Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This doesn't sound good...from TMZ

1:19 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... Tiger was staying at a hotel where a major network television show was being shot. Production sources tell TMZ, when the director arrived just before 7 AM, Tiger was driving his SUV very fast as he was leaving the property and almost hit the director's car. The director was shaken enough to tell production staff about it after he parked. A crew member who saw Tiger as he got in his SUV at the hotel tells TMZ, once Tiger got in his vehicle, there was a delay in driving off and he appeared "agitated and impatient." The crew member says once the delay was over, Tiger "took off fast."

Towel Whips | Busted Lips Yes | No

Reporting that he has a compound fracture of a leg and shattered ankle.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

So some of the experts are saying that 2 masks should be worn in public. Does this only apply to two-faced people or for all of us? - PGB

Yeah... this isnít a big news story at all. **

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Statement from Tiger's agent: Tiger suffered multiple leg injuries and is currently in surgery.

Didn't mention his back. He had to be removed from the car with the jaws of life.
    that story said the jaws of life part was false

MSM is desperately wishing this is another drug/alcohol induced event so they can have their ratings.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    I had forgotten the Mississippi connection, what a strange career arc, how many GOATS find themselves in Hattiesburg, MS seeking help for sex addiction?

For the record that was a different Pine Grove
    I donít know about that.... a lot of stuff goes on in Tipper County.

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    Police said he was not under the influence. I’m sure the media will be devastated.

4 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

In the closeup picture of the car on the TMZ link, it's hard to find the engine.

The TMZ article listed at the top of the thread also said no blood was drawn at the hospital. Perhaps no time to do so, or maybe they did and the report is wrong. No idea what's standard procedure, but you'd think they'd draw blood for typing, in case he needed blood during the surgery, and the police would want to know if he was under the influence of drugs of some type.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    Police said he was not under the influence. Iím sure the media will be devastated.
    No shit. Sounds like he just had a bad wreck. I know he's rich and I know there is a sliver of our population that loves to bring someone down or just doesn't like him. It makes me sick to hear some of the smartass remarks when we know nothing really.

Sounds like a serious leg injury. Hope he heals okay. I feel that his last Masters win was his swan song for Majors.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

There has definitely been some wild speculation by the news media.

That David Spade must throw a helluva party....

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Turns out he was just running late

Thatís cause the mice ran off.

Justifiably so

There has definitely been some wild speculation by the news media.
    Heís done stupid stuff that involved a car multiple times before.

Interesting. Law Enforcement Spokesman at late morning presser: ďNo evidence of impairment at this time.Ē

Second LEO Spokesman: ďWe did not use the jaws of life to extricate Mr Woods.Ē

My first thought was he must have been intoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by jethreauxdawg View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time. I like Tiger, but history is history and he's fresh off a surgery and I presume on some prescription pain meds.

Police said they don't suspect alcohol, but don't rule out other substances. Big difference.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Turns out he was just running late
    Yes. On the way to give some golf instruction to Drew Brees and Justin Hebert.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by jethreauxdawg View Post
    I'm guessing you have never done stupid shit in a car.

I'm lucky with some of the dumb shit I did in my younger days.
    It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.- Mark Twain

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Yes Iím aware of that. My point was that itís almost like theyíre rooting for it to be some sort of substance abuse.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

One of my friends is a fireman and said from the beginning that looking at the photos of the crash there was no sign or reason to use the jaws of life.

The TMZ article listed at the top of the thread also said no blood was drawn at the hospital. Perhaps no time to do so, or maybe they did and the report is wrong. No idea what's standard procedure, but you'd think they'd draw blood for typing, in case he needed blood during the surgery, and the police would want to know if he was under the influence of drugs of some type.
    I heard the actual question that was asked that drew that response. It was meant to imply that no blood was drawn as a result of him being suspected of being impaired. It came out as no blood was drawn but was basically saying if not for having had a crash there was nothing else about the situation had any raised alarms.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

So some of the experts are saying that 2 masks should be worn in public. Does this only apply to two-faced people or for all of us? - PGB

I could never have been an ortho surgeon. Just simply reading the extent of his injuries might give me nightmares.

Saw the video of him driving behind the minivan. It didn't appear that he was going all that fast, and wasn't catching up with the minivan. I'm sure the vehicle has a black box installed so they'll be able to tell exactly how fast he was going.

