Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    So explain to me one more time why Kaepernik kneeled?

    https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/stat...318570497?s=19

    I know his own words got disregarded originally. This time maybe you will see he just hates America.

    If you can't read and understand his own words you are too stupid to be in the conversation.


    31 out of 38 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  2. #2
    I don't know why there was ever any confusion. Somehow it got twisted and turned into "bringing attention" to the issue of police brutality. But he was quite clear in why he was kneeling from the get-go. It wasn't to bring attention to anything. Here is what he said: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color; to me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

    It was pretty straight forward. The country is a rotten, oppressive place, and he wouldn't stand for a national anthem that represents such a country. He very clearly doesn't like America. And it's a free country, so he's perfectly free to have and share that opinion. But nobody should be bullied and badgered into having to agree with his point of view and/or kneel in solidarity with his message.


    18 out of 19 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  3. #3
    With Kaepernik it never was just about the police and the NFL and it's players are totally complicit in this crap.


    6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Bruce View Post
    https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/stat...318570497?s=19

    I know his own words got disregarded originally. This time maybe you will see he just hates America.

    If you can't read and understand his own words you are too stupid to be in the conversation.


    He isn't fighting racism. He is fighting western civilization. He is a marxist. The organization named ANTIFA is Marxist. The organization named BLM... Marxist... 2 of the co founders stated clearly they are "trained marxists". Think about the phrase... TRAINED.


    30 out of 36 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  5. #5
    The real answer? Because he couldnít beat out Blaine freakiní Gabbert for the QB1 job. And heís capitalized greatly from it all.


    16 out of 18 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibdancin View Post
    He isn't fighting racism. He is fighting western civilization. He is a marxist. The organization named ANTIFA is Marxist. The organization named BLM... Marxist... 2 of the co founders stated clearly they are "trained marxists". Think about the phrase... TRAINED.
    Oh good lord- this BLM is Marxist narrative is so far overdone already.
    A few people who started a movement may ascribe to Marxist ideology, but that doesn't mean the large decentralized movement is Marxist.
    And even if the movement is Marxist(not sure how a movement can be Marxist, but its often called that, so I'll go with it), that doesnt cheapen or change the message of wanting safe and equally fair treatment by police.


    I swear, easily 60% of people wouldn't understand what Marxism is if they were put on the spot without Google. And even then, I doubt many actually understand or could apply his writings and ideas to this situation.

    The conservative machine is working overtime here. There is a reason why something from a handful of years ago is an issue now- comfort and status quo are being challenged.


    7 out of 42 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  7. #7
    Some people just can't take the W.


    1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  8. #8
    Kap has gone to an extreme. Not everything needs to be shat on to make your point. Nothing can be done about the reality that this country was founded on inequality. Its in the past and we don't have a DeLorean to change history.
    Most people are able to recognize and acknowledge the country was founded on inequality since women and those of color either couldn't vote or literally weren't seen as a full person.
    Some serious mistakes were made and most people can acknowledge that.

    Kap reminding us all does nothing to help correct the errors of our founders almost 250 years ago.


    6 out of 24 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  9. #9

    Cool video...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Bruce View Post
    https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/stat...318570497?s=19

    I know his own words got disregarded originally. This time maybe you will see he just hates America.

    If you can't read and understand his own words you are too stupid to be in the conversation.
    Except for a minor detail...that stuff is not happening anymore. The country changed for the better. The system was set up to be changed as the will of the people dictate. The will of the people have overwhelmingly decided that that behavior and treatment of people was wrong. It is no more. See how that works?

    Of the people, for the people, and by the people. Still just as true today as it was 250 years ago. Our country represents the collective will of its people. Think about that. Kaperdick does not want a country that is run based on the will of its people? Who does he want making decisions?

    There were a lot of barbaric practices across the world back in those days that would not be tolerated today. Slavery, taking over countries, raping, pillaging, environmental consciousness, working conditions, womens rights, animal cruelty, assassinations, and on and on.

