Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thunder & Lightning: Jarrian Jones and Why The Egg Bowl Rivalry Will Never Cool

One side will call him a hero, the other side will label him a villain, but all Jarrian Jones did by transferring from Mississippi State to Ole Miss is prove a point. Brian Hadad and Joel Coleman examine his decision and why it shows any hope for a kinder, gentler Egg Bowl is foolish optimism. … Continue reading "Thunder & Lightning: Jarrian Jones and Why The Egg Bowl Rivalry Will Never Cool Off"

More...

Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Why, do all MSU sports personalities always defend the other side and tell us how we shouldn't be upset about something like this. 30 minutes of them telling us why we are losers for getting upset. 17 Jones!!!!!! and the POS's up the road!

19 out of 20 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Why, do all MSU sports personalities always defend the other side and tell us how we shouldn't be upset about something like this. 30 minutes of them telling us why we are losers for getting upset. 17 Jones!!!!!! and the POS's up the road!
    Because Brian and Joel are well adjusted adults who recognize that wishing bad things on a 19 year old kid because they went to a school you hate, but they owe you absolutely nothing, is ridiculous? I would hope and expect the same from Ole Miss personalities. Wishing bad upon the kid accomplishes nothing.

5 out of 22 sixpackers like this post

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Oh, just like Leo Lewis?

Most of the fans of OM who post here, are better than some of our own that do. I think you were one of them.

But, you can shove that self-righteous indignation straight up your ass. Have some self awareness before you spew that shit here.
    Last edited by CochiseCowbell; 05-24-2020 at 07:03 PM.

20 out of 22 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordrebel22 View Post
    .. adults who recognize that wishing bad things on a 19 year old kid because they went to a school you hate...!

I would hope and expect the same from Ole Miss personalities. Wishing bad upon the kid accomplishes nothing.
    !

24 out of 24 sixpackers like this post

Ankle breakers

12 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

"Well adjusted adults..." I've been following SEC sports / fanbases for over 30 years and I've yet to meet a "well adjusted adult", hell I wouldn't even classify myself as one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200524_195926.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	16261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200524-195836_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	16262

15 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    This. I donít know why the podcast guys feel the need to preach to the fanbase. Sportswriters and podcasters calling people losers is pretty rich.

7 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    !
    That picture says all that needs to be said.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Bunch of self Entitled pricks. Go kick rocks and pound sand Johnny Reb. Nafoom would better suit you!

Quote Originally Posted by CochiseCowbell View Post
    Oh, just like Leo Lewis?

Most of the fans of OM who post here, are better than some of our own that do. I think you were one of them.

But, you can shove that self-righteous indignation straight up your ass. Have some self awareness before you spew that shit here.
    Honestly, this is fair, and I apologize if it came across that way. But, In all sincerity, the majority of fans on both sides need to get a damn grip. This stuff is truly not that serious..

With that said, I get why this sucks. I would be frustrated, too. But Iíve seen fans wish eternal damnation on the kid. And this isnít a State thing. OM fans are just as bad. The point of my post was that do we truly want media personalities representing our fanbases out bashing a 19 year old kid making a questionable (and it is questionable, no doubt) decision? What do they want Brian or Joel to say?

As for the rest of people posting the Fitzgerald pics, etc. 1) I never made any light of that, whatsoever; it was a horrific injury and it made me sick the instant it happened; 2) I truly donít think there was ever intent to harm him, but Iím also every bit as biased as you are, and this is your board, so I wonít even attempt to argue it; plus, nobodyís ever won an argument on the internet, anyways, haha. 3) I think Leo Lewis was completely taken advantage of by more than one school, Ole Miss being one of them; he was put in an impossible situation

Iím prattling on at this point, but, I truly do think you should all be proud to have guys who represent MSU the way Joel anf Brian do. And be thankful they donít react as irrationally as a lot of us do.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I truly donít think there was ever intent to harm him,
    Then why did they make the same exact attempt on Keyton later in the game? The plays were carbon copies of each other.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Nah. They are trying to tamper down the fan base. To avoid a great divide between fans and players. Also to save face with OM. Acting like we don't care type thing.
    Also to prep State fans for When nothing comes of it and he plays at OM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockKickinSandPoundinSOB View Post
    This. I donít know why the podcast guys feel the need to preach to the fanbase. Sportswriters and podcasters calling people losers is pretty rich.
    because they are "media" and smarter than you.************

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

; 2) I truly donít think there was ever intent to harm him, but Iím also every bit as biased as you are, and this is your board, so I wonít even attempt to argue it.
    You canít. Do you want to see the film of previous failed attempts to injure him from earlier in the game?

