Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Italian study where they researched 65,000 people who were on hydroxychloroq

for RA or Lupus is the study that the media will not report. 20 people tested positive for Covid out of 65,000....a 90 percent reduction in infection rate over the mainstream population.
    https://eraoflight.com/2020/05/01/it...xychloroquine/

Sorry to start a new thread but this is relevant to the discussion and I can't believe the media keeps quiet on helpful info that could save many lives. People have been taking hq safely for 50 years. Now all of a sudden it is deemed too dangerous to take. It makes no sense.

14 out of 14 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Orange man bad!

12 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

**The Clinton Foundation & The Gates Foundation are burying the study**

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

plaquenil therapy can lead to permanent vision loss

Quote Originally Posted by rebsgoingdown View Post
    for RA or Lupus is the study that the media will not report. 20 people tested positive for Covid out of 65,000....a 90 percent reduction in infection rate over the mainstream population.

Sorry to start a new thread but this is relevant to the discussion and I can't believe the media keeps quiet on helpful info that could save many lives. People have been taking hq safely for 50 years. Now all of a sudden it is deemed too dangerous to take. It makes no sense.
    but that typical takes years of use. benefits vs COVID outweigh that risk IMO.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Can you provide a link?

The Italian study you're referencing may be legit, but none of links in your link point me to the actual study. I agree that there was probably some bias in some of the MSM looking for ways to make Trump wrong in regards to hydroxychloroquine. But I'm equally sure that there's bias from the right-wing media in finding evidence that he's right. What you're linking here is not what I would consider trustworthy. Plus, it's over 2 1/2 months old.

EDIT: sorry, just saw the other thread.
    Last edited by 3407Dewey; 07-03-2020 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Just saw the other thread.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

As i have stated before.......the left lied, people died.

It was/is obvious the anti-Trumpers were more interested in bashing Trump than people's lives.

When the early bogus reports of plaqunil not working and bogus reports of plaquenil being dangerous came out one would thought the left has discovered slice bread-there were some even on this board the went epileptic.... with glee. (People are going to die because of Trump etc. etc...BS...BS...y'all know the crap they spewed)

15 out of 27 sixpackers like this post

The FDA safety review that caused the EUA to be withdrawn with links to a PDF of the report is here.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I saw the Prez on the news earlier today. For the past few weeks, his hair (rug?) has been almost white. This time, the orange has retured in full force. I didn't know orange hair color was sold. I guess it looks better than Saban's green though ....

0 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

At least two of us here took you seriously enough to follow your links. All we found was a 2 month old webpage with a dead link that was in Italian, but was definitely not a study. Take the time to check out what you post.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Years from now there will be highly effective treatments and a vaccine and these idiots will still pop these pills like candy to own the libtards instead of just following the science. Eventually they will just Darwin their way out as the Boomer Remover does itís thing.

There is no conspiracy. The left isnít coming for you or your guns. There is no ďdeep stateĒ. Step away from twitter and go for a walk. Maybe call your mom and catch up.

11 out of 31 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by idog View Post
    but that typical takes years of use. benefits vs COVID outweigh that risk IMO.
    Takes enough plaquenil pills to fill the volume of the biggest Yeti cooler plus a 60 quart Coleman before you need worry about macular toxicity.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

You forgot to say the Left isn't coming for your statues.

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Itís sad that some hate him so much that they would kill us for it

8 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Years from now there will be highly effective treatments and a vaccine and these idiots will still pop these pills like candy to own the libtards instead of just following the science. Eventually they will just Darwin their way out as the Boomer Remover does itís thing.

There is no conspiracy. The left isnít coming for you or your guns. There is no ďdeep stateĒ. Step away from twitter and go for a walk. Maybe call your mom and catch up.
    Following the "science" huh? Do you know how "science" comes about? By "scientists" arguing about the hypotheses, tests, results, and conclusions of whatever they're studying.

Hydroxy doesn't fit Fauci's agenda .. and he has one. Believe it or not, "scientists" themselves can have agendas.

8 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

It's important for people to look past the politics and understand that these trials would not be happening if there was no basis to believe the drug might work. On the other hand, its extremely irresponsible to tout a drug before its been determined to be effective.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Yeager View Post
    Following the "science" huh? Do you know how "science" comes about? By "scientists" arguing about the hypotheses, tests, results, and conclusions of whatever they're studying.

