Has smoke cleared from basketball transfers ?

been away for a few days

As usual only sunshine’s and rainbows in regards to the news. Anyone have any insight? Is this the new normal for college basketball?

I guess if you can’t build team chemistry or entice kids to work hard ....then just find 5-6 guys who can run dribble and shoot for a year...and pay the shit out of them.

The underlying problem is that the name on the front of the jersey doesn’t mean shit to a college basketball player anymore. The name that matters is on the back of the jersey.

rankle

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    deadvirus | deadhead Yes | No

There sure don’t seem to be too many people worried about it, but it’s alarming to me. If we’re to assume that Howland’s early classes weren’t going to repeat themselves due to the legacy well drying up, I was fine with transitioning more to the hidden gem kinda player. Stansbury made a career out of getting kids like Frazier, Stewart, and Varnado that may not have been world beaters as freshmen, but they were solid by their upperclassmen years.

I thought that guys like Butts, King, and Odura would be that type of player, but with them now leaving, it leaves a massive hole to fill. Sure, it probably won’t impact next year all that much, but we’ve got to be developing guys to take over current starters, and that pool is pretty shallow right now.

I won’t freak out until we know for sure what Perry and Woodard are going to do, but Howland needs to pick up some new faces between now and next season. If he doesn’t, consider next year to be the beginning of his swan song at MSU

I think team chemistry is what got us in trouble in the first place.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Need to hit the transfer portal hard this spring. Pick up some grad transfers to fill in the holes left on the bench and starting g lineup.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Wichita state has had 7 scholarship players and 1 walk on announce they were transferring.

Kids don’t understand everybody can’t play.

Quote Originally Posted by expireddog View Post
    1 walk on announce they were transferring.
    That's a bold move.

And just like that Alabama adds 6’6” 5* combo guard Joshua Primo from Canada.

We played 7 this year. We will play 7 next year.

Nick, Molinar, DJ, Woodard, Ado, Tulo, and Devion.

Might even find a transfer ourselves.

What is basketball? Is that the one with the sticks?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Woodard could be gone too!

Projected first round higher than a Perry!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    What is basketball? Is that the one with the sticks?
    It s that game that used to get played at Humphrey Memorial Hospital. You remember when we converted it back in 2021 to take care of the virus people?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by goodknight View Post
    Projected first round higher than a Perry!
    Both will have a shot but ANY one that 'projects' Woodard over Perry is an idiot.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I've seen several hoops transfer candidates in my Twitter feed in the last week or so. The one constant seems to be that Alabama and Arkansas are on almost every list of schools under consideration. Their new coaches are definitely hustling and working hard.