Thread: Softball Team

Softball Team

Hi boys. What are we feeding the softball team these days? Good golly.

1 out of 6 sixpackers like this post
    Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Myself and probably 99% of the other posters on this forum have no clue what you are referring to. Before anyone pops off and says maybe if I followed the team like a good Bulldog fan, I would know. Well, my response is if I wanted to go watch a cheerleading competition with choreographed dance routines, chants, hats turned all directions, etc, I would go to a 7th grade cheerleader competition. I've been to 3 Lady Dog games and left all 3 shaking my head and said that's the last one I'll go to. It's just not for me. It's hard to take the cheers and big hair bows seriously, it's like a little league atmosphere with big hair bows, sorry.
    Last edited by the peeper; 02-22-2021 at 11:11 PM.

3 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar
    I'm a fan of our softball dogs. sure, they're a little thick... But the team looks solid so far this year.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by the peeper View Post
    Myself and probably 99% of the other posters on this forum have no clue what you are referring to. Before anyone pops off and says maybe if I followed the team like a good Bulldog fan, I would know. Well, my response is if I wanted to go watch a cheerleading competition with choreographed dance routines, chants, hats turned all directions, etc, I would go to a 7th grade cheerleader competition. I've been to 3 Lady Dog games and left all 3 shaking my head and said that's the last one I'll go to. It's just not for me. It's hard to take the cheers and big hair bows seriously, it's like a little league atmosphere with big hair bows, sorry.
    Easy big feller- Iím sure heís referring to the OL and DL potential

Lots of injuries. We've got our catcher playing SS.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    They've been slowly trying to build something. I don't follow every game but they've gotten a little better each season it seems.

Ladies softball is a different animal than it was just 10 years ago and we usually get EATEN by a tough conference after our non conf schedule.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    Googles Haley Cruse Oregon Ducks Softball.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by BigMotherTucker View Post
    I'm a fan of our softball dogs. sure, they're a little thick... But the team looks solid so far this year.
    Bring on the thick girls.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Googles Haley Cruse Oregon Ducks Softball.
    Have a towel whip. I'm impressed anyone knew about that, but I just googled it per your advice and she looks like she is a really good softball player. She kinda has that Kayleigh McEnany vibe - not that Kayleigh McEnany is a good softball player... but she might be.

Thick, ugly, thin, pretty. I donít care what they look like as long as they go out there and win and represent our school like champs.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by the peeper View Post
    Agree.

My 14-year old daughter started playing softball a couple of years ago, and I've witnessed the same sort of BS at some games (not all).

It's just a bunch of constant 17ing loud noise for no reason. All of it coming from the players in the dugout.

The parents in the stands cheer normally at the appropriate times (e.g, base hits, runs scored, outs made).

But (some of) the teams/players think they have to scream chants/cheers constantly at the top of their lungs.

Seriously . . . WTF is the rationale behind that?

(No, my daughter doesn't do that sh*t. She thinks it's dumb . . . because it is.)

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I've tried to watch our softball team play before. But it's just completely unwatchable.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    I've tried to watch our softball team play before. But it's just completely unwatchable.
    Yeah same ole story...they can hit but have zero pitching ...and are pathetic defensively

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    Agree.

My 14-year old daughter started playing softball a couple of years ago, and I've witnessed the same sort of BS at some games (not all).

It's just a bunch of constant 17ing loud noise for no reason. All of it coming from the players in the dugout.

The parents in the stands cheer normally at the appropriate times (e.g, base hits, runs scored, outs made).

But (some of) the teams/players think they have to scream chants/cheers constantly at the top of their lungs.

(No, my daughter doesn't do that sh*t. She thinks it's dumb . . . because it is.)
    I am watching from TV so I miss lots of that noise but I can only imagine what the noise is like in person. Like I said it's not the same game it used to be when it was dominated by pitching. Now it's big gals who could possibly hit it over a longer fence and have to be pinch run for. Don't be surprised if they are moved back eventually.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ezsoil View Post
    Yeah same ole story...they can hit but have zero pitching ...and are pathetic defensively
    You realize they're missing a few starters & contributors right? Defense will be fine. Pitching isn't great but we've got more arms.

Almost as annoying as vandy whistlers.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Agree.

I'm sure you know this if your daughter plays softball...if not, you need to know. Regarding the big bows in their hair...for the most part, that's how they distinguish who is straight and who isn't.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

So which ones are straight? The big bows or the no bows? What if somebody has a little bow? Are they bi?

Darth Photoshop BigMotherTucker's Avatar
    Pitching is better this year than recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by FlotownDawg View Post
    So which ones are straight? The big bows or the no bows? What if somebody has a little bow? Are they bi?
    2 bows.

Yea I'm sure everyone in the softball community had a meeting and went over these secret signs together. Why would he need to know though?

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Agree.

When we were in the field we used to say "Mee....Mee....Mee....Batter...swing!!!" during every pitch. Oh yeah.....that was in little league.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Yea I'm sure everyone in the softball community had a meeting and went over these secret signs together. Why would he need to know though?
    I'm not a historian on the 17ing subject. I'm just telling you why some wear bows.

I've been involved with coaching travel softball for a 7 years. As far as secret, it's not much of a secret. I was clued in by a college softball player who was giving lessons. Once she told me, it became more obvious.

Now are there some who don't wear bows who are straight? I'm sure there are.

Nothing like a bunch of old fat guys making fun of girls (Again). It's pretty pathetic.

I googled it and yes, it appears to be a thing. The more you know.

Sounds like they'll all be wearing bows pretty soon

Evidently anything they want!

Quote Originally Posted by TSUNBearHunter View Post
    I'm sure you know this if your daughter plays softball...if not, you need to know. Regarding the big bows in their hair...for the most part, that's how they distinguish who is straight and who isn't.

Did not know that.

Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming the "isn't" group wears the big bows. (For some reason, they often like to attract attention to themselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by TSUNBearHunter View Post
    I'm not a historian on the 17ing subject. I'm just telling you why some wear bows.

I've been involved with coaching travel softball for a 7 years. As far as secret, it's not much of a secret. I was clued in by a college softball player who was giving lessons. Once she told me, it became more obvious.

Now are there some who don't wear bows who are straight? I'm sure there are.

Wait.

So the straight players DO wear big bows?

And the lesbian players do NOT wear big bows?

I'm confused.
    Last edited by dog12; 02-25-2021 at 06:53 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by HumpDawgy View Post
    When we were in the field we used to say "Mee....Mee....Mee....Batter...swing!!!" during every pitch. Oh yeah.....that was in little league.

Exactly.

The cheering/noise/whatever you want to call it is completely over-the-top.

At several of my daughter's softball games, I've had to walk away from the field and get far enough away from the extremely annoying, extremely loud screaming so I don't yell out "Shut the 17 up!!!" at those players making all the noise.

Clearly, the players enjoy doing it for some reason . . . and that's what I'm trying to understand.

What is the rationale behind the constant screaming?

My opinion: there is no good rationale for it . . . the players doing it are clearly insane . . . or have some other serious mental issue.

Bow Means No