Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Texas Mask Mandate

Governor just mandated masks for all counties with 20 or more cases. Must be worn in public spaces.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/02/...d-coronavirus/
    Last edited by JoeLee'sSocks; 07-02-2020 at 03:30 PM.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Substitute for shutdown order.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Iíll take it and I hope for it.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Itís better than a shutdown order

Abbott has been a first class buffoon during most of this....

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    Governor just mandated masks for all counties with 20 or more cases. Must be worn in public spaces.

....but this is a great move.

Hopefully heíll change his ďwide openĒ stance on public schools in the fall.... no masks, no checking for symptoms..... what in the ever living 17?

5 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

I will be interested in how seriously people take it. I expect infection rates to start falling in a few weeks.

Here are the details.

Exceptions to the order

Children under the age of 10

Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering

Any person consuming food or drink or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink

Any person that is exercising or engaging in physical activities outdoors or is maintaining safe social distancing from people who are not part of their household

Any person who is driving alone or with passengers who are in the same household as the driver

Any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the covering during security surveillance, screening or need for specific access to the face (like while visiting a bank or obtaining personal care involving the face).

Any person in a pool, lake or similar body of water

Any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher or actively administering an election (but wearing a mask is strongly encouraged)

Any person who is actively providing access to religious worship (but wearing a mask is strongly encouraged)

Any person while the person is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience

Any person who meets the criteria laid out by the Texas Division of Emergency Management regarding minimal cases of COVID-19 and whose county judge has opted out of the face-covering requirement (but wearing a mask is strongly encouraged)

Verbal warning for first offense. $250 each subsequent.

So just carry a bag of chips wherever you go. But seriously this is a good step. A few well publicized citations will do wonders

I don't understand the voting worker exception. Those workers are subject to being in contact with hundreds of people on an election day.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Does anyone have any knowledge how the "underlying medical condition" works. I've heard that if you fall under this category they are not allowed to ask you what that condition is? Or is there a new policy like a handicap card that you will carry to show your condition? Sounds like many can simply use this as their out unless there is something more concrete to give it validity.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't understand the voting worker exception. Those workers are subject to being in contact with hundreds of people on an election day.
    Because there will be asshats who argue that the mask wearing requirement amounts to voter suppression, voter intimidation, etc.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by msdawg90 View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge how the "underlying medical condition" works. I've heard that if you fall under this category they are not allowed to ask you what that condition is? Or is there a new policy like a handicap card that you will carry to show your condition? Sounds like many can simply use this as their out unless there is something more concrete to give it validity.
    Iím sure there are going to be lots of people who suddenly have pre-existing conditions that donít allow them to wear a mask. I do wonder exactly what that would be. Seems to me if you have a condition where you canít wear a mask, you should definitely not want to get covid.

Throwing a Hail Mary to salvage football season

Too little too late. Better start planning for early 2021. Football isn't happening with Texas, California, and Florida having poor numbers.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Here's the problems'
    1. What type of mask? Is wearing underwear on my head ok? Will a bandana work? The CDC has done studies and has found just covering you face don't work. The mask that work should not be touched while wearing and you should only wear once.
    2. Yeah get those Texas counties to enforce it. Texas is a different place.

0 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    Substitute for shutdown order.
    Exactly. If it isn't followed, that is exactly what will happen.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    Iím sure there are going to be lots of people who suddenly have pre-existing conditions that donít allow them to wear a mask. I do wonder exactly what that would be. Seems to me if you have a condition where you canít wear a mask, you should definitely not want to get covid.
    There aren't many, and they are extremely uncommon. I saw the real list the other day, but can't find it now.

The Corona Bro
    Tate needs to do this yesterday. It's getting out of hand here.

4 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    Itís better than a shutdown order
    Absolutely.

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by msdawg90 View Post
    They are absolutely allowed to ask. There is no card. You have seen that BS post on Facebook.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Then you simply say I have asthma and game over.

Which is so wierd bc i would argue having them not wear masks will supress far more voters

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    Here's the problems'
    1. What type of mask? Is wearing underwear on my head ok? Will a bandana work? The CDC has done studies and has found just covering you face don't work. The mask that work should not be touched while wearing and you should only wear once.
    2. Yeah get those Texas counties to enforce it. Texas is a different place.
    I need a link for those "CDC studies that say face coverings don't work" My search only found that the CDC says faberic face coverings reduce the spread....

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html
    Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
    The cloth face coverings recommended here are not surgical masks or respirators.

CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings when around people outside of their household.
    Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
    Simple cloth face coverings can be made at home and may help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Cloth face coverings should be washed after each use.
    You can include your face covering with your regular laundry.

It is important to always
    remove face coverings correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used face covering.

Last edited by SheltonChoked; 07-03-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Youíre correct. The CDC does not typically do these types of studies, it would be NIH or NIH funded if from the govt.

If someone follows the link you provided, clicks on about cloth face coverings, about halfway down there is a link to the recent studies CDC is referencing to set their current policy for face masks.

