Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rosey has strong indications

Jarrion Jones going to OM. Guess I wonít post exactly what he posted and said. But looks done basically.

Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

JDub all aboard on The Lane Train....

Apparently itís confirmed now. I canít wait to beat his ass every thanksgiving. I hope Cohen is raising hell about this also.

Whatever... Letís just get everyone back on campus and get to work.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

If Iím Leach/KJ...Iím going at him early and often.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

We will survive. Talented player but far from irreplaceable. And he just became an easy target for us to pick on in future Egg Bowls. Not sure heís going to like having to defend the Air Raid every Thanksgiving.

[FONT="]pic.twitter.com/YW5J9XHBLh‚ÄĒ J2. (@JarrianJones) May 23, 2020 [/FONT]

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Iím assuming heís having to sit a year right? This whole thing is really weird. Dude is going to be a huge target in the egg bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Msubulldogfan1 View Post
    If I’m Leach/KJ...I’m going at him early and often.
    Will KJ have a chance to throw at him? Will he have to sit a year?

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Whatever... Letís just get everyone back on campus and get to work.
    You have to fight it to protect the program from this becoming a frequent occurrence. Surely people get that

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

the next Nick Brassell

Apparently itís confirmed now. I canít wait to beat his ass every thanksgiving. I hope Cohen is raising hell about this also.
    Cohen isnít going to anything....LT2

3 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen isnít going to anything....LT2
    I donít know what evidence youíre looking at to suggest the two are remotely similar.

5 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Iím fine with Jones going. He didnít want to be here. If you are on the MSU roster and want to go to OM, then GTFO.

That said, Cohen should still raise hell on principle. Itís amazing how Ole Miss recruits during dead periods. Stuff gets done when you have boosters (or disassociated boosters) throwing parties and inviting players to them.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I donít know what evidence youíre looking at to suggest the two are remotely similar.
    Vic to Texas.... Mullen to Florida....

0 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Are you being serious? KJ is a graduate transfer and will be here for only this year

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Was he the one trying to get Ealy to com to State?

Vic to Texas.... Mullen to Florida....
    mullen was trying to leave while SS was AD as well, and Mullen was reportedly offered a huge raise to stay, as was Vic. He also has hired two sitting P5 head coaches in football and baseball, does that sound like Templeton? Did he ever do that?

Steve said Cohen was on the phone with Keith Carter at 8am in the morning inquiring about this situation and launching an investigation.

Templeton and Cohen are nothing alike.

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by HamSammich View Post
    Are you being serious? KJ is a graduate transfer and will be here for only this year
    He was asking if JJ has to sit a year. Iím not 100%, but I donít think he does.

ETA: OM can request a waiver for him to be immediately eligible, and state can deny that and the NCAA will have final ruling if he can play right away or sit a year.
    Last edited by Msubulldogfan1; 05-23-2020 at 10:51 AM.

The kind of person who would do that is the kind of person you want gone.

11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    The kind of person who would do that is the kind of person you want gone.
    I agree with this for the most part. But at the same time, we donít need all our 4* talent transferring to schools in the same conference and to our rivals. Hopefully he is the last one.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

ETA: OM can request a waiver for him to be immediately eligible, and state can deny that and the NCAA will have final ruling if he can play right away or sit a year.
    Correct, and the waiver will be denied because it typically is used to allow players to be close to family members who are sick, ailing, whatever, and Starkville is closer to his hometown than Oxford. Oh wait, whatís that? His entire family moved to Oxford a few days ago? Nevermind! Waiver approved.

I agree with this for the most part. But at the same time, we donít need all our 4* talent transferring to schools in the same conference and to our rivals. Hopefully he is the last one.
    You have to separate the two.

