Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Holiday Inn Express of Starkville Preseason Prognosticators - Week 12 - Mississippi State

beat JSU, AU, MTSU and UK

Holiday Inn Express of Starkville Preseason Prognosticators - Week 12 - Mississippi State

regardless of statistics, if we drop from 4-8 to 2-10, we aren't any better. Croom could win 2 games this year.

I see the offense improving over last year's number, but I think the defense will not be as good as it has been in recent years which will offset the improved offense. Playing Vandy and Auburn early hurts you in my opinion because I think it might take more than 2-3 games for the offense to find itself.

I think the improved offense will put you in some games this year, but the defense will end up keeping the W's off the board.

Win jackson State
    Win Auburn
    Win Vandy
    Lose LSU
    Lose GTech
    Win Houston
    Win MTSU
    Lose UF
    Win Kentucky
    Lose BAMA
    Lose Arkansas
    Win Ole Miss

nm

asdf

I refuse to be any more optimistic than that. Not after watching Croom's "Say It Loud" speeches from before and after the 2007 Alabama game on YouTube over a hundred times between the months of March and August last year. That stuff got my wool too thick for the bullshit we pulled. Mullen seems great, and like Cohen, I think he'll be fine in time, but not before taking his lumps. Especially with the way our schedule is fitted home and away.

Naturally I think Jackson State and Middle Tennessee are wins (hell they better be). Our SEC road games all seem like toss-ups, but I'm taking the early ones in Auburn and Vanderbilt as our best bets. Maybe if we have some momentum and Kentucky's having a bad day we can win again in Lexington, but I think the Wildcats will be better than expected. Foolish to think we'll actually win in Little Rock, no matter how well we play, so I'm not putting any stock in the Arkansas game.

For the hell of it, I'll say we get the one unexpected upset. I'll take Ole Miss for personal preference, although match-up wise I'd say Alabama or Georgia Tech make more sense. What we did in preparation for the Jackets last year completely f*cked any chance we had of staying close in Atlanta. That won't happen under Mullen in Starkville. Our gameplan will be much more logical, and the game should be much closer.

If Mullen does get us bowl eligible, he'll be coach of the year in the conference, overtake Parker Wiseman as mayor, sell beer from his lawn on Sundays, and the remaining bit of our SEC money will go towards a statue in his honor placed next to the dead dogs shrine.

Wins - JSU, Auburn, Houston, MTSU, Arkansas

W's over JSU, Auburn, Houston, and MTSU. Wouldn't be shocked at anything between 2-10 and 6-6.

Quote Originally Posted by HD6
    Croom could win 2 games this year.
    I think there's a very good chance Crxxm would go 1-11 with this year's team against this year's schedule.

asdf

nm

2009 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    DATE OPPONENT
    9-5-09 JACKSON STATE - Win
    9-12-09 at Auburn - Loss
    9-19-09 at Vanderbilt - Win
    9-26-09 LOUISIANA STATE - Loss
    10-3-09 GEORGIA TECH - Loss
    10-10-09 HOUSTON - Win
    10-17-09 at Middle Tennessee - Win
    10-24-09 FLORIDA - Loss
    10-31-09 at Kentucky - Loss
    11-14-09 ALABAMA - Loss
    11-21-09 at Arkansas - Loss
    11-28-09 MISSISSIPPI - Loss

7-5

Ga. Tech is the swing game. Win that one and I say 6-6.

nm

Wins The Urban University, Allbarn, Vanderbilt, Directional Tennessee, H-town and Kentucky

W: JSU, Vandy, MTSU, Kentucky, OM

w - JSU, Auburn, Vandy, Houston, MTSU, Kentucky, Arkansas

coco

Quote Originally Posted by 615dawg
    Wins:
    Jackson State
    MTSU
    Houston
    Auburn or Vanderbilt
    Arkansas or Kentucky
    one of the big boys - I'm leaning toward LSU

I'm with you, 615, but i think thats a best-case scenario

Shreveport.

W-JSU, AU, GT, HOU, MTENN., KY, AR, UM

Bulldogsman

HUGE START TO THE SEASON:

J. St. - (W) - (55-14) THE MULLEN ERA IS OFF TO A BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Auburn - (W) - (27-21) we struggle at first but get our collective junk together and 14-point 4th quarter comeback......
    Vandy - (W) - (28-17) struggle to a victory..but pull away in 3rd & 4th quarter. (14-14 TIE at halftime)
    LSU - (W) - (38-24) MONSTER UPSET...ESPN PRIMTIME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ga. Tech - (L) - ( 28-55) Crack into the Top 25 at 18......then.......WE GET SKULL DRUG!!!!!!!
    Houston - (W) - OVER/UNDER ( 77 ) (54-42) DEFINIATELY OVER!!
    MTSU - (W) - We almost lose this one as our team thinks it will play for national championship...(28-24) dodge last second endzone pass..
    Florida - (L) - Mullen's lovefest of Tebow makes him second guess calls and we lose (21-45) as Myer shows mercy at the end......
    Kentucky - (W) - Kentucky is RIDDLED with injury bug and we walk in and get a gift...(42-17)
    BAMA - (L) come into game ranked in top 25 (17th) and get beat to death by Bama's "D"...(14-24)
    Hogs - (L) we get hit with injury after injury and are as thin as a dryer sheet...lose traditionally to hogs (21-37)
    Old Piss - (L) we have a offer to Liberty or Indy / Ole Miss is heading to Peach we roll over at the end (31-35)

Wins - JSU, MTSU, Houston (the last two will be close). I am actually leaning to a 2-10 record but I think we'll pull out the Houston game so I'll stick with 3.

I'm kind of surprised at a lot of the optimistic predictions - we're really going to struggle on offense in the first half of the season as the players adjust. The defense lost some key performers and will not be as good. Second half it will start to click some and we'll play well against the likes of Bama and Ole Miss but not enough to win. Unfortunately the UK and Arkansas games are on the road otherwise I would predict a win in at least one of those.

nm