OT: Another MLB Manager out

Beltran just stepped down from the Mets. Three MLB managers out in a matter of days from one scandal, all from high profile teams. If this were 20 years ago it would be the biggest news in sports, now itís a big deal but not nearly as big of a deal as it wouldíve been at one time.

Pounding faces | Pounding sand Yes | No

It makes the steroid era seem quaint

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

No kidding. At least the steroid era boiled down to individual players deciding to either put or not put banned substances into their body.

The current stuff is an orchestrated scheme to just blatantly cheat. Itís quite bizarre, and I said it last year but Iíll say it again... when offensive numbers balloon at a unheard of rate like they did last year out of nowhere, something is up
    Last edited by Seinfeld; 01-16-2020 at 05:23 PM.

I think from an offensive standpoint it has to do with the baseballs.
    MLB did something to the balls in 2019. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but no way the HRís went up like they did without it.
    Kinda like in golf, the ball itself flies a lot further ( and better equipment) now but you canít ďworkĒ the ball like you used to.

Hell, even the Black Sox scandal was a handful of individual players & not a systemic network of cheating.

Wasn't there something a few years ago about pitchers' spin rate drastically improving once signed with the Astros?

How deep will this go?

Buck Showalter was just interviewed by Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Seinfeld View Post
    No kidding. At least the steroid era boiled down to individual players deciding to either put or not put banned substances into their body.

The current stuff is an orchestrated scheme to just blatantly cheat. Itís quite bizarre, and I said it last year but Iíll say it again... when offensive numbers balloon at a unheard of rate like they did last year out of nowhere, something is up
    Please...sign stealing is as old as baseball. Itís just the technology that the difference now.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    Please...sign stealing is as old as baseball. Itís just the technology that the difference now.
    This goes beyond gamesmanship. Yes, it's due to technology. But, a live dugout feed & possible buzzers worn is a horse of a different color.

The buzzers is what got me, this makes baseball look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    The buzzers is what got me, this makes baseball look really bad.

The buzzer thing is bogus. The woman was not Beltran's niece, Altuve has denied ever wearing a device, and MLB does not believe it is an issue. Btw, this mess may not be over. Beltran worked for the NYY last year and Cora has hinted Beltran installed the same technology sign stealing system. I certainly don't need any more self-righteous comments from Yankees.