Basketball Depth Chart - It's a Whole New World

Since I'm tired of all the COVID discussions, I thought I'd throw out the projections for the Men's Basketball Team Depth Chart.

PROJECTED DEPTH CHART
    PG: Fr. Deivon Smith, So. Iverson Molinar
    SG: So. Iverson Molinar, Fr. Keondre Montgomery
    SF: So. D.J. Stewart, Sr. Jalen Johnson, Fr. Andersson Garcia or Fr. Cameron Matthews
    PF: So. Galen 'Tolu' Smith, So. Javian Davis, So. Quinten Post, Fr. Derek Fountain
    C: Sr. Abdul Ado, So. Javian Davis

A lot of new faces. What can we expect with just Molinar, DJ Stewart and Ado back as regular players. Gonna be a tough season. I certainly hope that Deivon Smith can adjust quickly and be the dynamic ball handler that we need. I also hope that Javian Davis can transfer in and be a Lawrence Roberts type transfer. If those two things don't happen, it has the feeling of a total rebuild. Thoughts from those that have some insight.

Pirate Ship | Lane Train Yes | No

I think this group will have a chance to make some noise, but it wont be this year. Way too many faces, and aside from Smith, none of them are in that elite or high 4 star talent level that youd expect to show up and contribute immediately. Even guys like Newman and Perry took their lumps early on, so I think that any expectation for most of these guys to come in and show much immediately are setting people up for disappointment.

That said, I do think we have some new pieces like D Smith, T Smith, Davis, and Johnson that can give us something early on.

This year, Im mainly looking for hope for the future. A 16-16 type year is what Id project

Yep, and a new fantastic point of view!***

I'm ready. I've been trying to find any information on the current roster and the university website still has the 2019-2020 roster listed. The women's roster has been updated.

I expect a lot of bitching

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    Nah. I dont think so. There was a lot of bitching last year because howland was more than likely going to miss the tourney with a roster full of 4 and 5 stars. Theres really no expectations this year.

I think well go about .500

I'm curious to see who emerges as our #8 in an 8 man rotation.

1. DJ
    2. Iverson
    3. Ado
    4. Deivon Smith
    5. Javian Davis
    6. Jalen Johnson
    7. Tolu Smith

I think those guys are going to be the Top 7.

From everything I've seen/read Montgomery can really play. I expect he'll be in the top 8 immediately. I'd probably put Garcia & Mathews above Davis too. I think Post is better than back of the bench too. Deivon is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    From everything I've seen/read Montgomery can really play. I expect he'll be in the top 8 immediately. I'd probably put Garcia & Mathews above Davis too. I think Post is better than back of the bench too. Deivon is #1.
    Davis dropped 20 on South Carolina. I'm taking the guy who has done it at this level.

Fair point. Hope you're right.

I'd much rather watch a roster full of 3 stars perform consistently on a 3-4 star level than a roster of 5 stars consistently performing on a 3-4 star level.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by tenureplan View Post
    Bitching would imply people actually would have expectations and care. I expect mostly apathy this year. Given the pandemic, the 2020 season is likely going to be a cluster anyway.

The Herd Immunity Bro
    Cam Matthews is really athletic and can jump out of the gym... I dont know how much of an outside game he has

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Don't overlook little Stans....