AR-15 Accessories

what the packs favorite accessory for their AR's? just bought a new one and trying to decide where i want to go with it.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    MS HIGHWAY PATROL | PETA Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg1979 View Post
    what the packs favorite accessory for their AR's? just bought a new one and trying to decide where i want to go with it.
    Ammo, USGI loop sling, practice.

Don't be one of those people that have 15 lbs of cheap chinese crap on theirs.

Yeti cap
    Tight shirt
    Costas

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

Most important accessory, about a 1,000 rounds of ammo stored behind the sheetrock at varying locating throughout your home.
    Last edited by Car Ramrod; 09-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Silencer Co. Chimera. Superlative Arms adjustable gas block. Low mass BCG.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Here is what you need

If you don't get all of this, you aren't a real man. Haha.

I all I have on mine are scopes and slings.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

It's definitely an election year.**

Start with a pair of big balls... Everything else is window dressing for your Facebook posts.

Name:  tenor (13).gif
Views: 898
Size:  3.72 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg1979 View Post

If you don't have a grenade launcher you might as well take a shit on the 2nd Amendment

7 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

I hope this is a second ar15 and you already have ammo. If not, good luck. You can get it, but it is as high as a giraffe’s ass right now.

After buying ammo, you might not have any money left for accessories.

First get a good optic and mount (aimpoint and Trijicon). Second get a good sling (I like blue force gear but there are many others).

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Get a new charging handle, if you have a mil spec handle. The only gripe I've ever had about the gun is that awkward charging handle. The first thing I did was trade it out for an ambidextrous Magpul charger.

Green tips...goes right through Blue helmets.****

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amm-199.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	17746

I really like a 2-point sling. It puts it in a nice position to grab and shoulder.

The first two things I added to mine were a red dot sight (Vortex Spitfire II) and replaced the muzzle flash suppressor with a muzzle brake to reduce rise. (Strike Industries King Comp). There are so many options and I can't say what the "best" ones are. These both were rated well. They work very well and do what they are intended to do. Do you own research.

I also added the ability to add a light to the barrel. It is a quick on and off deal.

I also did get 6 extra 30 round mags.

Legal?

I already had a pretty good stock of ammo and have not bought any in awhile. I was just looking at gun.deals and wikiarms at the lowest price for 5.56 nato and 9 mm are about $.67 a bullet. Both those Calibers you could regularly get deal at $.10 to $.12 per. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Bruce View Post
    I already had a pretty good stock of ammo and have not bought any in awhile. I was just looking at gun.deals and wikiarms at the lowest price for 5.56 nato and 9 mm are about $.67 a bullet. Both those Calibers you could regularly get deal at $.10 to $.12 per. WOW

I have a single stage reloading setup for sale. RCBS Rock Chucker. With all you need as far as accessories goes. $100 to get it out of my house. $20 more if you want the cabinet I have it bolted to already. $10 for each set of dies. I will throw in any brass or bullets I have for that caliber for free.

Depends on whether you are setting it up for hunting or crowd control. Mine is currently setup for crowd control. Trijicon ACOG with a RMR Reflex, 2 point sling, quality ammo, surpressor (just because its cool), high capacity mags, and my #1 crowd control option is a Franklin Arms binary trigger. Get em while they are still legal!

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDawg View Post
    Depends on whether you are setting it up for hunting or crowd control. Mine is currently setup for crowd control. Trijicon ACOG with a RMR Reflex, 2 point sling, quality ammo, surpressor (just because it’s cool), high capacity mags, and my #1 crowd control option is a Franklin Arms binary trigger. Get ‘em while they are still legal!

Are you the original Gecko45? How has it been operating on operations as an operator?

This is good advice.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg78 View Post
    Get a new charging handle The first thing I did was trade it out for an ambidextrous Magpul charger.
    why can’t I find this on their website?

Check out Strike Industries. I really like their products. I use them for my AR bling.

No- I am no gecko45. Just Papadawg!

No- I am no gecko45. Just Papadawg!
    Still, glad to know because of you, the malls are still safe.

Has anyone put a night a vision scope on theirs? If so what ya got?

Jesus yall are all dicks. Hahaha. I had one already. Have lots of ammo. Bought another one and just wanted suggestions. No biggie

Hell looking for supplies it costs just as much and is just as scarce.
    Last edited by Bulldog Bruce; 09-17-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Not Magpul but Blackhawk. Got confused.

Depends on whether you are setting it up for hunting or crowd control. Mine is currently setup for crowd control. Trijicon ACOG with a RMR Reflex, 2 point sling, quality ammo, surpressor (just because its cool), high capacity mags, and my #1 crowd control option is a Franklin Arms binary trigger. Get em while they are still legal!
    Whoa slayer, save some poontang for the rest of us!

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I have a single stage reloading setup for sale. RCBS Rock Chucker. With all you need as far as accessories goes. $100 to get it out of my house. $20 more if you want the cabinet I have it bolted to already. $10 for each set of dies. I will throw in any brass or bullets I have for that caliber for free.
    I'd like to know more about this, where do you live Mobile? I'm in the Jxn area.

Name:  b1248f6a2acb4824f78475ce9d38fdde.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  27.1 KB

What did you expect.

Better stock. Better charging handle. Better trigger. Good sight. Get a lighter rail or handguard if your front end is heavy. Quad rails are too heavy and silly. You don't really need accessories. You need to make what typically comes on an AR better fit you, add a sling, and add an optic.

The sky is the limit on ARs. Depends on your needs. If it's a plinker then the accessories are not as important. If you're betting your life or those you love on it, do not look for the cheap way out.
    For furniture, I'd stick with magpul first, then BCM and tango down. For a sling it would be a Vickers Blue Force Gear or a viking tactics. Optic would be Aimpoint or a good scope. I run a Geissele Airborne charging handle on one and a BCM gunfighter mod 4 on another. Both are top notch. I also run a Geissele SSA trigger.
    Magazines are important too. I'm partial to NHMTG/ Okay Industries. New Magpuls are good after those.
    Be sure your gas key on the carrier is properly staked and is a full auto carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellSmart View Post
    Magazines are important too. I'm partial to NHMTG/ Okay Industries. New Magpuls are good
    Have you missed around with the 40 round Magpul mags? I'm wanting to pull the trigger on one, ain't no such as "enough rounds." Looks like they are out of stock most places.

I haven't. All my current magazines are metal. 95% NHMTG. I've used the p-mags in the past but just prefer the metal with magpul followers. These were manufactured for Colt. They now only use the Okay Industries name.

Quote Originally Posted by Car Ramrod View Post
    Name:  b1248f6a2acb4824f78475ce9d38fdde.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  27.1 KB

What did you expect.
    Completely expected. makes me laugh actually. i was expecting, at the very bare minimum for someone to suggest pouring Dales down the barrel, maybe a Mole Cricket Suppressor. I actually enjoy the shit out of this place and love the banter.