Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak

Big 10 COVID Rules...

So the Big 10 says if you come into contact with a player who has COVID - you have to sit for 14 days. Not surprised by that.

Per doctors, practice collisions count as a positive contacts according to @RossDellenger. And you canít test out of quarantine.

How will this work?
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

Swing your sword | Swing your corndog Yes | No

The Herd Immunity Bro
    Sounds like B10 doesnít want to play football.

I don't see how practice wouldn't count as close contact. We're probably not playing football this fall. I've said that since April and I still haven't seen anything to make me change my opinion. Even if we do play, the quality of play on the field is going to be way, way down.

Thatís a house of cards. Donít bother scheduling games if those are protocols everyone will play by.

I think you are reading to deep into it. It is probably a doctor mis speaking.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    So the Big 10 says if you come into contact with a player who has COVID - you have to sit for 14 days. Not surprised by that.

Per doctors, practice collisions count as a positive contacts according to @RossDellenger. And you canít test out of quarantine.

How will this work?
    Have we seen the SEC protocols yet? Lawyers are covering the schools asses. If CFB starts this fall, it won't last long.

Probably by intent to keep folks off their backs

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Thatís a house of cards. Donít bother scheduling games if those are protocols everyone will play by.
    Go through the motions that show you are making a good faith effort in playing football. Blame it on health officials when the cards inevitably fall. Not my fault!

Agree that one collision isn't "close contact." But if your in the OL or DL, you're definitely in close contact with the other OL and DL on the team.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I doubt there are any.

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Have we seen the SEC protocols yet? Lawyers are covering the schools asses. If CFB starts this fall, it won't last long.
    There are two options: 1) just play and bear all risks that come with it or 2) build a system that screams "player safety" but ultimately fails bc you can't keep football players from swapping germs on or off the field.

This all comes down to risk and liability. I assume that ADs and Presidents aren't comfortable with it and are simply going through the motions right now to keep alumni and donors off their case. Kick the can and bail at the last minute. I just hope they are having actual plans behind the scenes to see if we can make this happen in the spring.

"How will this work?"

It wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Sounds like B10 doesnít want to play football.
    We are doing the same thing. Same reason we won't play either.

We have or had one GA who was positive and we quarantine every GA and all our quality control staff Bc they are in the same office. Players that have been around positive people ha e been done the same way.....

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post

How will this work?
    What do they mean by "has Covid" Positive test? Or symptomatic?

Looks like my 5-3 prediction was optimistic...

The Herd Immunity Bro
    So no football for next 3-5 years?

If thatís the threshold, why even try? Getting a season in under those protocols is not even possible.

Theyíll be canceling over half their games with rules like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    So no football for next 3-5 years?
    Shut it down for ONLY 3-5 years? You heartless bastard! Do you not care about human life?!?!

Couldn't even play flag football. Maybe the season really should be canceled.

I wonder if there's any data from 1918 as to how many football players got the Spanish Flu from direct football-related contact.