Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44

Thread: T Buck

  1. #1

    T Buck

    T Buck to Ole Miss per Twitter


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  2. #2
    What Twitter feed?


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  3. #3
    Johnathon Banks tweeted TBuck gone to Ole Miss.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  4. #4
    That sucks


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  5. #5
    Good. Heís an average coach and average recruiter


    5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  6. #6
    He only recruited two thirds of our probable starting secondary for next year. I see your point.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdawgin View Post
    He only recruited two thirds of our probable starting secondary for next year. I see your point.
    we had one of the worst secondaries in the country last year. Maybe we should give someone else a chance to recruit 2/3rds of our secondary.
    Last edited by campshelbydog842003; 01-17-2020 at 08:40 PM.


    3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    we had one of the worst secondaries in the country last year. Maybe we should give someone else a chance to recruit 2/3rds of our secondary.
    We played true freshman most of the year. Buckley is a huge loss. Everyone spinning this is trying to make themselves feel better. Leach shouldíve made a spot for him.


    4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchDAWG View Post
    We played true freshman most of the year. Buckley is a huge loss. Everyone spinning this is trying to make themselves feel better. Leach shouldíve made a spot for him.
    No, heís not. He lost about 10 recruits when going head to head with other schools and was an average at best coach. Mullen wanted him gone and leach didnít want him. 2 of the best minds in the game.


    2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  10. #10
    I like him but heís honestly nothing special as a coach. Players do like him but thatís his biggest asset


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  11. #11
    We gave up 20 more passing yards a game than the national champions. Another great point.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  12. #12
    Heís popular because he was an all American at FSU and won a super bowl. Itís pretty telling that his alma mater (FSU) had an open position and didnít even talk to him. Heís not a good coach or recruiter. The proof is in the pudding. This was a PR stunt by OM and yíall are falling for it


    2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I like him but he’s honestly nothing special as a coach. Players do like him but that’s his biggest asset
    He was too close to our players. They didn’t fear him and were buddy buddy with him. We don’t need that shit. I’m glad leach is cleaning house. He’s a lot smarter than anyone on this board. Let’s let him
    do his job.
    Last edited by RPOdawg; 01-17-2020 at 08:52 PM. Reason: grammar


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchDAWG View Post
    We played true freshman most of the year. Buckley is a huge loss. Everyone spinning this is trying to make themselves feel better. Leach shouldíve made a spot for him.
    Dan Mullen didn't take him to Florida. His Alma mater doesn't want him either. The only reason he was retained by Moorhead was because he missed on his top 2 targets for db coach. He's not a big loss. As RPO stated, he had about 5 decommits as a recruiter. He is a players coach and they are going to act like 18 year olds when he leaves, but he is not anything special. Leach kept Hughes. He knows what he is doing.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RPOdawg View Post
    Heís popular because he was an all American at FSU and won a super bowl. Itís pretty telling that his alma mater (FSU) had an open position and didnít even talk to him. Heís not a good coach or recruiter. The proof is in the pudding. This was a PR stunt by OM and yíall are falling for it
    Heís plenty good as a recruiter. Went and got Reese and some others. Not saying heís irreplaceable but recruiting is basically why heís here and why OM wants him. His coaching is another story, and I wonít opine on that one way or the other. Position coaches can be hard to evaluate.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  16. #16
    Maybe we can torch him next year in the EB


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  17. #17
    Maybe we have a dc in tow that might have a staff incoming that he trust.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Maybe we have a dc in tow that might have a staff incoming that he trust.
    Per the 247 crew we should have the dc finalized by this weekend (that's not for sure but looking that way). No clue who it is though.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  19. #19
    Thatís not a maybe


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  20. #20
    I personally know 10 guys that are better coaches than he is, & he puts forth effort in recruiting, but nothing special.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  21. #21
    Is it a loss of you let them go?


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  22. #22
    Heís been trying to leave since he got here and no one would take him. Mullen wanted to get rid of him and Moorhead wasnít going to keep him until he was told to. Itís a win


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    Heís plenty good as a recruiter. Went and got Reese and some others. Not saying heís irreplaceable but recruiting is basically why heís here and why OM wants him. His coaching is another story, and I wonít opine on that one way or the other. Position coaches can be hard to evaluate.
    His recruiting is why we were starting 2 true freshmen at the end of the year before they were ready in the first place. He's not a great recruiter.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdawgin View Post
    He only recruited two thirds of our probable starting secondary for next year. I see your point.
    Lol the secondary was terrible last year and being the secondary coach it stands to reason why he would recruit them.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  25. #25
    Well who else would have recruited them?


