Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’d hit it...

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

She's going to be the kicker again for the Georgia game this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaDawg View Post
    It's a big deal in a sense, but it's not as big of a deal considering she squib kicked and ran off the field.

It's not her fault the media is making this more than it is, so you can't blame her for suiting up.
    Who’s blaming her? I think we’re blaming the clowns voting for these “awards,” a role seemingly befitting of ...
    Last edited by turkish; 12-01-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Good, hope she gets on the field for more than one play.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by karlchilders View Post
    Good, hope she gets on the field for more than one play.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Vandy's offense is horrible. I think they crossed the 50 only twice against Missouri. The play calling left a lot to be desired as well.

I knew that, but...
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

It was an opportunity that was guaranteed to put a recognition starved Vandy program in the limelight for a day or two and they took it. This was not the first time a team have faced similar circumstances. There are other options they could have pursued. In the past what teams usually do is hold tryouts and choose someone from the student body & usually get a very servicable KS. I will guarantee you there were guys there who either played soccer and/or kicked in HS football with a much stronger & accurate leg than that young woman, no disrespect intended. I remember many years ago when the Saints somehow lost all their kickers and RB Tony Galbreath served as an emergency guy.

But beyond all of that my issue is not with her being on the team. I understand the historical significance but my issue is the WAY overreaction of giving her a performance based award for squibbing one kick to the 35 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by HailStout View Post
    I have four daughters. If anyone of them won this award I would refer to them as “SEC player of the week” insert name here for the rest of their lives. I would also frame the award and put it in a place where it cannot be ignored so I could bring it up every time they brought a guy home for me to meet. To be clear, I would do this only to annoy them. That is my job.

Edited to add: I would do the above if they won the award the way this girl did. If they won it based on effort on the field, that’s a different story. I hope it goes without saying I would be proud as hell of any of them if they worked hard enough to be a kicker on an SEC team.
    Of course you would as would any father but take the family sentiments out of it and it just looks like a stunt. I also fail to see how this woman worked hard enough to be a kicker on an SEC team. I'm sure she worked hard at her game but she didn't do so with a goal of being a kicker on the football team. Another thing one really has to consider is this 'SEC team' was 0-7 vandy. Do you think TAM or bama, or any other team with a prayer for a good season would ever do something like this? I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    She's going to be the kicker again for the Georgia game this weekend.
    That means one more squibb kickoff unless UGA gets a visit from Sankey to 'suggest' that they put a D on the field at some point that Vandy can score on so she can get a PAT attempt.
    Last edited by thekimmer; 12-02-2020 at 10:09 AM.

So you agree being “woke” in this case is bad?

Then why didn't you?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

The next big thing in college football....think of the revenue, the glory, like women in WWE. Bring it !

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbaseball View Post
    This silliness actually kinda discounts what she has accomplished as an athlete by going over board with the gender angle. IMO
    I would agree but the “accomplishment” was even undeserved. There are at least 5 or 6 guys playing pick-up soccer at State that can kick a ball further than her. If State has them then Vandy does. The entire thing was a staged mess that turned Vandy football into a bigger joke than it already was.