- Talented players only make you better if they're head is screwed on right. Jones' is not.
    - Thus, our program is better without him. If his head was screwed on right, then yes you'd want him.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

In other words Cohen caved and also bought the Vaseline for Carter and Kiffin to use on him.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Cohen isn’t going to anything....LT2
    im not so sure the ex player in Cohen doesn't come out.... I'm not sure which Keenum will show up...the football player that played JuCo ball with Barney Farrar or the go along to get along politician...but this has to come from the University President
    Last edited by ezsoil; 05-23-2020 at 11:52 AM.

mullen was trying to leave while SS was AD as well, and Mullen was reportedly offered a huge raise to stay, as was Vic. He also has hired two sitting P5 head coaches in football and baseball, does that sound like Templeton? Did he ever do that?

Steve said Cohen was on the phone with Keith Carter at 8am in the morning inquiring about this situation and launching an investigation.

Templeton and Cohen are nothing alike.
    LT never had a coach that other schools wanted.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I'm guessing he will claim he was offended by the noose tweet, and that might actually work to get him a waiver. It would definitely work if he wanted to play for a blue blood program.

Iíll ask this aGAIN, is he even in the transfer portal yet? If not, this is the most blatant case of tampering of all time.

Doubt that, believe it or not, there was a time before the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    Iíll ask this aGAIN, is he even in the transfer portal yet? If not, this is the most blatant case of tampering of all time.
    He entered the portal a few days ago.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Jarrion Jones going to OM. Guess I wonít post exactly what he posted and said. But looks done basically.

Name:  money 33.gif
Views: 3646
Size:  2.08 MB
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

Crap like this is . . . . .

exactly why former coaching staffs did their best to keep potential or committed recruits from visiting Oxford. I doubt JJ had ever been in Oxford until the other day. One quick trip and he gone.

State doesn't have power to deny the waiver, though they can provide info if they think there was tampering or conversely can provide info to support the waiver. Ole miss files a waiver on his behalf citing some sort of special circumstances and the NCAA either approves the waiver or denies it. I don't see how they would accept it. They don't grant waivers just so players can follow their formers coaches, or at least they haven't in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    State doesn't have power to deny the waiver, though they can provide info if they think there was tampering or conversely can provide info to support the waiver. Ole miss files a waiver on his behalf citing some sort of special circumstances and the NCAA either approves the waiver or denies it. I don't see how they would accept it. They don't grant waivers just so players can follow their formers coaches, or at least they haven't in the past.
    Heíll claim Leachís tweet is racist and theyíll let him play next year. Because everyone is a pussy these days and wonít just stand up and say there is nothing racist about the tweet. Waiver denied. Sit a year.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    exactly why former coaching staffs did their best to keep potential or committed recruits from visiting Oxford. I doubt JJ had ever been in Oxford until the other day. One quick trip and he gone.
    Everytime I go there for the Egg Bowl I can't wait to see Oxford in my rear view mirror. I don't like it there and I don't like the people and the way they act.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    Everytime I go there for the Egg Bowl I can't wait to see Oxford in my rear view mirror. I don't like it there and I don't like the people and the way they act.
    It's definitely apples and oranges when comparing Starkville with Oxford.

Charmin Jones.... I guess he will wear #2 at Old Miss...he must not be concerned with going to the NFL....
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 05-23-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgzilla View Post
    LT never had a coach that other schools wanted.
    Nah just JWS. Donít think anyone wanted him**. Oh wait,didnít bama want him?

Quote Originally Posted by the dog is on the loose View Post
    Nah just JWS. Donít think anyone wanted him**. Oh wait,didnít bama want him?
    Not by 1991. He was the hottest coach in football in 1981, but by 91 he was damaged goods, and when we got on probation in 95, no other P5 School would touch him.

I think Hugh Culverhouse had some interest in Jackie coaching the Bucs, but the timing never worked out.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Joe Lee made Jackie look good. It's a few players quitting on the team. We have a new staff, players are not in the program due to weird circumstances. Stop freaking out. He is replaceable. We don't need any bad apples hanging around poisoning the well now do we ? It's a team sport and we will be a better team