Something needs to happen soon. It needs to burn through the population, or people start wearing masks and distance. Iím borderline closing down. Another shut down and Iím done.

Quote Originally Posted by PBRME View Post
    Something needs to happen soon. It needs to burn through the population, or people start wearing masks and distance. Iím borderline closing down. Another shut down and Iím done.
    This is a really sad truth. While lockdowns are the worst scenario, they are not the only damage to the economy. The fear of the virus alone has and will keep many people at home. The best thing would be to have everyone wear masks and get tested weekly.... Obviously not feasible, but it's the only way I know to calm the fear.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	16705
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by L4Dawg View Post
    They are absolutely allowed to ask. There is no card. You have seen that BS post on Facebook.

I live in Virginia, and we have an Executive Order in effect that is very similar to the one in Texas.

The Virginia order explicitly says, "Any person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition."

I'm no expert, but it would be my guess that a person in Texas having such a medical condition could legitimately refuse to divulge any info beyond the fact that he/she does have a medical condition that prevents him/her from wearing a mask.

An individual's medical info is fairly well-protected under the law (e.g., HIPAA).

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post

Bandaids don't fix bullet holes, but they can help slow bleeding.
    Masks don't 100% stop transmission of covid, but they can help slow the spread.

It would be absurd to suggest that something should only be used if it fully fixes the problem.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Bandaids don't fix bullet holes, but they can help slow bleeding.
    Masks don't 100% stop transmission of covid, but they can help slow the spread.

It would be absurd to suggest that something should only be used if it fully fixes the problem.

Would wearing a full hazmat suit help to slow the spread even more than wearing a mask? If so, then why don't we require full hazmat suits?

My point is this: which safety precautions are reasonable? That's what the debate is about.

In my opinion, requiring people to wear a mask is unreasonable.

Clearly, based upon all the bitching and moaning by mask-wearers, lots of people agree with me and choose not to wear a mask.

5 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

Name:	EcDglLbX0AEERgw.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	16720

6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    Would wearing a full hazmat suit help to slow the spread even more than wearing a mask? If so, then why don't we require full hazmat suits?

My point is this: which safety precautions are reasonable? That's what the debate is about.

Clearly, based upon all the bitching and moaning by mask-wearers, lots of people agree with me and choose not to wear a mask.
    I'm not sure where the line is between what is and isn't reasonable.

I responded to that picture because the message is stupid. Its absurd to take the position that unless something can work 100%, it isnt worth doing.

As for masks, I dont like wearing one, but do when its advisable and it just isnt difficult to do it. I went with my oldest kid to buy shoes yesterday and we spent 45min in a small running shop getting her set up with good shoes. We had to wear masks because the store requires it. It was quite simple and successful. I cant imagine how anyone could go thru that event and declare it to be unreasonable.

School kids will wear masks. School kids. School kids are able to do it, but its unreasonable for an adult? Come on.
    Last edited by mstateglfr; 07-04-2020 at 03:05 PM.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

The City of Starkville will most likely adopt a mask mandate at the Board of Aldermen meeting on Tuesday. MSU has already issued a mask mandate for all on-campus buildings, and that is going to continue when fall classes start back.

I think the line is, don't go into situations where you're going to be within 6 feet of anyone for any length of time (a few minutes). If you have to, wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    The City of Starkville will most likely adopt a mask mandate at the Board of Aldermen meeting on Tuesday. MSU has already issued a mask mandate for all on-campus buildings, and that is going to continue when fall classes start back.
    Starkville mayor and alderman arenít qualified to run a Dollar General...

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Pat, you're a reasonable guy

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I think the line is, don't go into situations where you're going to be within 6 feet of anyone for any length of time (a few minutes). If you have to, wear a mask.
    What you stated is practical and easy to execute. Why are so many folks emotional about it and resistant to using that logic? It really is mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Well yeah, I would say this is quite reasonable.
    Dog12 appears to think that even wearing a mask at all is unreasonable.
    And ibleedmaroon seems to equate wearing a mask with something that doesn't fully fix an issue and therefore it shouldnt be done.

The Corona Bro
    I live in Virginia, and we have an Executive Order in effect that is very similar to the one in Texas.

The Virginia order explicitly says, "Any person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition."

I'm no expert, but it would be my guess that a person in Texas having such a medical condition could legitimately refuse to divulge any info beyond the fact that he/she does have a medical condition that prevents him/her from wearing a mask.

An individual's medical info is fairly well-protected under the law (e.g., HIPAA).
    The thing is there really isn't any medical condition that would prevent you from wearing a mask. There really isn't. There are a few that have advocates that claim that status, but oxymeters don't lie.

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post

But in absence of a real fix, which is where we ar right now with COVID, a bandaid would be better than nothing. Sometimes just slowing the blood flow a bit is all that is needed for a clot to form.

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

The Corona Bro

So you are equating a 50 cent mask with a full hazmat suite? That's just stupid, plain out old dumbass stupid.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Texas! What a bunch of snowflake liberals.

nt