Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leach prepared to fight TX Tech.................

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Swing your sword | Swing your corndog Yes | No

Not the best look tbh

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Good for him

It’s convenient for TT That the get to use the Texas attorney generals office, paid for by tax dollars, as their lawyer. Unless I misunderstood that part of the article.

This is what I found to be the most interesting part: “If those weasels don’t want to pay the guy for the football season, you can’t make people do the right thing,” Dolcefino said. “But you can expose them, and you can follow them around, and you can know things about their business practices and their personal relationships.”
    Is that a threat to start publishing who at TT has a side piece? I hope this continues to evolve. TT should’ve just paid the man his money.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Agree....seems kind of toxic for some reason. Of course that's an outside view with me not being him
    Last edited by was21; 09-16-2020 at 07:12 AM.

What’s a better look? Rolling over and taking it? If Leach is right and feels like he got screwed by some shady dealings, I don’t see anything wrong with exposing it.

11 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Glad to see Coach Leach standing up for himself.

He wrote about the firing in Swing Your Sword. Obviously, this is his version of what happened, but if it's even close to the truth then Texas Tech should be forced to pay up.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

It’s all fun and games until it’s your ox that is getting gored.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

He did get screwed over by Tech using sovereign immunity. He never really got his day in court.

7 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

It's stupid and a distraction. It's like Jackie Sherrill chasing the NCAA.

1 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

I'm sort of surprised the state of Texas using sovereign immunity to keep from having to deal with a contract dispute didn't have other unintended repercussions with coaches working for state schools. Seems like an awfully one-sided affair if one side can lean back on sovereign immunity to claim whatever they did was right, without argument.
    -VH

I’m willing to bet that there was more to it than “we are the State of Texas and we are immune.”
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

A distraction to who?

Please ‘splain yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    I’m willing to bet that there was more to it than “we are the State of Texas and we are immune.”
    Talk slow, I’m part Cajun.

In short, it's baggage..of course the baggage was known when he was hired

If any of you guys felt like you were screwed out of $2.5 million I guarantee that you would fight it just like Leach has.

Mere pocket change

I recall when it happened, it smelled like a university cowing down to a TV personality and trying to take what they thought would be the easiest way out. Good on Mike for calling them on it.

That's what I remember about it. Sounded like a "I spend a lot of money in this place, so I demand you do what I say" scenario.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by AlCoDog View Post
    A distraction to who?
    To Leach. No point in acting like a scorned girl. Move on and focus on his new program.

1 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    If any of you guys felt like you were screwed out of $2.5 million I guarantee that you would fight it just like Leach has.
    He's already spent that to get it. This has nothing to do with getting his money.

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    I recall when it happened, it smelled like a university cowing down to a TV personality and trying to take what they thought would be the easiest way out. Good on Mike for calling them on it.
    My boss is a ttech alum and a big Leach fan. He thinks ttech owes leach the money.

He also thinks firing him was one of the dumbest things they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    To Leach. No point in acting like a scorned girl. Move on and focus on his new program.
    If someone damaged your reputation and cost you millions, you'd just go on with life, right? Leach writing checks to attorneys to stay on TT is about as distracting as me writing checks to the pine straw guy to fix my flower beds.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

All this means is we get to lay a few million dollars worth of ass whipping on TT, with interest, in 2028 and 2029.

JWS is a shining example for all to follow. If you have the funds keep the pressure on them.

Maybe, but he has documentation where that's literally their stated position. He included a lot of the actual emails to him and internal TT emails in his book. Obviously it's his side of the story, but unless the emails are doctored they absolutely hosed him out of the last year's salary with the plan to use sovereign immunity as their defense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    JWS is a shining example for all to follow. If you have the funds keep the pressure on them.
    Yeah, minus the part he lost focus and got fired.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Now when you put it like that....it TOTALLY sounds like a logic the State of Texas might apply to a situation.
    -VH

Quote Originally Posted by horshack View Post
    If someone damaged your reputation and cost you millions, you'd just go on with life, right? Leach writing checks to attorneys to stay on TT is about as distracting as me writing checks to the pine straw guy to fix my flower beds.
    Disagree. This has nothing to do with money, so why even mention it? He's already blown that money on lawsuits. He obviously is concerned and it takes up a portion of his time/focus if he's been doing this for 11 years.
    He needs to go recruit some damn defense instead of chasing stupid ghosts.

0 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yeah, minus the part he lost focus and got fired.
    His wife having cancer and the reason the NCAA had to settle out of court were much bigger reasons for him losing focus than him chasing the NCAA. He didn't start going after the NCAA until he had already lost control, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by campshelbydog842003 View Post
    His wife having cancer and the reason the NCAA had to settle out of court were much bigger reasons for him losing focus than him chasing the NCAA. He didn't start going after the NCAA until he had already lost control, if I remember correctly.
    The NCAA was the start of it all. Only took him 20 years, most of which was as an unemployed coach. I'd have the same opinion had he survived and continued the NCAA chase. And I get it, State fans have this complex that the world is out to get them and every fight is a good one, but I want my coach focused on football. No distractions. We've already seen the distractions with both Sherrill and Mullen. I want no part of it.

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

keep up the good fight coach. we are with you. sometimes, you have to be willing to stand up on your own two feet for matters of principle.

CJK5H

its off-season fodder for Leach. the man has a law degree. he knows what he is doing........(likely)

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Guess we won't be scheduling TT any time soon.

I would think this really doesn't take much focus from Leech.

Shouldn't the only thing Leech will be doing is to get an update once in awhile and make a decision here or there.

I don't expect him to be doing Private dick work or studying law books and contracts every night. That's why he is spending the $250,000 and it will be more most likely.

Yep. Craig James is basically irrelevant now and Mike Leach keeps on being Mike Leach....

Having read his book Swing Your Sword, I absolutely agree with Leach on this. They did a major screw job on him. I'm glad he is standing up for himself. Good luck, coach.

Three sides to every story: His story; their story; and the truth

My money is on Leach being a lot closer to the truth than Texas Tech.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I find it difficult to judge a man who believes his former employer has screwed him to not seek to make things right. He has a contract to defend and a reputation to make right. My memory is never all that good, but I seem to remember the father of the player involved in the closet incident is one of those big Texas guys who has never suffered not getting exactly his way, because in Texas, having money is like a making a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit you get.
    Last edited by MeridianDog; 09-16-2020 at 12:56 PM.