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdawgin View Post
    We gave up 20 more passing yards a game than the national champions. Another great point.
    LSUís Defense was good not great and teams were always behind so they had to pass the ball more.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveBranchDAWG View Post
    We played true freshman most of the year. Buckley is a huge loss. Everyone spinning this is trying to make themselves feel better. Leach shouldíve made a spot for him.
    Lol wut? Huge loss? 😂😂😂 he was a decent coach but it was more than freshmen looking lost out there. He was a decent recruiter but he got nowhere close to the results of his reputation among fans as being a great recruiter.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  28. #28
    I know a lot of former players like him. But Hughes was a pretty good secondary coach. But with Buckley gone and Hughes on staff I expect dc will be names pretty soon because I imagine new dc would have some say so in d staff.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    Heís plenty good as a recruiter. Went and got Reese and some others. Not saying heís irreplaceable but recruiting is basically why heís here and why OM wants him. His coaching is another story, and I wonít opine on that one way or the other. Position coaches can be hard to evaluate.
    ok he got Stewart Reese. How good is Reese really? Heís decent but heís not great. Who has he recruited that has been really good or great?


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  30. #30
    Iím just guessing but I think the decisions have been made between a head coach and his choice of dcoordinator. Iím ok with this because Buckley had no ties to us. We will be fine. Staff turnover happens but even Leach knows Hughes is the glue that binds.
    Iím trusting the process. I believed in Moorhead longer than most. But I believe Leach has a true goal to go down as a great coach. He has proven to be a winner and I truly believe he wants to excel in the greatest division in football. I may be wrong but I believe he gets things done at MState.
    All I have is a hope but after seeing the end of the Moorhead years I know things will improve. Iím all in! Then again Iím always all in! Damn Iím gullible! Itís great until the season starts


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    I know a lot of former players like him. But Hughes was a pretty good secondary coach. But with Buckley gone and Hughes on staff I expect dc will be names pretty soon because I imagine new dc would have some say so in d staff.

    Oh heís cool with a lot of his former and current players. Thatís part of the problem. Theyíre friends. You canít be friends with your 18-20 year old players.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    southaven, ms
    Posts
    1,017
    Ole Miss is just trying to land Forbes. They are going to pull out all the stops like when Freeze was at Ole Miss.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by AlCoDog View Post
    Thatís not a maybe
    Putting up 70 on them this year will be neat


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  34. #34
    How long was T Buck here at State? It seems like he coached for us for awhile and through multiple staffs. I would say good luck to him if he went anywhere other that Ole Miss.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  35. #35
    Position coach is completely different than a head coach. We all got a long great with position coach even when he was a hard ass. Your position coach spends pretty much all the time with you. A lot of players hold more allegiance to a position coach than a coordinator or head coach. Position coaches pretty much become and older brother figure where I'm the head coach is the dad. I know a lot of our former players didn't care who the dc was going to be as long as their position coach didn't change. That's true with a lot of teams. Yes they are there to be their coach not just their friend but they also have the closest connection to the players than any other coach and the players have a closer connection to that coach. So they do become friends a lot of times. Especially after graduating. You think T Buc is bad coach because his former players like him? That's a bad take.

    Our cornerbacks were bad this year but our whole defense was bad. Lot of it was youth. A lot of it was overall team attitude. A lot of it was bad coaching. He had some pretty good groups during his time at state. He isn't that bad of a recruiter either. Why do you think Freshwater hires him?

    Am I surprised he wasn't retained no? I think wants about as fresh start as he can get. Just like Mullen when he moved in at Florida. When you move in to a program with discipline problems you usually clean house so that there are no authority problems.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by muddawgs View Post
    Ole Miss is just trying to land Forbes. They are going to pull out all the stops like when Freeze was at Ole Miss.

    Thought we had already signed Forbes.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  37. #37
    I understand T Buck was popular with players and some fans but is the following true about him?

    Mullen did not offer him a job at Florida
    FSU has not offered him twice
    Leach did not offer him

    If these are all true you have to wonder why. Mullen had experience with him on his staff. He is a FSU legend. Leach had to have watched film and gotten feedback from MSU staff. There has to be a reason for these things.


    2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  38. #38
    Look no further than our last two games. CBs with a full season under Buckley were lost.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  39. #39
    the fact that morgan started tells me someone should be fired


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    southaven, ms
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Thought we had already signed Forbes.
    yeah but he can get out of his signature due to coaching change. Itís been noted that he is still being recruited by other schools and Ole Miss. ole miss tried to hire Tony Hughes as well. They are going all in on recruiting again.


    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.


Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties