Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

More stupidity - this time TCU and Gary Patterson

TCU coach Gary Patterson apologized Tuesday for repeating a racial slur when instructing a player to stop using the word in team meetings, which led to a group of players to skip practice Monday.
    Horned Frogs linebacker Dylan Jordan accused Patterson on Twitter of using the slur during an incident Sunday in practice.
    "I met with our Seniors and Leadership Council last night about how we move forward as a team, together," Patterson said in a statement on Twitter. "We are committed as individuals and as a program to fighting racial injustice of any kind.
    "I apologize for the use of a word that, in any context, is unacceptable. I have always encouraged our players to do better and be better and I must live by the same standards."

....basically if you read the whole thing Jordan has a beef with Patterson b/c the coach gave him a little bit of a hard time about posting a pic of his gf on National Girlfriend Day. I'm 95% confident this was just a little fun hazing by the coach.

Then Patterson tried to get players to cut out use of a word and has the audacity to audibly say the word he wants people to quit using. So the player tries to throw him under the bus.

Full article:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ng-racial-slur

6 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Swing your sword | Swing your corndog Yes | No

The Herd Immunity Bro
    Cool. Tell rappers to quit using it.

19 out of 29 sixpackers like this post

Were the acting out

A scene from the office?

6 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Sounds like the player is the problem. Cut him.

18 out of 21 sixpackers like this post

These...

dumbshits donít give a damn about the word that was said or the context that it was used in. All they care about is getting a little attention from playing the victim card.

28 out of 32 sixpackers like this post

Free advice that some people for some reason need:

If you are white do NOT under any circumstances say the N word. Not with an "a" and certainly not with an "er". It doesn't matter who else said it. It doesn't matter why you are saying it. Don't quote songs. Don't quote movies. Don't say it to ask someone else to stop saying it. Don't say it. Nothing good will come from it.

9 out of 24 sixpackers like this post

this slope is getting steeper and more slippery.

5 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

If you're a white dude and the hill you want to die on is proving the double standard by saying that word and charging down the machine guns.... All I can say, is have a nice funeral.

6 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

I didn't read this before I posted down the thread. But I agree completely. Just don't use that word if you're a white dude. Ever. Your happiness in life won't be diminished by omitting it.. no matter the context you've created in your head before you utter it.

6 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    If you're a white dude and the hill you want to die on is proving the double standard by saying that word and charging down the machine guns.... All I can say, is have a nice funeral.
    That's ridiculous. A coach can give direction a team by using a word the team uses everyday and heard everyday. A coach can set rules.

This is just another example of players trying to oust the white boomer head coach. White boomers days are numbered as coaches.

10 out of 16 sixpackers like this post

It's ridiculous, but he's not wrong. If you're white and you say that word, you're almost asking for what you get.

7 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by JMC987 View Post
    That's ridiculous. A coach can give direction a team by using a word the team uses everyday and heard everyday. A coach can set rules.

This is just another example of players trying to oust the white boomer head coach. White boomers days are numbered as coaches.
    He can say "Don't say that word" but he cannot say that word. Well I guess he can but he better be prepared for the shitstorm headed his way.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

No it isnt ridiculous.
    Just dont say the word. There is no need. Nothing good comes from using it in any context at all. Its bad to say it as your own thought, its bad to use it in a quote, its bad to use it when singing, is bad to use it even when saying 'dont say it'. Just dont say the word.

Its totally reasonable for a coaching staff to set an expectation that players also dont use it.

3 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousD_O_G View Post

If you are white do NOT under any circumstances say the N word. Not with an "a" and certainly not with an "er". It doesn't matter who else said it. It doesn't matter why you are saying it. Don't quote songs. Don't quote movies. Don't say it to ask someone else to stop saying it. Don't say it. Nothing good will come from it.
    I censor the word when Iím singing along by myself. I havenít always, Iíll admit it, but things have changed.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I'm not telling you how the world should be. I'm telling you how it is. Again.. if you want to go kamakaze and use that word.. BANZAI, brother.

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoan View Post
    this slope is getting steeper and more slippery.
    I dunno man... white guys saying the n-word has been taboo for a minute.