Hydroxy doesn't fit Fauci's agenda .. and he has one. Believe it or not, "scientists" themselves can have agendas.
    If Fauci really is an evil mass murderer, what does that say about the president who enables him by keeping him in that position of power?

I could understand an anti-Trump person thinking the worst about him, but it seems pretty clear that the more highly someone thinks of Trump, the worse they think of Fauci.

6 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

This is my argument. Not on whether it works for sure or doesnít work for sure.

No one has touted it as a miracle cure. Not anyone that matters anyway.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

First of all, the real Chuck Yeager was a badass.
    Second, let me see if I'm following you here. Dr. Fauci and others who haven't enthusiastically supported the use of hydroxychloroquine would rather watch tens of thousands of American die rather than promote a safe and effective and cheap cure - all to own Trump? Is that right? That's quite an accusation.

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

You realize Fauci has absolutely no authority or control over FDA drug review or the fact the FDA pulled this drugís EUA, right?

The FDA is part of the executive branch, led by presidential appointees. In that scenario, do you think it makes sense that the review panel ignored the data, that their bosses could see, and made some agenda based decision?

8 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 3407Dewey View Post
    First of all, the real Chuck Yeager was a badass.
    Second, let me see if I'm following you here. Dr. Fauci and others who haven't enthusiastically supported the use of hydroxychloroquine would rather watch tens of thousands of American die rather than promote a safe and effective and cheap cure - all to own Trump? Is that right? That's quite an accusation.
    Yes ... Yeager was a badass. I never claimed to be a badass, I just have a great deal of respect for Yeager.

I just said hydroxy doesn't fit Fauci's agenda. Alternating current didn't fit Edison's either. And I said scientists can have agendas and there have been numerous times where when there is a lot of $$ involved folks haven't been too concerned with how harmful something is. Did I accuse Fauci of that ... not that I recall. I said hydroxy didn't fit his agenda. We'll see where this goes in the future sometime ... maybe.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Naw uh uh. That ainít right **

Yes ... Yeager was a badass. I never claimed to be a badass, I just have a great deal of respect for Yeager.

I just said hydroxy doesn't fit Fauci's agenda. Alternating current didn't fit Edison's either. And I said scientists can have agendas and there have been numerous times where when there is a lot of $$ involved folks haven't been too concerned with how harmful something is. Did I accuse Fauci of that ... not that I recall. I said hydroxy didn't fit his agenda. We'll see where this goes in the future sometime ... maybe.
    So if that's true, what does that say about Trump for keeping Fauci employed?

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    The Russians are behind this! You just can't trust those Ruskies!!!!!!!

Name:  Unknown.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  13.9 KB
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    The political scorekeeping on this is just par for the course. I cringed when Trump started touting it as a miracle because it was going to accelerate the attention on the drug. It may work and it may not, further studies like these reveal the truth. IDGAF who touts a drug. Letís hope thereís a potential treatment that comes out of it.

Blue check marks so gotta be reliable!

I hope these studies are real.

The beauty of our system is the drug companies can provide data (I.e. change dosing, formulation, change target patients, etc.) and essentially apply again. The just need to show itís effective and address the safety concerns. If they can prove the cost/benefit with their version of the drug, then it could get approved.

This is such a unique situation. There are rarely this many companies with this many studies and this much publicity involved.

All I can gather is the first study, as presented, appeared to have some issues. Maybe slight changes engender up with a safer drug and approval in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post

Let me tell you a true story. Years ago when I was in my Medical training, the accepted cause of peptic ulcer disease was stress, spicy food, and an increased amount of stomach acid. There were drugs such as H2 blockers, and surgical procedures such as Bilroth I and II. In 1982, an Australian doctor named Barry Marshall theorized that infection caused by a bacterium named Helicobacter pyorli caused peptic ulcer disease. He fought with the medical establishment for years because everyone already KNEW what caused peptic ulcer disease. He even drank a cocktail of H. pylori to give himself gastritis to prove his theory. After much research, he was proven correct. In 2005 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine.

