Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jonathan Isaac, player for the Orlando Magic

Saw a report that he stood for the playing of the national anthem at this afternoon's game against the Brooklyn Nets. Also, he did not wear a "black lives matter" shirt. Thus far, he is the only NBA player to do that.

That's fairly gutsy . . . standing completely alone like that.

14 out of 15 sixpackers like this post
    Wahoo McDaniel | Chris McDaniel Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    Saw a report that he stood for the playing of the national anthem at this afternoon's game against the Brooklyn Nets. Also, he did not wear a "black lives matter" shirt. Thus far, he is the only NBA player to do that.

They are gonna cancel the shit outta that poor bastard.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

That dude has a set.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgtruc View Post
    They are gonna cancel the shit outta that poor bastard.
    He’s losing reservations as we speak***

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

This might be a GoFundMe I could get behind..

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Any relation to Johnathon Bender?

Definition of courage!

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

aaaaaand

Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post

He is instantly my favorite NBA player. If he catches hell and gets cut, I will chip in a few bucks on a go fund me.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    And white news writers will demand an explanation...
    Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Favorite player now. Would love for him to have an outstanding social record on these matters and just be an independent thinker unwilling to whitewash the bizarre and divisive messaging of BLM.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Did he get to play in the game, and if he did, did they ever pass the ball to him?

Regardless of your political views you have to admit that guy has some balls to do that.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    Regardless of your political views you have to admit that guy has some balls to do that.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Here he is saying why he didn't kneel or wear BLM shirt...

https://www.facebook.com/20380506299...18822207/?vh=e

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Hope my boys look up to him and people like him. There are people in this country that will refuse to accept what he has said, but that was not an easy thing to do and I’ve got a huge amount of respect for him on multiple levels.

7 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Can’t get Tom Stiglich cartoon to imbed.

Last edited by Rezpup; 08-01-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MittRomney View Post
    He is instantly my favorite NBA player. If he catches hell and gets cut, I will chip in a few bucks on a go fund me.
    Its clear you don't know anything about your new favorite player. You should look him up sometime.
    He won't be cut- he is a stater and high minutes rotation player.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I didn't understand his initial reasoning or his followup clarification response.

I'm still not sure what his belief in God has to do with much, but he said all fall short of God and that all should be treated fairly, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
    I didn't understand his initial reasoning or his followup clarification response.

I'm still not sure what his belief in God has to do with much, but he said all fall short of God and that all should be treated fairly, so that's good.
    BLM wants to get rid of nuclear family. That's pretty anti-Christian

5 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Not 100% sure either, but it may have been a similar response to what an MLB player gave last week. That is, he only kneels to God

Disrupt the preferred idea of a nuclear family not destroy. They are including the gay community bruh.

0 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Disrupt the preferred idea of a nuclear family not destroy. They are including the gay community bruh.
    Fine, well that's anti-Christian also

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    BLM wants to get rid of nuclear family. That's pretty anti-Christian
    Did he say that in the interview? I'm sure it was there and I must have missed it somehow.**

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

At least you're honest about it. Have an upvote.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Fine, well that's anti-Christian also

Quote Originally Posted by QuaoarsKing View Post

If this is your authority on whether something is Christian or not then I guess the catholic police molestation of boys is Christian, too.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh's Burner Phone View Post
    If this is your authority on whether something is Christian or not then I guess the catholic police molestation of boys is Christian, too.
    0/10, terrible analogy.

The Catholic Church does not condone the molestation of children. Lots of Christian denominations explicitly condone and perform same-sex marriages.

Your denomination may not, but your denomination's beliefs don't speak for other denominations. Just like I can't say "Christianity is a pro-gay marriage religion" simply because my denomination has it, people whose denomination does not can't say "Christianity is an anti-gay marriage religion." Either statement is objectively false, because Christian groups have different thoughts on the issue.

Pretty clear the New and Old Testament say it is not Christian. But I am the last to throw stones. Sinner to the core. That one is just not mine.
    Last edited by dawgdr; 08-01-2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Typo

0/10, terrible analogy.

The Catholic Church does not condone the molestation of children. Lots of Christian denominations explicitly condone and perform same-sex marriages.

