ESPN's Rittenberg says he would be surprised if USM's coach was not....

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/s...811475456?s=20

One of:

Bielema
    Ron Roberts (Former HC at Delta State/SELA, current DC at Baylor)
    Will Hall

I think Roberts or Hall would both be very good hires for USM.

Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Humphrey View Post
    https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/s...811475456?s=20

One of:

Bielema
    Ron Roberts (Former HC at Delta State/SELA, current DC at Baylor)
    Will Hall

I think Roberts or Hall would both be very good hires for USM.

Give me Bielema all day over those 2. The other 2 are good candidates. I just like Bielema better.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I'm surprised Bielema has fallen so far after Arkansas that he's a realistic target for them. That job can be a career killer. If he wins at all, he better take the first job he can get from there.

Hall is easily the best option of those. It's not close.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I'm surprised Bielema has fallen so far after Arkansas that he's a realistic target for them. That job can be a career killer. If he wins at all, he better take the first job he can get from there.
    I am guessing he hurt himself a little by going to be a position coach in the NFL. Maybe makes people think he was fed up with recruiting and not fired up about the college game anymore?

I can talk myself into all three of them being good hires for USM.

I personally would take Hall simply because I think heís the best offensive mind and that program needs a shot of youth and energy in the worst way.

But they have to learn to stop getting their panties in a wad every time a coach leaves and just accept that is something that will happen if you have a good coach and your program is not one of the handful of elites.

Looks like it might be Hall according to a 'source"...

SOURCES: Southern Miss to hire Tulane offensive Coordinator Will Hall with the official announcement coming tomorrow. Thus ending the coaching search to replace Jay Hopson, with both Scotty Walden and Tim Billings having served as interim HC in his absence.‚ÄĒ Jeff Haeger (@TheJeffTakeWXXV) December 1, 2020

I think that is as good of a hire they could make.

Suing your former employer - whether in the right or not - is oftentimes viewed negatively by future employers, also.

The same was said about Hopson so I guess that means USM will be looking for another coach in 2023.

Good point. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Hall is easily the best option of those. It's not close.
    lol you must be from Amory. A 40 year old Tulane Offensive Coordinator isn’t the best option by far. Bielema had a 12 win season, 2 11 win seasons, and a 10 win season at Wisconsin. He also took them to 3 Rose Bowls. He took Arkansas to 3 bowl games. Hall hasn’t coached a game at the group of 5 level or power 5 level.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Eagle View Post
    The same was said about Hopson so I guess that means USM will be looking for another coach in 2023.
    Most everyone knew Hopson was a damn joke. USM fans hated that hire. Will Hall has a lot of recruiting and coaching connections. He's a proven OC. He's about to sign Ty Keyes, and KJ. Got a kids from Mize, Brookhaven, and Petal playing for him now. If he can overcome USM itself, he'll do well in that conference.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by RockKickinSandPoundinSOB View Post
    lol you must be from Amory. A 40 year old Tulane Offensive Coordinator isnít the best option by far. Bielema had a 12 win season, 2 11 win seasons, and a 10 win season at Wisconsin. He also took them to 3 Rose Bowls. He took Arkansas to 3 bowl games. Hall hasnít coached a game at the group of 5 level or power 5 level.
    Bielema is a lazy, garbage coach. He's done nothing special but steal money. Wisconsin could win games with Moorhead coaching. Alvarez still runs that program. 3 bowl games at AR? LOL like that's something special? Houston freaking Nutt won the division.

Kind of like Leach did?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Bielema is a lazy, garbage coach. He's done nothing special but steal money. Wisconsin could win games with Moorhead coaching. Alvarez still runs that program. 3 bowl games at AR? LOL like that's something special? Houston freaking Nutt won the division.
    Totally agree. In my opinion Beliema had no real interest in the USM job. He just wanted to make it appear he was actively pursuing a head job somewhere. That way, in his court case with Arkansas, he can testify he is actively looking for a head job, reducing the amount Arkansas owes him. He is a fat, lazy bum based on what some Arky fans have told me. He should have never left Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Charlie Varney; 12-01-2020 at 06:22 PM.

It is a well know fact that Bobby Hall has always hated USM. I can't wait for the spin coming out the Hall family now.

hi boys...me again. I mentioned yesterday contact was made but no mutual interest.

By God if he was spawned from Bobby's loins then he's good enough for them Yellow Eagles! Didn't you know Bobby won big in 2,000 population towns all over MS 25 years ago!
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

You go to Publix to shop? How bout Target?
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag