In what scenario do we actually cover -24.5?

Weíve played two Top 50 defenses thus far, and we scored a combined 2 point s against said teams. Iím not convinced that Georgia is elite, but I do think their defense is better than anyone weíve played so far, so thereís that.

In addition, our defense is depleted, the gameís in Athens, and Iím just trying to figure out how in the world this isnít a bloodbath. Maybe Georgia just runs a steady ground to get them to something like 31-3 in the 4th qtr, and then we get a back door cover at then once theyíve taken their foot off the gas? Thatís about all I see. What say the pack?

Cincy -4.5 against UCF is also looking good to me

Pirate Ship | Lane Train Yes | No

I never like betting on State games but the idea that Georgia wonít have the ability to score one TD a quarter against us seems insane. Especially considering there is a 50% chance we may spot them one. I feel like they will have at least 3 picks. Multiple sacks and an average starting field position of their own 40 yard line. I am almost certain we will not have an offensive TD, even garbage time. UGAís 3rd string DL is more talented than Vandyís first team and we all saw what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    I never like betting on State games but the idea that Georgia wonít have the ability to score one TD a quarter against us seems insane. Especially considering there is a 50% chance we may spot them one. I feel like they will have at least 3 picks. Multiple sacks and an average starting field position of their own 40 yard line. I am almost certain we will not have an offensive TD, even garbage time. UGAís 3rd string DL is more talented than Vandyís first team and we all saw what happened there.
    Our offense should actually be as healthy as itís been in a while. I think our whole OL is back again for the most part. We will definitely miss Heath though.

The issue is we only have 20 scholarship defensive players available today, which is insane. And some of those are freshmen that have played little or none at all in their careers. We are out everyone on our team who has ever played SAM linebacker in their lives (Wheat and Davis are in COVID protocol, Russell is hurt, Stewart and Lawson were forced to leave). Several walk ons will have to play a lot.

From a sheer numbers standpoint it will take a Herculean effort to keep UGA under 30 points. Keeping them under 40 points and 500+ yards would be a good showing, IMO.

This thing has 48-0 written all over it.
    ďIím not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,Ē Cohen began, ďthis person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.Ē - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    None.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    Yea I laid the points. The only chance we have to cover is if Georgia canít score on our patch work defense. They are pretty bad offensively but I would be shocked if they couldnít score on 20 scholarship defensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Our offense should actually be as healthy as itís been in a while. I think our whole OL is back again for the most part. We will definitely miss Heath though.
    Define healthy? It will look pretty anemic.

What about the second half?

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

The only thing that might keep this somewhat respectable is that Georgiaís offense has a tendency to really suck. They only beat Kentucky 14-3. So maybe thereís a scenario where that kind of score happens. But we have so little depth on defense that it seems really unlikely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0E82BC0-78C2-4128-A779-37793EA07F1D.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	18768

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

If uga has several that canít play like right before the game and they decide to play man for some stupid reason
    Last edited by trojandawg; 11-21-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Using the Miss match high school rule where the run the clock non-stop the whole game. A 1 hour and 20 minute time limit in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    If uga gas several that canít play annoying uncertainty right before the game snd they decide to play man for some stupid reason
    Canít drink all day if you donít start in the morning.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

We donít play ?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    Define healthy? It will look pretty anemic.
    Itís a relative term. What I mean is at least we wonít be missing our top three OTs like we were against Vandy.

Maybe if some of Georgiaís defensive players have money on us.

That's probably about the only way.

But you never know - Vandy is giving Florida a game - was 17-10 when I turned it on a couple minutes ago, now 24-10 in the 3rd. But still - Vandy is doing pretty well, all things considered.

Just checked with the quants group. They havenít come up when a scenario yet but they are working on it.

I got $200 that says you dont so I really hope you dont. First action I've put on FB this year.

Bovada still hasn't paid me for Biden's win.

Quote Originally Posted by JungRebel View Post
    I got $200 that says you dont so I really hope you dont. First action I've put on FB this year.

Bovada still hasn't paid me for Biden's win.
    How much did you put on that one? Might have to wait 'til January.

Tonight, I think your $200 is safe. What will you get if you cover?

~175, -24 (teased a half point)

I took Biden at +215 for $300 when I thought we were at the bottom on election night. Turns out I could've doubled those odds had I waited out some other early returns. As soon as Trump winning Florida was apparent I put the money on Biden and glued myself to the TV.

I hedged Trump at +415 the next day. Guaranteed $440 return. That was a waste of $175 but I slept better that night.

(I actually dont remember the exact totals but the hedge is accurate. That's all that matters.)

Bovada says they'll grade it once enough states have certified for Biden to have 270. That should be Monday when Michigan certifies.

I havent bet much this year other than putting in on fantasy football. Been looking out for 'sure things' and betting more but less frequently.

I dont actually believe in GA that much but they have enough athletes on defense and yall are going to have a lot of backups playing. Only thing that scares me is GA coming out and not dropping 8 or Leach deciding to run the ball 40 times and grinding the clock down to prevent UGA possessions. And turnovers, of course.
    Last edited by JungRebel; 11-21-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JungRebel View Post
    ~175, -24 (teased a half point)

I took Biden at +215 for $300 when I thought we were at the bottom on election night. Turns out I could've doubled those odds had I waited out some other early returns. As soon as Trump winning Florida was apparent I put the money on Biden and glued myself to the TV.

I hedged Trump at +415 the next day. Guaranteed $440 return. That was a waste of $175 but I slept better that night.

(I actually dont remember the exact totals but the hedge is accurate. That's all that matters.)

Bovada says they'll grade it once enough states have certified for Biden to have 270. That should be Monday when Michigan certifies.

I havent bet much this year other than putting in on fantasy football. Been looking out for 'sure things' and betting more but less frequently.

I dont actually believe in GA that much but they have enough athletes on defense and yall are going to have a lot of backups playing. Only thing that scares me is GA coming out and not dropping 8 or Leach deciding to run the ball 40 times and grinding the clock down to prevent UGA possessions. And turnovers, of course.
    I don't think you have to worry about that, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about that, but you never know.
    Leach is running the ball, or at least more than previous games. We're actually looking pretty good on the opening drive.

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Georgia is wearing black. They never win on Black.

8 minute possessions would help State cover the spread.

I thought that 24 points was a sure thing, but it doesn't look that way now. Our shorthanded bunch went to Athens to play.

lol I've already given up. Just gonna drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    totally.... maybe not! But if feels good right now!

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Iíll be glad to lose money if we can win this game.

This one.