Donít be a dumbass.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    Then why did they make the same exact attempt on Keyton later in the game? The plays were carbon copies of each other.
    I donít know, man. I said I wasnít going to argue it, but do you think itís possible that maybe if you broke down every tackle frame by frame in any football game 2-3 of them might look ďdirtyĒ? It just so happened that your starting QB got hurt in this particular one, against your hated rival, and it caused the better team to lose. I get that it sucks, but for someone make that some wide sweeping statement about Ole Miss and itís fanbase seems pretty ridiculous to me.

But, with that said, even if it was intentional (it was not), that coach is gone, those players are gone, and while it would be a terrible footnote in Ole Miss history, it still doesnít make me ďan entitled prickĒ and some of the other nonsense people are spewing on this. It goes back to my original ďneeding to be a well adjusted, rational adultĒ comment to start the thread. This crap has gotten insane. And, believe me, I have and will say the same to Ole Miss fans.

I feel like a large portion of each side automatically assumes the worst about the other because of their T-shirt, and itís pretty ridiculous.

0 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

You canít. Do you want to see the film of previous failed attempts to injure him from earlier in the game?

Donít be a dumbass.
    Watch the attemps on KT.

It was absolutely intentional and everyone not wearing blue and gay glasses would agree.
    Last edited by Lettuce; 05-24-2020 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Not editing this..snicker..nothing wrong with it... but it was suppose to say “gray”

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

The thing is if he just wanted to go there on his own that's fine. But the issue I have is it seems highly likely that there was some tampering going on here. That makes it very different for me. And I think that this is why there is such discord between the two rivals. If Ole Miss did things on the up and up I don't think there would be nearly as much toxic feelings here.

And it's not just this. It's the Fitz injury. The paying of players during the Freeze era. The way they treated Leo Lewis when they were the ones that got caught paying him.

And then they try to rub it in our face. And that's why stuff like the Piss and Miss is so glorious when it happens to them.

I think MSU fans are also frustrated because a lot of times this stuff happens and MSU's response is "oh well nothing we can do" and when that happens some MSU fans take their frustrations out on social media or whatever.

13 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

I don’t know, man. I said I wasn’t going to argue it, but do you think it’s possible that maybe if you broke down every tackle frame by frame in any football game 2-3 of them might look “dirty”? It just so happened that your starting QB got hurt in this particular one, against your hated rival, and it caused the better team to lose. I get that it sucks, but for someone make that some wide sweeping statement about Ole Miss and it’s fanbase seems pretty ridiculous to me.

But, with that said, even if it was intentional (it was not), that coach is gone, those players are gone, and while it would be a terrible footnote in Ole Miss history, it still doesn’t make me “an entitled prick” and some of the other nonsense people are spewing on this. It goes back to my original “needing to be a well adjusted, rational adult” comment to start the thread. This crap has gotten insane. And, believe me, I have and will say the same to Ole Miss fans.

I feel like a large portion of each side automatically assumes the worst about the other because of their T-shirt, and it’s pretty ridiculous.
    When a women leaves her husband to marry another man she's probably going to leave that other man as well. You can have the bitch you ass hole. You can pull your hair out watching him get his ass beat every other play.
    Last edited by GloryDawg; 05-24-2020 at 10:20 PM.

And I wasnít making an accusation towards you, I figure it disgusted a lot of fans, but when you see 2-4 attempts on QBs ankles it is mandated by someone

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    When You can have the bitch you ass hole. You can pull your hair out watching him get his ass beat every other play.

Well said

They hated Dan. As they should. He kept CJS spirit alive...with his wit and wins....they couldnít stand it...knowing we hired a hell of a coach.

OM has been scrambling since Nutts last year....Have tried just about every means necessary to catch up with MSU. Cutting the corner has become the regular. The latest bullshit is nothing different.

The foundation Mullen laid was able to beat them two years in a row with....a a run away train.