Your denomination may not, but your denomination's beliefs don't speak for other denominations. Just like I can't say "Christianity is a pro-gay marriage religion" simply because my denomination has it, people whose denomination does not can't say "Christianity is an anti-gay marriage religion." Either statement is objectively false, because Christian groups have different thoughts on the issue.
    You are substituting religion with truth. The Bible is the truth and man's interpretation of the Bible is religion. Hence the multitude of denominations with different beliefs. Despite those interpretations there is still only one truth. The truth does not change to fit the denomination. So, yes, you can say christianity is anti-gay as it is clearly stated in the Bible.

You also can't throw a blanket over every denomination and call them christian either. The Bible says God's people here his voice and follow his word. If you are bringing homosexuals into the church and condoning their marriage you certainly aren't hearing his voice and following his word.

Quote Originally Posted by tribaldawg View Post
    You are substituting religion with truth. The Bible is the truth and man's interpretation of the Bible is religion. Hence the multitude of denominations with different beliefs. Despite those interpretations there is still only one truth. The truth does not change to fit the denomination. So, yes, you can say christianity is anti-gay as it is clearly stated in the Bible.

You also can't throw a blanket over every denomination and call them christian either. The Bible says God's people here his voice and follow his word. If you are bringing homosexuals into the church and condoning their marriage you certainly aren't hearing his voice and following his word.
    That's your interpretation. Other Christians see it differently. The Evangelical Protestant view of the importance of the exact text of Bible is not a universal Christian viewpoint.

I'm not telling anyone how to feel about gay marriage. That's your business. I'm just saying the objective fact that some Christian denominations have gay marriage, and therefore it is false to say that it is inherently anti-Christian.

It's no different than a Catholic saying that disbelief in transubstantiation and papal supremacy is anti-Christian. Or an Evangelical Lutheran (a mainline Protestant church, despite the name) saying that not allowing female pastors is anti-Christian. Or a Jehovah's Witness and [take your pick from their long list of unique beliefs], etc.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The Bible states God gave homosexuals over to their depraved minds. That makes God's thoughts on the subject abundantly clear. If a denomination disagrees with that it does not absolve them of the truth. That denomination will still be accountable in the end.

As I said, the people that hear his word and keep his commandments are his people. The others are the "many" that will find out too late that their denomination had an incredibly poor interpretation of the Bible.
    Last edited by tribaldawg; 08-01-2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Wording

There is actually a truth is my interpretation? So you are one of those? Nevermind carry on.
    Again, you're more than welcome to believe that Episcopalians, the ELCA, etc., are wrong, but you can't deny that they are Christian denominations that perform same-sex marriages, anymore than a Greek Orthodox can deny that some Christians believe in papal infallibility, or a Mormon can deny that some Christians don't believe Jesus also came to America.

Again, you're more than welcome to believe that Episcopalians, the ELCA, etc., are wrong, but you can't deny that they are Christian denominations that perform same-sex marriages, anymore than a Greek Orthodox can deny that some Christians believe in papal infallibility, or a Mormon can deny that some Christians don't believe Jesus also came to America.
    We can agree to disagree. If you do not hear his voice and follow his commands I will not call you a christian just as the Bible doesn't call you a christian.

I really don't wanna argue this. I guess I should've stated that it's anti-Biblical.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I really don't wanna argue this. I guess I should've stated that it's anti-Biblical.
    Anti-Biblical and Anti-Christian use to mean the same thing but it seems you have to clarify it in our whatever-feels-good denominations. I'm done.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

We can agree to disagree. If you do not hear his voice and follow his commands I will not call you a christian just as the Bible doesn't call you a christian.
    I will call anyone a Christian who self-identifies that way, because who the hell am I to say otherwise?

Anti-Biblical and Anti-Christian use to mean the same thing but it seems you have to clarify it in our whatever-feels-good denominations. I'm done.
    No it didn't. Have you only recently learned that lots of Christian groups don't take the Bible literally?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I will call anyone a Christian who self-identifies that way, because who the hell am I to say otherwise?
    I agree with you. I know not what is in anyone’s heart. They may struggle with a sin while I may struggle with another. But pretty clear how the bible stands on it and the ones in my life. I think that is his point. Women in the church is not the same. You can point to versus that tend to support it. Not gonna find that for gay marriage. That being said I have no issues with homosexuals being married. Just rather not belong to a church that condones it. We all need to have our toes stepped on when it comes to si. And I think the second picture may have been of a confirmation ceremony and not two brides.

Eating bacon is anti-biblical but boy does it get piled up at brotherhood breakfast every 5th Sunday

The Bible is the truth?
    But humans decided what stories/books would even be included in the Bible. How can that then be the singular truth?