Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So we are on SEC/NW at 7:00 BASKETBALL

vs Tx State.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    It’s that or MNF. Since I hate both teams on MNF....basketball it is.

I got an alert from Hulu on my iPad. I had no idea we had a game tonight.

President, John Cohen Fan Club
    It looks like MSU didn’t realize they had a game tonight either.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I enjoyed that segment with Ado’s family.

Thumbs up for

ADO. He stayed the course.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

The refusal to run after a miss is mind boggling. The last thing we need to do is be in a half court offense especially without Tolu on the court.

Quinten Post is logging major minutes early. That tells you all you need to know about the talent on this team.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

This ain’t basketball. This is street ball. I am embarrassed by the lack of coaching and players with fundamental skills.

19 wants to know why we like Women’s Basketball. Because it is a better form of the original game than this BS.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by karlchilders View Post
    vs Tx State.
    This may have been answered on the board but where is Molinar? He will be immediate help.

Looks to be a long year though I think we have a few pieces that can grow into solid players. Its just going to take time and that time isnt now.

At the top of the broadcast they said we’re hoping to have him back by Friday’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by WutheringDawg View Post
    At the top of the broadcast they said we’re hoping to have him back by Friday’s game.
    Thanks

Good GRANNIES we are bad.

Welcome to 10+ years ago Mississippi State basketball. Been that way for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    This ain’t basketball. This is street ball. I am embarrassed by the lack of coaching and players with fundamental skills.

19 wants to know why we like Women’s Basketball. Because it is a better form of the original game than this BS.
    the women’s game is joke. Slow AF product.

you won’t ever see a nasty ass dunk like DJs in women’s basketball
    Last edited by hailstate19; 11-30-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Screw every single one of the basketball haters!

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Who is the guy doing the game with Richard Cross?

We will be fortunate to win 4 conference games this year. If we can't finish at the rim on a offensive rebound or feed into the post, we have no chance. Stewart is playing well but he and Tulo are all we have right now in terms of offensive production.

Yeah I just love the mugging that goes on with this thuggish style you call the men’s game. Cant throw it in the ocean from 3 feet, but they sure can dunk it!

Street basketball at its finest. What we have always called traveling, they now call “hesitation move”. Bull shit! It is traveling, palming, walking, turnover, turnover, bricklaying, missing 5 footers by 3 feet. It is shit basketball.

2 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

“Thuggish basketball” shut up you Uncle Tom

1 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

DJs “nasty” dunk is pretty much the only highlight of a total shitshow. It’s not entertaining basketball.

I did too. But I wonder if his sister beat him up all the time? Glad he got a degree. He’s gonna need it.

I don’t think that means what you think it means.

6 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    There's young and there's the young we are. Soooo much inexperience.

And are these YMCA refs? They are calling an awful game for both teams, which just adds to the crappiness on the court.

We may not win an SEC game.

Where the 17 is Molinar? Did he 17 someone's daughter in the athletic department?
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

Womens Basketball’s #1 Fan DeeBostJumper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    We will be fortunate to win 4 conference games this year. If we can't finish at the rim on a offensive rebound or feed into the post, we have no chance. Stewart is playing well but he and Tulo are all we have right now in terms of offensive production.
    hopefully Molinar adds another threat on offense. Not sure who else can put up more than 10 points a game

Yeah I just love the mugging that goes on with this thuggish style you call the men’s game. Cant throw it in the ocean from 3 feet, but they sure can dunk it!

Street basketball at its finest. What we have always called traveling, they now call “hesitation move”. Bull shit! It is traveling, palming, walking, turnover, turnover, bricklaying, missing 5 footers by 3 feet. It is shit basketball.
    I assume it’s been a while since you have played organized basketball? Sounds like you get your rocks off to all the sweet lay ups in women’s basketball

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    There's young and there's the young we are. Soooo much inexperience.

And are these YMCA refs? They are calling an awful game for both teams, which just adds to the crappiness on the court.

We may not win an SEC game.

Where the 17 is Molinar? Did he 17 someone's daughter in the athletic department?
    out with the “flu” for 14 days

Jalen Johnson!

They aren’t as talented for sure but theres so many new players it’s going to take them a while to get acclimated. Still aren’t looking at a good season by any means but I think they will play better with a little chemistry.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeBostJumper View Post
    out with the “flu” for 14 days
    Howland better do some serious teaching or else he will be retired after this one. I see some flashes but no one looks world class.

They do rebound well.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

I’m not saying we aren’t still very bad/young. But I have enjoyed this half of basketball.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate19 View Post
    the women’s game is joke. Slow AF product.

you won’t ever see a nasty ass dunk like DJs in women’s basketball
    Did you tune out of games SEC Women's games in the 80's?

Asking for a friend.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    They aren’t as talented for sure but theres so many new players it’s going to take them a while to get acclimated. Still aren’t looking at a good season by any means but I think they will play better with a little chemistry.
    Scoring is going to be a problem and watching any of them drive is painful. I will keep watching because I see some guys who might light it up from three with some experience.

You can't be surprised that we would struggle early when our most seasoned player is Ado. I love the guy but it says a lot about our line up. It looks like the refs are going to make him their whipping boy in these early games so I hope he doesn't get too frustrated. That asshole ref under the basket has made some ridiculous calls on both teams. He must not get much of a chance to be on TV aka Doug Shows.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by WutheringDawg View Post
    I’m not saying we aren’t still very bad/young. But I have enjoyed this half of basketball.
    Yes it's been better. I expect these guys to be the least affected by no or little crowds.

Name:  ba dum tss 4.gif
Views: 683
Size:  831.6 KB

DJ Stewart is pumping 3s!

More total bullshit by bruiser. I dont know what 'thuggish style' basketball is. Apparently you feel it's synonymous with street ball.

You are an ignorant 17. Ignorant with what is acceptable descriptor words and ignorant with regards to basketball.
    I am not impressed with the team's execution on offense in these 3 games, but they arent playing anything close to streetball. You don't know what streetball is and you can't recognize offensive tendencies. There is rhyme and reason for the offense, even if execution isn't there.

You long for the original game? Dribbling wasn't even allowed when Naismith broke out the peach baskets. Get the 17 out of here with your longing for the pure game.

Bruiser at the local park looking for a run.
    Name:  b06aef3658bfe297924bdad4c3cc00a8.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  21.7 KB
    Last edited by mstateglfr; 11-30-2020 at 09:58 PM.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    Quinten Post is logging major minutes early. That tells you all you need to know about the talent on this team.
    This is a bad post and you should feel bad for posting it. Pun intended. Quinten Post is pretty coordinated for a 7 footer. He has better hands than Ado for damn sure.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

This team is going to get a lot better. Anyone see that ball movement in the second half? It’s totally street ball!
    Last edited by hailstate19; 11-30-2020 at 10:01 PM.

A lot better second half tonight... still hurting at the 1.... maybe Molinar will help with that... also glad to see the Euro play significant minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    Did you tune out of games SEC Women's games in the 80's?

Asking for a friend.
    Wasn't even alive in the 80s

My view

I am not as pessimistic after tonight as I was going into it. I think we will play hard and defend because of our athleticism. We have to find ways to score though. Got a ways to go offensively in my opinion.

DJ continues to progress and is fun to watch. Smith is quick and will continue to learn as a freshman. I like Tolu. Have a great team leader in Ado. Molinar will obviously help. We have a ways to go and some questions to answer. But I do think we will improve.