Well, bad news mother 17ers. We have a new captain of the ship.....and if you silly bastards want to think heís just floating around, dead on the water...Iíve got terrible news for you...

They hated Dan. As they should. He kept CJS spirit alive...with his wit and wins....they couldnít stand it...knowing we hired a hell of a coach.

OM has been scrambling since Nutts last year....Have tried just about every means necessary to catch up with MSU. Cutting the corner has become the regular. The latest bullshit is nothing different.

The foundation Mullen laid was able to beat them two years in a row with....a a run away train.

Well, bad news mother 17ers. We have a new captain of the ship.....and if you silly bastards want to think heís just floating around, dead on the water...Iíve got terrible news for you...
    You're right. But to me it's odd to handle it the way that they have in the past.

What I'm saying is for example when they hired Bianco in baseball he made them better and he is a good baseball coach. And at certain points during his tenure they were ahead of us in baseball. Was our reaction to start paying off baseball players, throwing at their best players heads in an attempt to take them out of the game, or tamper with their players to get them to go to MSU? No. We hired a good coach ourselves and we rebuilt our baseball program into something even better- and that in turn elevated MSU baseball into something better in the long run which we are now reaping the benefits from. THAT'S how you're supposed to handle someone challenging you. And I'm very proud of how MSU handled that situation plus we don't have to worry about our Omaha trips being tainted.

Maybe it's just how I'm wired.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You're right. But to me it's odd to handle it the way that they have in the past.

What I'm saying is for example when they hired Bianco in baseball he made them better and he is a good baseball coach. And at certain points during his tenure they were ahead of us in baseball. Was our reaction to start paying off baseball players, throwing at their best players heads in an attempt to take them out of the game, or tamper with their players to get them to go to MSU? No. We hired a good coach ourselves and we rebuilt our baseball program into something even better- and that in turn elevated MSU baseball into something better in the long run which we are now reaping the benefits from. THAT'S how you're supposed to handle someone challenging you. And I'm very proud of how MSU handled that situation plus we don't have to worry about our Omaha trips being tainted.

Itís been a embarrassing last 10 years for OM. The fact that the sheep were forced to celebrate the poaching of two depth shart players from MSU...I guess making up for a disastrous signing day....shows you just how far that program has plummeted..

Low hanging fruit taste good but everyone knows that their seeds donít plant.

Have you not heard the Toxicity rant?

U lost me at ďFitz injury wasnít intentional.Ē My OM friends that have a clue say it was intentional. It was also the moment I knew Dan was gone. Fat Dan, early Dan, GAF Dan, whatever you want to call it Dan would have charged Luke like a bull at any other point in his tenure if he GAF.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

The infamous Todd4State

I truly donít think there was ever intent to harm him

C'mon man.

Based on the posts I've seen, you are a reasonable person . . . but I don't see how a reasonable person can watch that game, and that play, and say that Breeland Speaks did not intend to hurt Nick Fitzgerald.

Don't bother trying to argue any point regarding this.

Instead, do this:
    I wonít even attempt to argue it
    and don't ever bring it up again . . . at least not here.

Quote Originally Posted by HD6 View Post
    One side will call him a hero, the other side will label him a villain, but all Jarrian Jones did by transferring from Mississippi State to Ole Miss is prove a point. Brian Hadad and Joel Coleman examine his decision and why it shows any hope for a kinder, gentler Egg Bowl is foolish optimism. Ö Continue reading "Thunder & Lightning: Jarrian Jones and Why The Egg Bowl Rivalry Will Never Cool Off"

More...
    If any player on our football team - including Fabian Lovett and Jarrian Jones - doesn't want to be at Mississippi State and isn't 100% committed to making our team better, then that player should go elsewhere.

Otherwise, that player may become a cancer on the team . . . and that's not good.

I don't think we'll miss any of the players that have recently left our football team.

I don't wish Jarrian well . . . and I don't wish bad things upon him either . . . I'm just glad we'll get at least one opportunity to play/beat him in football.

it still doesnít make me ďan entitled prickĒ and some of the other nonsense people are spewing on this.
    We have some posters here that act like they're in 6th grade (maybe they are) and call people names.

Ignore them.

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    C'mon man.

Based on the posts I've seen, you are a reasonable person . . . but I don't see how a reasonable person can watch that game, and that play, and say that Breeland Speaks did not intend to hurt Nick Fitzgerald.