3 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

There are a lot of vile, degrading, hateful, epithets you can call a person and this is one of them but, correct me if I am wrong, this is the only one I am aware of that is verboden to be even uttered in ANY context whatsoever. Unless of course you are black or an actor. Which seems kind of ridiculous that a white person can't say it even in the context of strongly condemning and forbidding its use it to address anyone but it's somehow OK for a white actor to say it AS A SLUR while acting.

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgg View Post
    I dunno man... white guys saying the n-word has been taboo for a minute.
    Please tell me it was some time after Straight Outta Compton released that it got taboo.

So he just repeated the word instead of "using" it? What's wrong with that? How else would they know what word he was talking about (I'm sure they'd know, given a description, but just repeating it - that's ridiculous).

Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    I censor the word when Iím singing along by myself. I havenít always, Iíll admit it, but things have changed.
    What kind of songs are you singing? I don't think the word is or ever has been in any music that I listen to.

5 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What kind of songs are you singing? I don't think the word is or ever has been in any music that I listen to.
    Right off the top of my head.
    I love the way you elevate your hips and push your ass out, got a ******* wantiní it so bad Iím about to pass out.
    Iím Gen X we grew up listening to NWA, Snoop, Tupac and Jay Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I'm not telling you how the world should be. I'm telling you how it is. Again.. if you want to go kamakaze and use that word.. BANZAI, brother.
    Because God forbid the black community couldn't simply call for everyone to consider not using the word. Let's not place too high an expectation on POC that they could actually consider context before getting upset and claiming to be victims, even in those circumstances.***

Yeah..let's bend to the will of the mob mentality...even when it is wrong, because they will threaten you with harm if you don't. That's a good plan.***

Oh, and never mind that it's OK to use words like, cracker, honky, white trash, whitey, peckerwood and more. You see, we've gone back to living in a world where standards, word-meaning, acceptable behavior, etc., is contingent upon skin-color and/or political viewpoint. We're in a world where speech and even opinion must be regulated for society to move forward without violence. Too bad for conservatives or any well-meaning people actually interested in racial justice, but not buying this "new world order", because these new rules mostly apply to you...not your fellow liberal citizens. Turns out you don't deserve the same rights across the board.

And God help you if you do decide to push back...even respectfully. God help you if you try to engage in honest, open debate with an intention to start real...effective dialogue. That's not allowed. You accept the new reality...their POV without exception or YOU SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!

Got it?

12 out of 20 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousD_O_G View Post

Correct and this advice should be given to every living, breathing human on Earth.

Why can't we just eradicate the word from Earth? Plenty of other words have been eradicated

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    Please tell me it was some time after Straight Outta Compton released that it got taboo.
    Agreed. See my above post.

So he just repeated the word instead of "using" it? What's wrong with that? How else would they know what word he was talking about (I'm sure they'd know, given a description, but just repeating it - that's ridiculous).
    Because he is a white coach. Had he been black, it would have been OK. Context doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is what color your skin is & what your political beliefs are....all under the banner of racial equality & justice for all.

Ironic, isn't it?

12 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Because God forbid the black community couldn't simply call for everyone to consider not using the word. Let's not place too high an expectation on POC that they could actually consider context before getting upset and claiming to be victims, even in those circumstances.***

Yeah..let's bend to the will of the mob mentality...even when it is wrong, because they will threaten you with harm if you don't. That's a good plan.***

Oh, and never mind that it's OK to use words like, cracker, honky, white trash, whitey, peckerwood and more. You see, we've gone back to living in a world where standards, word-meaning, acceptable behavior, etc., is contingent upon skin-color and/or political viewpoint. We're in a world where speech and even opinion must be regulated for society to move forward without violence. Too bad for conservatives or any well-meaning people actually interested in racial justice, but not buying this "new world order", because these new rules mostly apply to you...not your fellow liberal citizens. Turns out you don't deserve the same rights across the board.

And God help you if you do decide to push back...even respectfully. God help you if you try to engage in honest, open debate with an intention to start real...effective dialogue. That's not allowed. You accept the new reality...their POV without exception or YOU SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!

Got it?
    Actually, there have been plenty of prominent black leaders that have called for that word to stop being used universally.

Are you really this angry that you don't get to use that word with impunity?

5 out of 14 sixpackers like this post

"White boomers days are numbered as coaches." I'm afraid college football's days as an "amateur " sport are also

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Good luck with that.

nm

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Yea they've done a 180 with MLK's "dream".

