The Last Kingdom

If killing with axes and swords isn't sports related, I don't know what is. Now with that out of the way...

Is this the greatest series ever? It is GOT without the magic and dragons, and is arguably better written. Is anyone else on here as big of a fan of this show? Just finished the 4th season, and it was incredible. The next season will likely be a let down, because I don't know how they top this one. But I will be starting it tonight.

I am just curious because I happened upon it by accident, out of boredom, not expecting to like it, but now I don't want it to end.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Yeah it’s awesome. Next season will be better based on source material.

It is better than later got because the author stayed ahead of the show. The last book was just published. Enough for 3-4 more seasons

I do like. I also like Vikings a lot. The new Assisins Creed Valhalla also looks cool but havenít gotten it yet

Best show ever...that is all!

Hell yeah its a great series.

I'm confused on how your mention of starting season 5 tonight. Season 5 isn't released.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Is this the one with the Daine Killer with the Essex and Mericible kingdoms or is this something else? If it is every season is good.

Yes.

Season 4 then. I just know itís the last one. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastRat View Post
    Yes.
    Keep watching every season is outstanding. When you finish watch the Netflix movie "The King". It is about 300 years later during the 100 years war. It starts off a little slow, the guy who becomes King is kind of a passie but once it gets going he becomes a badass. It has a lot hacking and slicing. It is really good as well. After that watch the Netflix movie "The Outlaw King". It is about Robert the Bruce and it starts after wallace. First part of movie is the Scotts surrendering to the king. Wallace is on the run but you never see him alive. You only see his leg hanging. It is really good as well.
    Last edited by GloryDawg; 11-30-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Very great show. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

My favorite show on Netflix. I really like the dude that plays Uhtred. Think he does a fantastic job with the character.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Fantastic show

The first season of Barbarian was filmed in same location. That is another good one. Only one season.

Thanks for bringing this up. Something pulled my attention away from Season 2 a while back, and I just never went back to watch it. Probably because Netflix releases 85 new shows every week

Anyway, I finally got tired of forcing my way through Helstrom yesterday, so I jumped back over to Last Kingdom and youíre right. One episode and Iím already hooked again. Itís fantastic

I just started Valhalla yesterday. At first glance, it seems to be very different from any other AC game, but Iím liking it so far. The storyís solid, and and the setting is a little more out in the wild than the usual crowded AC cities. Of course, I havenít made it to England yet, but it seems to be a good game.

Itís holding me over til Cyberpunk

Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Yeah itís awesome. Next season will be better based on source material.

It is better than later got because the author stayed ahead of the show. The last book was just published. Enough for 3-4 more seasons
    Haven't seen the show but the books are really good. I've read all but the last one and they make you want to go raid the countryside with a sword and battle axe.

The book series is excellent as well. The last book of the series came out last week and I'm reading all the books one more time before I read the last one.

Thank you for the recommendations, because I am going to need it. I am blazing through season 4.

My brother in law was so disappointed when he ran out of seasons, that he went and read the books as well because he said he couldn't wait for the new seasons to come out.

Iím a big fan.

Downvote Paranoia Msubulldogfan1's Avatar
    Just binged the first 6 episodes after seeing this thread. Fantastic.

Wife and I looking for a new show. Is it something a typical wife would like?

Quote Originally Posted by stateu1 View Post
    Wife and I looking for a new show. Is it something a typical wife would like?
    What he asked ?? and is it similar to Vikings which is/was on FX channel and probably in season 8 or 9 now?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoastRat View Post
    Thank you for the recommendations, because I am going to need it. I am blazing through season 4.
    I am starting to watch Knightfall. It looks promising.

For all you Mafia guys. The Irishman is really good. It is very long movie (3 hours) but it has De Niro, Pesci and Pacino.

It’s better written than Vikings has been since the very early seasons. But similar, yes. Even a few of the same characters writ differently

Glad to hear about this one, but, am I the only one around that won't watch a series until it is cancelled? I can't stand to watch a season and have to wait 6 months or more for another one to come out because I forgot all the details and have to go back and watch the previous seasons anyway. I can't wait for Vikings to finally end so I can watch the whole series, I've started it about 3x and finally said to hell with it and am waiting for it to be cancelled.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

I'll have to check this out. I figure this would be a good thread to put a plug in for comedy series "The Norsemen" on Netflix. If you enjoy awkward comedy (similar to the British version of the Office), it's well done.

Downvote Paranoia Msubulldogfan1's Avatar
    Finished the first season, will start the 2nd today. Do the special effects improve at all? That battle scene in the final S1 episode was tough.

Started season 1 last night after seeing this thread. Wife isn't into it after 1 episode, but I like what I've seen.
    Hail State, Braves, Panthers, Liverpool