Does Hydroxychlorquine work in treating Covid? I don't know. And you damn sure don't know, either.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    Takes enough plaquenil pills to fill the volume of the biggest Yeti cooler plus a 60 quart Coleman before you need worry about macular toxicity.
    maculopathy has been documented as early as three months after beginning therapy so I disagree. Statistics are on the side of your suggestion but to no worry is foolish. That’s with typical BID dosing. I have yet to read the studies to see if the dosing is any different.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by QuaoarsKing View Post
    So if that's true, what does that say about Trump for keeping Fauci employed?
    Maybe trump is doing him a favor so he can retire with dignity. He certainly is sitting on the back row now. My guess is heís on a short leash - one more step out of line then heís canned.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic_Objurgator View Post
    Maybe trump is doing him a favor so he can retire with dignity. He certainly is sitting on the back row now. My guess is he’s on a short leash - one more step out of line then he’s canned.
    So he's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans due to his greed and political hatred of Trump ... but Trump is going to give him one more chance and let him "retire with dignity" ?

I just can't see a believable narrative in this.

3 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

I gave it to every patient I saw with COVID when this first started. A lot of them died right in front of me. That is a retrospective study that has a lot of flaws and there is no way I am restarting using plaqenil based on it.

I can assure you that those of us taking care of those dying of this could give two shits about the political ramifications of what drug to give. I just want to have something to give that will actually help. Making everything from masks to medicines to hospital numbers a political battle is the most insane thing I have ever seen.

Edited to say that I donít think the plaquenil killed them, they died of COVID
    Last edited by HailStout; 07-03-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Misspelling

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by QuaoarsKing View Post
    So he's directly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans due to his greed and political hatred of Trump ... but Trump is going to give him one more chance and let him "retire with dignity" ?

I just can't see a believable narrative in this.
    Put down your Sjw manual for a few minutes- heís the one responsible for crashing the world economy and as some talking heads have hypothesized exacerbating the race riots

You sad that the recent study shows plaquenil with a very significant increase in survival Rates.

Why are you are more against Trump than for people living?

Quote Originally Posted by HailStout View Post
    Making everything from masks to medicines to hospital numbers a political battle is the most insane thing I have ever seen.
    Yeeeup

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic_Objurgator View Post
    Put down your Sjw manual for a few minutes- he’s the one responsible for crashing the world economy and as some talking heads have hypothesized exacerbating the race riots
    Again, why would Trump keep him on if that's true?

ANYTHING negative that's true about Fauci means that Trump enabled it. ANY criticism of Fauci is criticism of Trump because the buck stops with him.

But ironically, it sure seems like the only people who criticize Fauci (which is equivalent to criticizing Trump) are people who really love Trump and believe the whole world is a conspiracy against him.

When the FDA pulled it 2 weeks ago I thought, there's an FDA chief looking for a change of scenery. I tend to think it was based on science, otherwise why piss off your boss?

Quote Originally Posted by 40 acres and a mule View Post
    Let me tell you a true story. Years ago when I was in my Medical training, the accepted cause of peptic ulcer disease was stress, spicy food, and an increased amount of stomach acid. There were drugs such as H2 blockers, and surgical procedures such as Bilroth I and II. In 1982, an Australian doctor named Barry Marshall theorized that infection caused by a bacterium named Helicobacter pyorli caused peptic ulcer disease. He fought with the medical establishment for years because everyone already KNEW what caused peptic ulcer disease. He even drank a cocktail of H. pylori to give himself gastritis to prove his theory. After much research, he was proven correct. In 2005 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine.

Does Hydroxychlorquine work in treating Covid? I don't know. And you damn sure don't know, either.
    But thereís more evidence that proves it does than doesnít! And just like the H pylori, itís hope and determination!

How dare you present real studies
    I will continue to be amazed and sadden that liberals are pulling against a drug working to save lives....simply because Trump mentioned it.....psychotic actually.

When the other poster asked why so many trump supporters continually wanted to die on this hill, it got me thinking...seriously, why are there so many doctors who want to continually die on this hill. I have been a pharmacist for 30 years and have seen many rx for HQ. Many doctors are writing for it right now....for others and for their families. Many are on tv defending it. MSM will not report this side of the argument. Why not? And it only started after Trump said he thought it might be good and helpful.