Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HailStout View Post
    When COVID first showed up everybody received plaquenil and azithromycin. At no point did it feel like it was helping. Not to say that every patient I saw died. Of course not. Some people got over it, but the ones who got sick responded to nothing we did. I was not shocked when the studies started to come out that showed no benefit. We stopped using it. Out only real treatment at that time was plasma. It was hit or miss if we could get it for each patient and usually was not rapidly available. I noticed no difference in the clinical course of those patients without plaquenil/azithromycon compared to those who had received it.

We now give Remdesivir and Decadron to anyone requiring fio2. Usually plasma as well. We also consider Remdesivir in certain situations. I am in no way saying this is a miracle cure: people are still dying. I do feel for the first time during all this That we have a treatment regimen that is helping some of the patients. We have kept a significantly larger portion out of the ICU and off the ventilator.

The above is my personal experience. If a definitive study came out that showed plaquenil worked, I would give it in a heartbeat regardless of how I feel about it. I welcome any treatment that will help. The science as well as my personal experience says plaquenil does not.
    Thanks for what you do

And for the medical Lesson.

Swing your sword | Swing your corndog Yes | No

I second this big time.

Everyone that I see with Covid is placed on prophylactic dose Lovenox to help prevent clots Unless they have a contraindication for being on it

Everyone that I see with Covid is placed on prophylactic dose Lovenox to help prevent clots Unless they have a contraindication for being on it
    Anything beyond that seems reckless at this point. Hard to tell from the original Facebook post if he is doing that for all hospitalized patients, much less on outpatients. I still don't get where he is getting diagram with stages he's devised. Seems completely pulled out of the ass.

Look guys...the last thing we need is to find a treatment for this virus. Especially one that is a generic drug made by 11 different companies that only costs 65 cents a pill. How the 17 are we gonna generate fear, crash the economy and more importantly make a fortune. Remdesivir is the only answer for treatment.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Can anyone tell me why on earth there continue to be threads about this? The rest of the world who doesn’t sit around in political echo chambers have moved on. There are more effective treatments. Maybe there is some cases where it has some value, but it’s so narrow and so specific it can’t be considered an effective tool when more effective drugs exist. Why is this even a conversation?

Some people I have heard even say they would take it over the more effective drugs. They would literally risk their lives to own the libs. What is wrong with people? How does your worldview get to a place where “beating” other people you disagree with is more important than your life. Some people would rather be right than living, apparently.
    Because articles like this one keep showing up.https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ch_143875.html

And check out the credentials of the author.

Here's a newsflash for you CodeDawg: HE KNOWS MORE THAN YOU. Good god you are arrogant.
    Last edited by 40 acres and a mule; 08-05-2020 at 08:27 AM.

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    Do you think all research is performed without personal bias? Surely not.

I've seen enough research during my life to know that "bad" data and results are often ignored, minimized or thrown out to support the desired conclusions of the researchers.
    Which is exactly what you are doing.

The Corona Bro
    Quote Originally Posted by 40 acres and a mule View Post
    Because articles like this one keep showing up.https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ch_143875.html

Here's a newsflash for you CodeDawg: HE KNOWS MORE THAN YOU. Good god you are arrogant.
    Then he needs to run a random double blind placebo controlled study to back it up. None of the people pushing this have .

Yet somehow there hasn't been a full-fledged US trial like that.

Fully cognizant of placebos and clinical trial standards, I stand by the fishy comment.

I feel like the world would be a lot safer if we took away Facebook and Twitter access when you turn 65.
    Jesus Christ himself could put something on Facebook and there would be people that don't believe it because it came via Facebook. Totally disregarding everything that comes from Facebook is absurd. Some people have been so brainwashed by lame stream media that they won't accept facts and truth if it slapped them in the face.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I feel like the world would be a lot safer if we took away Facebook and Twitter access when you turn 65.
    65?? Try 18.

If they would up the price of the stuff it would get more "love". It's too damn cheap.**

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Or perhaps at any age.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

Not from Facebook, so Iím not sure itís reliable.

I really cannot understand the obsession with this. We used plaquenil on everybody we saw when this first broke. It did not work. There are now peer reviewed studies that say it did not work.

Also, Iím not for censorship. I wish they would just leave this trash up. Deleting it just makes people believe the cigarette smoking man is trying to snuff out fox mulder. And yes, thatís the level of lunacy these conspiracies have reached:
    Then why is there a world wide study where Plaquenil was used resulting in a 79% lowering of the death rate?

Something seems off with your posts....

Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Then why is there a world wide study where Plaquenil was used resulting in a 79% lowering of the death rate?

Something seems off with your posts....
    What study? Please post it. Nothing outside of god himself is going to reduce the death rate of this by 80%.

And what is off with my posts? I literally am posting exactly what I have experienced. Like I said, I wish to god Plaquenil worked. It doesnít.

Quote Originally Posted by 40 acres and a mule View Post

You guys just want to die on this hill. The people who have the most information, including the Dr who has been the most gentile with her messaging says the exact same thing I have been saying:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-bir...mdesivir-covid

There is one treatment that works, there is another that might work in certain situations, but we donít have enough data to prescribe it en mass when you have something that works better.

Why are you guys so rooting for medicine to work or not work? Why is this a political point for you? If you are willing to spend so much time and effort arguing with someone who has piles of evidence, research and opinion behind them while you keep bringing little random examples of something working to argue itís a conspiracy, you might want to rethink how you are spending your time in thought and the things you watch and read.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post