Cerantola = Nasty

I love how Foxhall has all our starters throwing chaneups. For the first time in forever, we currently have three starters with a really good three pitch mix.

Just have to keep logging the innings for Cerantola and McLeod.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

Jim said he hit 100 in the 2nd

Cerantola nutted up with the bases loaded.

Whew, I thought that last half inning was about to get really ugly

65 pitches through 3 innings is kinda high. But he did a great job working out of that 3rd inning jam.

Electric, when he stays within his mechanics. I love how he bears down when forced into the stretch- you can see his competitiveness. And he isnít even knocking on the ceiling of his potential yet.

Big time pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmadman View Post
    65 pitches through 3 innings is kinda high. But he did a great job working out of that 3rd inning jam.
    If your first two starters can be as good as expected, that will be ok. If you can get just 3-4 innings of almost unhittable stuff from your Sunday guy, thatís great. Unless your bullpen is really taxed. Which it wonít be most weekends, with Ginn going on Friday. And especially if MacLeod is what heís expected to be.

Other thing to remember is that Cerantola will be going up against opposing teamsí Sunday guys too. In other words, we wonít often need him to pitch a shut out. Just need 4-5 innings out of him without getting torched

Ginn is and will be on a strict pitch count.

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    then move him to sunday

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic_Objurgator View Post
    then move him to sunday
    If MacLeod is as good as hoped, then that would make a ton of sense. State would be a huge favorite in every Sunday game all season

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Thatís probably written into his agreement.

Does that ďagreementĒ really matter? Iím not saying we should go over that pitch count but any ďagreementĒ is meaningless really

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Ginn right now is like having a Ferrari you canít drive faster than 60.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Put him in ,

in the 5th, and let him go.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

I'm just thankful we have him. In the last 6 years, 253 out of 259 1st round picks signed. Ginn is one of the 6. He turned down close to $3,000,000. If he insists on a strict pitch count, I'm all for it.

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    Does that ďagreementĒ really matter? Iím not saying we should go over that pitch count but any ďagreementĒ is meaningless really
    Big picture- yes, it matters.

Even if he is on a pitch count who cares, we are better off with him throwing those select pitches than without him

I mean MLB has pitch counts too

Heís a first rounder thatís just how it goes in amateur ball, pal

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by RockKickinSandPoundinSOB View Post
    Ginn right now is like having a Ferrari you canít drive faster than 60.
    Maybe so, but it might help us get some other talented arms to let us drive their Ferrariís for a couple of years in the future.

I really do think itís important to take care of that young manís future, as well as all the other arms on our staff. All that Tommy John nonsense a few years back was obscene. I hope whoever hurt all those arms has changed their work routines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogg31 View Post
    All that Tommy John nonsense a few years back was obscene. I hope whoever hurt all those arms has changed their work routines.
    While I agree, who you going to blame?

Parents who let their kids pitch too long?

The kids for overdoing it?

Travel ball coaches?

High school coaches?

Wes Johnson?

Bottom line thereís responsibility everywhere and it really isnít that difficult to prevent these type things

my point is there is no ďagreementĒ besides a convo. Thereís no contract.

my point is there is no ďagreementĒ besides a convo. Thereís no contract.
    Haha That was not your point. Seriously a written contract? Just stop man your point was that we should not have honored his parents wishes

A verbal contract is still a contract. It technically does meet all the requirements of a contract (offer, acceptance, and consideration). Or at least, that's what my Business Law professor taught me back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I'm just thankful we have him. In the last 6 years, 253 out of 259 1st round picks signed. Ginn is one of the 6. He turned down close to $3,000,000. If he insists on a strict pitch count, I'm all for it.
    Does this count supplemental first round picks? I would imagine it does based on the number. Because if so, thatís pretty crazy that 2 of those 6 are pitching at Ole Miss and State right now (Hoglund and Ginn).

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordrebel22 View Post
    Does this count supplemental first round picks? I would imagine it does based on the number. Because if so, thatís pretty crazy that 2 of those 6 are pitching at Ole Miss and State right now (Hoglund and Ginn).
    Thatís the crazy thing. We finally sign a 1st rounder....then Ole Miss does the exact same thing in the exact same year.

We rise to #1 in football....Ole Miss is #2.

We really canít leave each other alone. Maybe itís best we stay that way??

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The fact is we are closer to each other than each fanbase want's to admit. The gap will never widen between the two schools. It will always even out.

It does count supplemental picks. We're both very lucky to have 1 of the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by My Bru View Post
    Thatís the crazy thing. We finally sign a 1st rounder....then Ole Miss does the exact same thing in the exact same year.

We rise to #1 in football....Ole Miss is #2.

We really canít leave each other alone. Maybe itís best we stay that way??
    Iím in the minority, I know. But I think the best thing for Stateís athletic department is for Ole Miss to be competitive, and vice versa. Granted, I donít think it matters as much now as it used to, when money was tighter. Because back then the powers that be needed the nudging. Both programs were content being 5-7 as long as they beat the other and the other was 3-9.

But, I still think it matters. Ole Missís stadium improvements to baseball likely made State a little more eager to improve Dudy Noble. And the masterpiece that Dudy Noble has become will incentivize OM to continue to try and improve Swayze. And it goes on and on... it is pretty crazy though that only two 1st rounders made it to college out of that draft and one is at each MS school starting in the weekend rotations. Hoglund did not have as good a freshman year as Ginn, but he was solid. I know the staff expects him to make a big sophomore jump. He looked the part against Louisville Saturday.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    The fact is we are closer to each other than each fanbase want's to admit. The gap will never widen between the two schools. It will always even out.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by My Bru View Post
    Even if he is on a pitch count who cares, we are better off with him throwing those select pitches than without him

I mean MLB has pitch counts too

Heís a first rounder thatís just how it goes in amateur ball, pal
    I get this to an extent but man you would think he wants to compete. Kumar is a future 1st rounder and he went 6. Ginn struggled to get through 3. Ginn is good but at some point you need to look dominant. Not struggle to get through 3 innings to be pulled for pitch count. Kumar is just better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordrebel22 View Post
    Iím in the minority, I know. But I think the best thing for Stateís athletic department is for Ole Miss to be competitive, and vice versa. Granted, I donít think it matters as much now as it used to, when money was tighter. Because back then the powers that be needed the nudging. Both programs were content being 5-7 as long as they beat the other and the other was 3-9.

But, I still think it matters. Ole Missís stadium improvements to baseball likely made State a little more eager to improve Dudy Noble. And the masterpiece that Dudy Noble has become will incentivize OM to continue to try and improve Swayze. And it goes on and on... it is pretty crazy though that only two 1st rounders made it to college out of that draft and one is at each MS school starting in the weekend rotations. Hoglund did not have as good a freshman year as Ginn, but he was solid. I know the staff expects him to make a big sophomore jump. He looked the part against Louisville Saturday.
    Historically, this has been true. Pete Boone and Lonnie Tinkle couldn't have survived as ADs without the other.

I'd like to think this is no longer the case. We did fire a coach that was 2-0 in egg bowls. On the otherhand, we weren't going to fire him after winning the egg bowl without the disastrous on and off field showing at the bowl game. Not sure if him surviving until bowl season was because of beating ole miss or just because of the concern about firing a coach that went to two straight bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Gonna disagree here as far as baseball goes. Ole Miss has a crap ton of trips to Omaha and a bunch of losses to State that they need to make up for if they want things to even out.
    Last edited by Hanmudog; 02-17-2020 at 03:30 PM.