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

It's called hypersensitivity. Repeating or quoting the word is far, far different from using it as a slur.

Isn't "thinking" a word just as bad as actually saying it? Isn't that what preachers tell us?

No one should say that word. It shouldn't be this group can say it and that can't. I know common sense.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    Right off the top of my head.
    I love the way you elevate your hips and push your ass out, got a ******* wantiní it so bad Iím about to pass out.
    Iím Gen X we grew up listening to NWA, Snoop, Tupac and Jay Z.
    I don't even know that means. Part of the generational difference I suppose. I'm not a Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller listener, but I don't listen to rap crap either. I'll go with 60s-80s music any day. At least it wasn't vulgar.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Actually, there have been plenty of prominent black leaders that have called for that word to stop being used universally.

Are you really this angry that you don't get to use that word with impunity?
    And there you have it. Your typical, low-life disgusting liberal who wants voices opposed to his own silenced one way or another. Today is ridicule, mob-rule...perhaps veiled threats. Tomorrow it will be legislated by corrupt politicians and activist SCOTUS judges.

And so typical that this jackass would twist my meaning out of context. So from what I wrote, you took from that I want to use the word with impunity? Of course you didn't, unless you really are that stupid. More likely you are just doing what most moronic, nasty, far-left liberals do...be completely dishonest and attack a false narrative.

10 out of 17 sixpackers like this post

Basic timeline:
    On Sunday, Patterson makes fun of Dylan Jordan in front of the defense for posting about his girlfriend on "National Girlfriends Day".
    Patterson approaches Jordan later in the day and Jordan tells Patterson he felt like he should have asked him about it before he called him out like that.
    Patterson tells Jordan that he's "a ******* brat" and he'll send his ass back to Pitt.
    Jordan says "For what? I ain't did nothing".
    Patterson says "You've been saying [n word ending in a] in the meeting room".
    On Monday morning, Jordan's teammates approach him in the locker room and ask if Patterson really said that. Jordan repeats the story and a number of players refuse to practice that day.
    Patterson comes into the locker room and says "It's not like I called him a [n word ending in er]"
    Monday afternoon, Jordan tweets out the exchanges from Sunday and Monday.
    Monday night, Patterson meets with the seniors and team leadership who inform him that he shouldn't use the word in any context.
    Tuesday morning, Patterson tweets out his apology.

And there you have it. Your typical, low-life disgusting liberal who wants voices opposed to his own silenced one way or another. Today is ridicule, mob-rule...perhaps veiled threats. Tomorrow it will be legislated by corrupt politicians and activist SCOTUS judges.

And so typical that this jackass would twist my meaning out of context. So from what I wrote, you took from that I want to use the word with impunity? Of course you didn't, unless you really are that stupid. More likely you are just doing what most moronic, nasty, far-left liberals do...be completely dishonest and attack a false narrative.
    Then educate me. Why are you so angry right now?

2 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

I don't even know that means. Part of the generational difference I suppose. I'm not a Lawrence Welk or Glen Miller listener, but I don't listen to rap crap either. I'll go with 60s-80s music any day. At least it wasn't vulgar.
    It was, they just were more clever with getting it past the censors.
    I met a cheerleader, was a real young bleeder/All the times I can reminisce/Ah the best thing loviní with her sister and her cousin.
    Well, I donít care if youíre just thirteen/You look too good to be true/I just know that youíre probably clean/Thereís one little thing I got do to you.
    Shake for me girl
    I wanna be your backdoor man

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Don't worry about him. He's an angry elf.

Then educate me. Why are you so angry right now?
    who wants voices opposed to his own silenced one way or another.
    Just yesterday, he tried to argue that political speech could be checked by the government. I'm not sure how he just typed that out and takes himself seriously at the same time. I think he just likes to yell at perceived liberals.

6 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Got it?
    Nail meet hammer.

I think I'll take a knee too. Because that's our country today.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

You ask how they would know what word he was talking about, then you immediately answer your own question.
    So yeah, thats how they would know- a description. Its using the first letter and then saying 'word' after. Its a universally understood reference.

Your age is showing here.

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Nail meet hammer.

I think I'll take a knee too. Because that's our country today.
    Just like a bunch of Conservatives.

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post