Supposedly he was on his way to play gold with Drew Brees for a new show he's doing.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

I think he was giving instructions to well-known football players for a series on Discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I could never have been an ortho surgeon. Just simply reading the extent of his injuries might give me nightmares.
    If some of that is accurate, I don't see how he ever plays competitive golf again.

Yeah, who knows. It was 7 in the morning, so no telling if he was up all night and fell asleep at the wheel, or what. Regardless, the car looks like he hit something head-on. Not much damage from the windshield back.
    He's a professional golfer. You know how many times in his life he's had to tee off at 8am or earlier before. This isn't Dennis Rodman coming off a 48 hour binder here. Tiger is probably up for the day by 6am every single day of his life for the last 30 years.

It's difficult to imagine him ever walking normally again.
    Last edited by Xenomorph; Yesterday at 09:30 AM.

His last dui

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    He's a professional golfer. You know how many times in his life he's had to tee off at 8am or earlier before. This isn't Dennis Rodman coming off a 48 hour binder here. Tiger is probably up for the day by 6am every single day of his life for the last 30 years.
    Was early in the morning. Related to pain meds that time I think.

So? Y'all trying your best to turn Tiger Woods into Tyrone Biggums. Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    Yes I’m aware of that. My point was that it’s almost like they’re rooting for it to be some sort of substance abuse.
    It's not almost like they're rooting for it to be some sort of substance abuse. It's just that they are rooting for it to be some sort of substance abuse. They are not in the news business, they are in the entertainment business. They might produce news as a byproduct, but they get paid for entertainment, and successful rich guy that you're jealous of did something stupid and now has really hurt his career is unfortunately a lot more entertaining to a big chunk of our population than successful rich guy that you're jealous of suffered some bad luck. People love to watch successful people brought low, but they give themselves more permission to enjoy it when they can claim it was their fault, or even better, their fault because of a moral failing.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    He won the 2019 Masters.

That was it, hasn't done anything sine and won't win again. Great golfer, but tired of hearing about Tiger. Jack is still the GOAT in golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    If some of that is accurate, I don't see how he ever plays competitive golf again.
    folks said the very same thing about Ben Hogan after his car wreck ... his legs were severely damaged but he went on to winning several majors after that

He's working on a ripoff of "Coffee and Cars" except he's playing golf with other celebs. The day before he shot an episode with David Spade. The morning of the crash, he filmed an episode with Dewayne Wade. I don't know the specifics, but I heard he was on his way to film another episode with Drew Brees when he crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    Just off back surgery, right?

Could be an interesting Tox report....
    They did no tox report

Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    That was it, hasn't done anything sine and won't win again. Great golfer, but tired of hearing about Tiger. Jack is still the GOAT in golf.
    Except that he did win again at the Zozo Championship in October 2019 giving him his 82nd win on the PGA Tour after winning the Masters the same year which btw is like winning the National Championship in other sports.

Yes, to say the least. He was just getting back in shape after the most recent surgery, and now this. He's had a lot of misfortune in his life, some self-imposed, some not.

The vehicle rolled over for sure, but the damage looks more like a head-on with something, more than anything else. I suppose the police will be able for determine exactly what happened with tire marks, tree damage, rock damage, etc. Looks like it had to have happened at a very high speed.
    No tire marks from what I read today. He must have been on phone or fell asleep

Twitter
    @fishwater99
    https://www.sportscasting.com/is-tig...-goat-in-golf/

"For Nicklaus, he battled against stiffer competition and four of the greatest golfers in the history of the game, including Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Tom Watson, and Lee Trevino, each of whom won six or more majors. In other words, each time Nicklaus teed off in a major championship, there were four other legitimate contenders who were capable of taking home the trophy. That was never the case for Tiger.Some might argue that no one else took home the trophies during Tiger’s reign because he was winning all of them. But what changes that narrative is this—Nicklaus finished second in majors 19 times. Woods has, to this point, only finished second on six occasions. Woods has always been a front-runner finisher, winning 14 of his 15 majors while leading or co-leading entering the fourth round. He’s never been challenged in the fourth round and he’s never come from behind to challenge for a major title.

In the end, both men will go down as the two greatest golfers in the game’s history, but Nicklaus has to be given the title of GOAT because when it mattered most, he was the more successful of the two."