Welp. The U.S. is on top again but not in a good way

We passed China in number of cases to over 82000

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

We also have tested more people than any other country.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

USA! USA! USA!

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

We will probably figure out in 15-20 years that a million people died in China from COVID19

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    We passed China in number of cases to over 82000
    We all know that China's numbers are bullshit. Well, those of us with any sense do.

10 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Not per capita.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

reported cases. big distinction.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

and you may be conservative.........

First, you can’t trust the numbers from China. However regardless it is the number of confirmed cases. Like the other poster stated we are doing the most tests.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I just cannot imagine them only having 4k deaths. Italy and Spain are hitting that on a weekly basis. With how big Wuhan is, and the fact that this thing due to its nature would have been spreading around for weeks everywhere it went before anyone caught on, I just cant imagine any containment measure (as strict as they were) could've shut down the virus throughout their country. I know WHO said they were on the ground and the numbers are legit but... um... you couldn't even be "on the ground" everywhere in Mississippi, much less China. I want to know who China is testing and where. Is it throughout their country or just in the densely populated areas? So many questions we will never know the answer to.

By the way, Irans numbers are total bullshit too.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It seems that we have some commie sympathizers downvoting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We also have tested more people than any other country.
    I wish there were a chart that gave number of tests given with positive results by country

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    First, you can’t trust the numbers from China. However regardless it is the number of confirmed cases. Like the other poster stated we are doing the most tests.
    I don’t have an official count or anything, but South Korea, as of the middle of last week, had tested more than 3.5 times of people than we did. There’s a Planet Money podcast on the topic that goes into a discussion about the red tape, CDC, and private sector in the US when it came to allowing who got to develop the tests.

This is a good thing because we’ve also tested more people than any other country. We also have a lot lower mortality rate than a lot of other countries.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

And many of the ones with far fewer cases will be begging for aid within a year...and we'll help them. It's what we do.
    Last edited by thatsbaseball; 03-26-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Interesting video on estimating actual number of cases in your area...from Khan Academy

https://youtu.be/mCa0JXEwDEk

No way I believe the numbers China reported. Do you?

Nm

Here's an ominous sign if I've ever seen one

Read where China is missing several million

Previously active cell phone users from a few months ago. Certainly there are a lot of possibilities there.
    I don't always drink but when I do I become a message board genius**

Got to “bacterial infections”. Quit reading.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
    Got to “bacterial infections”. Quit reading.
    Just kidding. I read the rest. That guy needs to hang up his journalist cap. Writing is not for him.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wish there were a chart that gave number of tests given with positive results by country
    Agreed

That would be a valuable stat.

Quote Originally Posted by coach66 View Post
    Previously active cell phone users from a few months ago. Certainly there are a lot of possibilities there.
    That’s scary.

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I don’t have an official count or anything, but South Korea, as of the middle of last week, had tested more than 3.5 times of people than we did. There’s a Planet Money podcast on the topic that goes into a discussion about the red tape, CDC, and private sector in the US when it came to allowing who got to develop the tests.
    And now, in 8 days, the US has tested more than S Korea did in 8 weeks. I’d say, that is a pretty effective “catch up”, not that it is a positive under the circumstances in which we are testing.

Twitter
    @missouridawg3
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    And now, in 8 days, the US has tested more than S Korea did in 8 weeks. I’d say, that is a pretty effective “catch up”, not that it is a positive under the circumstances in which we are testing.
    big, if true.

where you getting those testing numbers? I’m interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    big, if true.

where you getting those testing numbers? I’m interested in them.
    My bad. In 9 days, we tested more than they tested in 8 weeks. I was off a day. And now in 11 days, we have tested well over 1/2 million, adding about 100000 per day.

But yes, it is very possible that people had this 5 weeks ago that have gotten better, but there is no way to quantify those. We are where we are now.