O.T.: Michigan AD says no football without Students back on campus

He doesnít think there will be College football this fall. The story also says Michigan is not one of the schools planning to allow Student Athletes back on campus for workouts on June 8.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    He doesnít think there will be College football this fall. The story also says Michigan is not one of the schools planning to allow Student Athletes back on campus for workouts on June 8.
    Is he influenced by the overbearing governor of Michigan?

4 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

They wonít get beat by Ohio State this year!

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    If you donít have students on campus then I donít see how you could have college football players on campus. Itís pretty cut and dry.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Another puss.

4 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg1976 View Post
    Another puss.

Well she is a woman.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    If you donít have students on campus then I donít see how you could have college football players on campus. Itís pretty cut and dry.
    I agree with this but I also think college football can happen without Michigan (and the public California schools if they choose not to play).

It doesn't matter what the Michigan AD wants or says.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    I agree.

It probably can, but I think youíre looking at some really tough decisions among:

Michigan
    Michigan State
    Illinois
    Northwestern
    Syracuse
    Rutgers
    Washington
    Washington State
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    UCLA
    USC
    Cal
    Stanford

The next group of Penn State, Pitt, UConn, Arizona and Arizona State probably more likely to play, but still in wait and see mode.

If you are under 50 and healthy, the Flu is deadlier than Covid.... if you are over 50 and not healthy, the percentages of death increase with Covid over the Flu...

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

I believe it was Michiganís president, not the AD.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...us/5252621002/

Interestingly, heís also an immunologist.

This and NIL are about to change college sports forever. I think we were already at a big turning point anyway, with CTE, pay-for-play, the cost of attending vs. TV for fans, transfer portal, SEC vs. everyone else, D1 splits, etc. I wish I knew the answer so I could invest somehow, or just prepare my mind. Seems to me like we are creating an NFL farm system.

It seems that a big faction of the country is willing to just sit at home in front of the TV now. I think this may change college itself forever. I don't like the direction of it all but I also don't have a choice. And as more kids are bought and sold, and transfers more prevalent, I think fans will care much less about winning and losing and the tribalism will decrease. Less kids will be on campus because most all classes themselves can be taught online, less school spirit, etc.

One thing that will not change - ever. Face to face contact, whether it's a business meeting/sporting event/college laboratory, will NEVER be truly replaced by a digital interface. We may try, but it'll never fully replace it. That's the one thing that may hold this house of cards together.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Zero effect on SEC. They are trying to find a way to keep from getting their ass kicked by OSU again.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

aGAIN, there will be riots if there is no college football this fall. You can shut down ďnon essentialĒ businesses, close churches, and collapse the economy, but if there is no college football, there will be riots.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Does Michigan have any 5 star DBís or WRís that want to play in the SEC?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

This is it. Itís finally going to be OUR year!