Who believes with 3 months of practice you could make 9/27 free throws?

? I know if I could go back to my 19 year old self I could. Just pathetic. I coached a YMCA team of 9 year olds that could.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    ? I know if I could go back to my 19 year old self I could. Just pathetic. I coached a YMCA team of 9 year olds that could.
    That free throw stat sounds like it's from a team of middle school girls . . . or, the Mississippi State men's basketball team.

Did we have a game last night?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

And we lost by 9? What a cluster!

I could make over 50% left-handed straight off the couch. Howland's teams poor shooting has grown tiresome. Wonder why he isn't tired of it yet?

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

And for those that watched, trust me when I say that it’s not like they were on target and just barely rimming out. The majority were big time careless bricks

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

"Come On Man! Free Throws don't make any ESPN Top Ten highlight show, Free Throws are overrated and probably Racist." ******

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I was just as concerned about the 19 turnovers, most of which were unforced.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The whole thing was one, sloppy, 17n, shitshow. I especially enjoyed Ado’s brick laying extravaganza.
    “I’m not going to take anything off the table at this point in time ... but I will tell you this,” Cohen began, “this person is going to have serious baseball experience as a head coach. This person is going to have made trips to Omaha, Nebraska. This person is going to have expertise in an area of the game and in all facets of the game. And this person is going to make our fan base very happy.” - Intense Bastard, April 5, 2018.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It would seem like anyone that had made it to the collegiate level of basketball would be at least competent at shooting free throws.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    The whole thing was one, sloppy, 17n, shitshow. I especially enjoyed Ado’s brick laying extravaganza.
    Ado’s offense is dunking. Anything else is pitiful. He did try to dunk once and they packed that ball straight out of his hands.

We are currently in 160th place out of 160 teams that have had a game in FT %. Only around 30 teams out of 160 shot less than 60%. Pathetic coaches.
    Last edited by The Usual Suspect; 11-26-2020 at 11:52 AM.

The best way I can describe last night is that it seemed as if we took all the TEs and WRs that are getting no playing time from Leach and threw them on a court together. Size, athleticism, and energy were all there. It's the whole skill part that seems to be in short supply. The team looked like a bunch of athletes trying to play an unfamiliar game for 40 minutes

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    They had a lot of free time to practice free throws with the way everything has gone since they last played last spring.

The missed shots under the basket were almost as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    All that pressure of playing in a high school gymnasium got to them.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuley View Post
    I expected that with all the new faces and it being the first game. But I did not expect to see us shoot quite so shitty from the free-throw line.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain