really good man. I don't think he was a really good head football coach. Having said that....

I thought it was pretty funny that I was called a "jilted little bitch" for the comment that I made. For those that didn't see it, I had linked an editorial from the SDN on the current situation at Oktibbeha county lake as a follow up to a thread from the day before. I also mentioned that I had read a few articles about the lake and Stans ties to it since he was mentioned in the earlier thread. One of the things that I learned was that a water park had been built out there, but was no longer in operation. It just triggered my memory of JoMo taking the team to a water park in the middle of preseason camp (when obviously he should have been working on the offense)....was that another dig? So, I simply said that it's too bad that the water park was closed and that JoMo could have taken the team there instead of having to leave town for one. I mean if I really wanted to dog JoMo I hope I could do better than that, but this obviously set off a few "jilted little bitches" and hurt their feelings. So they had their say and tried to make me feel bad for my comments I guess.

By the way, if you look up the word jilted in the dictionary, it states..."suddenly rejected or abandoned".

I'll quote myself in my reply to the guy who called me a jilted little bitch...."Son, no one who wanted his Yankee ass drug out of here was jilted, I can assure you".

Just going by the definition of the word, I don't think any of the folks who wanted JoMo gone were suddenly rejected or abandoned. Now the folks who wanted him to stay....that's another story.
    Thanks for the dissertation on jilted.

Now saying the repeated crap sounds like a jilted little bitch and being called one are different.

But please proceed. I'm sure everyone on the board is looking for another poster to make a point that's been made 1000s of times.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Pay me 4 or 5 million dollars for two years and I don't care what anyone has to say about me

Budaw, you're not wrong, but I saw Moorhead going in the same direction, and I'm glad he was let go in time to salvage things before they got to that point.

You did, however, prove the point I made in my original post.

If you can compile an impressive list of stats and facts to rightfully shit on a coach who's been gone for 12 years, I can poke fun at JoMo who's been gone 3 weeks. Carry on, pack.

Quote Originally Posted by T-TownDawgg View Post
    Budaw, you're not wrong, but I saw Moorhead going in the same direction, and I'm glad he was let go in time to salvage things before they got to that point.

You did, however, prove the point I made in my original post.

If you can compile an impressive list of stats and facts to rightfully shit on a coach who's been gone for 12 years, I can poke fun at JoMo who's been gone 3 weeks. Carry on, pack.
    I think you are missing the point. It’s not about “how long can a coach be gone before you shit on him” or coaches period. It’s about any topic that gets beaten into the ground for 16 months, and then still beaten yet again despite a cataclysmic change that makes the topic no longer immediately relevant.

Tied to my example with Croom, there are literal MSU graduates who were 7 years old when he was hired and 11-12 years old when he was canned. Many of those graduates assuredly read and post on this board, and may not have been aware of some things said, as it hasn’t been a recent topic of discussion. There is no one here who isn’t well versed on all of Moorhead’s shortcomings at this point.

As far as if you want to vent about him still, knock yourself out I guess. I’m sure I’ll agree with all of it except the asinine “worse than Croom” part. I’m just speaking from the perspective of mutual enjoyment and entertainment for everyone on the board, and saying that many people are just flat out tired of talking and hearing about Moorhead. It’s like your buddy’s ex who he can’t stop bringing up and talking about what a whore bitch she is. It may be all true, but it still gets old.
    Last edited by Go Budaw; 01-17-2020 at 01:53 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post