    America has and always will be a beacon for human rights in the world. Are we perfect? Were our parents and grandparents perfect? No. I would challenge anyone to name a country that could match the generosity of the US. How many countries throughout history have completely destroyed an enemy, built schools, hospitals, homes for the vanquished And then turned it back over to democratically elected governments? How many nations have had our military might throughout history that did not use it to conquer more territory? Our military could conceivably take on the the rest of the world, and largely uses that power for peace and stability. Again, not perfect, but anything run by humans will not be.

    Kapernick can GFHS


    24 out of 26 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  10. #10
    The ironic thing is that Kap grew up with more white privilege than... well, most white people.


    15 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Oh good lord- this BLM is Marxist narrative is so far overdone already.
    A few people who started a movement may ascribe to Marxist ideology, but that doesn't mean the large decentralized movement is Marxist.
    And even if the movement is Marxist(not sure how a movement can be Marxist, but its often called that, so I'll go with it), that doesnt cheapen or change the message of wanting safe and equally fair treatment by police.


    I swear, easily 60% of people wouldn't understand what Marxism is if they were put on the spot without Google. And even then, I doubt many actually understand or could apply his writings and ideas to this situation.

    The conservative machine is working overtime here. There is a reason why something from a handful of years ago is an issue now- comfort and status quo are being challenged.

    Really? Is it over done? Maybe people know history and see what marxism led to.

    -Lenin killed million of people on social justice platforms by creating divisions in the population. He used much of the same language being used now. The odd thing about what marxism leads to is never the promised land. Do you think Lenin lived like the rest od the peasants he sold marxism to? The promised UTOPIA failed.

    - Stalin followed him. He killed even more people he promised utopia to. In the end, he killed 700K followers because.... It was HIS utopia and he did not want to share it either. He marched people into slavery killing them in forced labor to the tune of millions more. In all... 100 million estimated deaths to built the utopia of marxism that is Russia today.

    I also know that on Jan 10th, 1963 the democrat Albert Herlong entered into congressional record a document titled 45 stated goals for Communism in the USA. That FBI document was studied by both the house and senate. And I know that #38 on that list is defunding the police. The words used:

    38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies.

    I know that BLM preaches number 40 too:


    40. Discredit the family as an institution.


    I know that more of those goals are:


    29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate.


    30. Discredit the American founding fathers.



    31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history



    42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.



    When you are telling me that this is what you are. When you are pushing for those things that the KGB pushed the USA towards and I see the chaos in the streets from BLM and Antifa with their stated goals.... I have no choice but to not argue with them on their beliefs and accept that they mean what they say.


    As a result.... I will speak out.


    20 out of 24 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    Kap has gone to an extreme. Not everything needs to be shat on to make your point. Nothing can be done about the reality that this country was founded on inequality. Its in the past and we don't have a DeLorean to change history.
    Most people are able to recognize and acknowledge the country was founded on inequality since women and those of color either couldn't vote or literally weren't seen as a full person.
    Some serious mistakes were made and most people can acknowledge that.

    Kap reminding us all does nothing to help correct the errors of our founders almost 250 years ago.


    It's not just Kap. There is a major part of a political party preaching it. It's to the point that the most ardent defenders of the party are now speaking out. People like civil rights attorneys.


    8 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    3,977
    Are you sure itís everyone else who doesnít know what Marxism is?

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Marxism


    13 out of 13 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    3,977
    Is there a country that wasnít founded on some form of inequality?


    6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  15. #15
    fill a vial and eat a meatball sub Bruce.


    1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

  16. #16
    Your like a 1934 German. You know Hitler wrote Mein Kampf and laid out his beliefs. However, he is fixing things in Germany and bringing back national pride. He is saying some things on the surface that I like. He is building things and turning the economy around. You figure, he really doesn't hate the Jews that much and that other stuff he doesn't really mean.


    10 out of 17 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors







Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.