Number crunching Covid Style

Had a few spare minutes and was curious about how the numbers broke down by county. So I took the latest numbers hot of the MDH website and compared them to the latest available county census numbers.

The average infection rate by county is 0.55%.
    The average death rate by county is 0.03%.
    The county with the highest infection rate is Scott county at 2.08%.
    The county with the highest death rate is Holmes county at 0.13%.

Obvioulsy, this does not include the number of people that had it and were never tested due to just not bothering with it or being asymptomatic and never knowing it, but I just wanted to look a little deeper beyond Hinds being reported as having 898 cases or Oktibbeha having 139 cases.

I don't present these taking the side of open it all back up now or the side of we need go back to lockdown mode. I was just curious and crunched the numbers. I report. You decide.

Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Is that Covid style??

I thought Covid style was supposed to support the statements: "everyone's gonna die", "hydroxy don't work", and "everything is Trump's fault and he's an idiot".

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Shutting down Scott county would be bold considering the amount of chicken processed there.

CDC is estimating an additional 35% of cases are non symptomatic....

As of a couple of days ago the total number of cases in Mississippi was equal to the total population of Amite County.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar

It could be worse...

it could be Gangnam Style

Name:  44DBE4FA-54E5-46CE-B4FB-877BD0DAD2EE.gif
Views: 250
Size:  152.6 KB

Makes sense. Scott county leads the state in chicken plants so the highest cases per capita makes sense.