Don't bother trying to argue any point regarding this.

Instead, do this:

and don't ever bring it up again . . . at least not here.
    Cool. This is good advice. But, to be clear, I didnít bring it up.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

We have some posters here that act like they're in 6th grade (maybe they are) and call people names.

Ignore them.
    Theyíre on every teamís board. I truly hope itís not reflective of society. And I donít think it.. by nature people that spend time on message boards are going to be more wrapped up in their teams athletics, and therefore more ďfanĒatical. Itís just all the 6th grade jabs and name calling is cringey. Itís like ďMoo UĒ crap on OM boards. Itís SOOO stupid.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

The thing is if he just wanted to go there on his own that's fine. But the issue I have is it seems highly likely that there was some tampering going on here. That makes it very different for me. And I think that this is why there is such discord between the two rivals. If Ole Miss did things on the up and up I don't think there would be nearly as much toxic feelings here.

And it's not just this. It's the Fitz injury. The paying of players during the Freeze era. The way they treated Leo Lewis when they were the ones that got caught paying him.

And then they try to rub it in our face. And that's why stuff like the Piss and Miss is so glorious when it happens to them.

I think MSU fans are also frustrated because a lot of times this stuff happens and MSU's response is "oh well nothing we can do" and when that happens some MSU fans take their frustrations out on social media or whatever.
    I get all this. But, the Lewis deal is much deeper than that, and I can tell you are rational, so you know that. But, this whole moral high ground argument is pretty dumb for either school. And I donít know who ďtried to rub it in your faceĒ, but Ole Miss was just trying to do exactly what youíre saying you want your administration to do, and thatís defend themselves. They had players from their hated in-state rival saying whatever they wanted to say about them, with immunity.. which, like Iíve already said, was an unfair, impossible situation for Leo Lewis to be put in. By Ole Miss. By the NCAA. And by State.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Because Brian and Joel are well adjusted adults who recognize that wishing bad things on a 19 year old kid because they went to a school you hate, but they owe you absolutely nothing, is ridiculous? I would hope and expect the same from Ole Miss personalities. Wishing bad upon the kid accomplishes nothing.

Name:  sigh 1.gif
Views: 1443
Size:  579.6 KB
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

Damn, I hadnít listened to it yet...is it that bad?

Twitter
    @stephenedavis

Name:  win!.gif
Views: 1443
Size:  1,000.4 KB
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

I get all this. But, the Lewis deal is much deeper than that, and I can tell you are rational, so you know that. But, this whole moral high ground argument is pretty dumb for either school. And I donít know who ďtried to rub it in your faceĒ, but Ole Miss was just trying to do exactly what youíre saying you want your administration to do, and thatís defend themselves.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

If any player on our football team - including Fabian Lovett and Jarrian Jones - doesn't want to be at Mississippi State and isn't 100% committed to making our team better, then that player should go elsewhere.

Otherwise, that player may become a cancer on the team . . . and that's not good.

I don't think we'll miss any of the players that have recently left our football team.

I don't wish Jarrian well . . . and I don't wish bad things upon him either . . . I'm just glad we'll get at least one opportunity to play/beat him in football.
    Has anyone really considered what has to be going on in a players head to actually transfer from MSU to Ole Miss? The guy really must not have been happy here, or he was tampered with. Either of those mixed in with a coach who is much harder than the one he committed to.

This sort of proves that Moorhead was a pretty damn good recruiter. We signed some guys that Mullen probably wouldn't have. It also shows that maybe Mullen's approach wasn't too bad.

All that said - that explains Fabian Lovett, I don't think he wanted to be here, and there may be some more like that. But it doesn't explain Jarrian Jones. His situation is more like C.J. Johnson to me - just blatant tampering, paid off, whatever you want to call it. These situation never really work out the way you want them to.

And it happens sometimes for us, but not nearly as frequently, as we don't play that game to the level they do. But the Leo Lewis deal does happen from time to time.

In true Ole Miss fashion, I do expect them to take it and little far and screw up. They could probably stop right now and get away with it. But they'll keep coming after our guys and eventually do something dumb that they can't cover up (think Laremy Tunsil from their previous investigation, when they already had a top 10 class).

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post