Man plants mystery seeds from China. Can't be identified.....

These seeds have been sent to random addresses to all 50 states unsolicited. The US and States have issued a warning to not plant them because invasive plants.... yet one guy does.

Plant Grown From Mystery China Seeds to Be Removed After Man Says It's 'Growing Like Crazy'

Arkansas man who sowed mystery seeds he received from China has revealed the resulting plant is "growing like crazy." The local Department of Agriculture is set to remove the plant from his property for further study.Doyle Crenshaw of Booneville told 5 News: "We brought them down here and planted the seeds just to see what would happen, every two weeks I'd come by and put Miracle-Gro on it and they just started growing like crazy."

State agriculture officials have not yet been able to identify the plant that bears orange flowers and white, squash-like fruit. The Arkansas Department of Agriculture is taking the plants for further investigation, KFSM reports.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...ent-across-us/

Just weird.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Swing your sword | Swing your corndog Yes | No

Name:  53B607B0-ED47-4CB2-B4A1-CEC891C21BD0.png
Views: 1608
Size:  171.2 KBI got some too.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I know when I get mystery seeds in the mail that I didn't order, I plant those suckers.**
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Freakin Arkansas, man.

"Sorry about COVID. Here's some free squash..."

12 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Most likely this is just a "Brushing" scheme by some company in China. In addition to seeds, there are also random small parts(various fittings, couplings, etc) showing up in mailboxes.
    Aside from invasive species of seeds/plants, most likely it is completely harmless unless you plan to buy from one of these "boosted review" companies.

Murder Squash or Zombie Okra.

Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaDawg View Post
    I know when I get mystery seeds in the mail that I didn't order, I plant those suckers.**
    I'd plant em in a pot.

Like every other news story lately it's either an affront to racial equality or it's an attempt to prevent Donald Trump from being re-elected. I'm conflicted because of the symbolism of both orange and white flowers... Could it be both?

State agriculture officials have not yet been able to identify the plant that bears orange flowers and white, squash-like fruit.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a squash plant. Every seed analyzed by the USDA has been a common plant. This is just a scam they try routinely, the seeds are usually intercepted before they're delivered, but the USPS missed some this time.

there are plants that poison the ground for other plants. Example Nicotine free tobacco is illegal to grow in NC. It poisons the ground for the tobacco. Rye Grass poisons the ground for a while. Those seed are probably some serious shit. Who ever plants them need a serious ass kicking.

Why is the idiot surprised that it's growing like crazy when he put Miracle Gro on it every two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a squash plant. Every seed analyzed by the USDA has been a common plant. This is just a scam they try routinely, the seeds are usually intercepted before they're delivered, but the USPS missed some this time.
    Wait, what? There exists a common scam to mail people harmless seeds? What is the goal?

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    The deliveries are part of an amazon shopping ratings scam or brushing scheme. Basically promoters set up fake profiles to buy the product so that they can submit fake reviews as verified purchasers. However Amazon likes to see a tracking number associated with each purchase. So instead of sending an actual product, they send seeds or some other worthless item to the legitimate address in the US.

And since just about everyone in the US has bought something from Amazon, the whole thing doesn’t look suspicious at all.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The deliveries, which are not gifts, are what authorities call a "brushing scam," in which people receive unsolicited items from a seller who then posts false customer reviews to boost sales.

Totally harmless...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little-Shop-of-Horrors-e1560782203967.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	17108

Except for the microchips embedded in them. **

Jack should’ve let that plant grow to how high that beanstalk would get. Of course it could be a more aggressive version of kudzu!

I couldn’t tell what the seeds I planted were but the plants all seemed kinda short and looked alike.**
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

Free seeds!

From the country that gave us Kudzu....

I got some man,

and I planted them man,

I didn't know what they were man,

and so I burned them, man.

I smelled some of the smoke man,

and now I want some more man.

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    Free seeds!

From the country that gave us Kudzu....
    Isn't kudzu from Japan? Brought here intentionally to control erosion - one of the stupidest things ever done.

Yep, I had friends visit from up north that weren’t familiar with it and admired it. I hate having to cuss a friend.
    Last edited by PineGroveBully; 08-05-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

Too scared those seeds might be "Audrey 2" ***

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BYzUxZDI3MjktZmM4YS00MzdjLWE5MzctMmI4M2ViMDgxMmUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	572.3 KB 
ID:	17113