The Clarion-Ledger softball tweet...

Most of you have read the reactions to the "article" put out by the CL today and how the headline takes a shot at Miss. State yet again. Here's the issue that most of our fans are missing. The CL really doesn't care if you read their article, all they want is a reaction. Any @ them is a win...That's where we are in 2021, any reaction is a reaction to the headline and they stay relevant. The best way to deal with these headlines is to simply ignore them. However, most people can't because they want to tweet something to get a reaction to their reaction. Either way, I do think it is unfair to many of the players and all those involved for some "journalist" to represent a news media company that simply puts out information instead of giving credit for their accomplishments, but I don't think it's going to change....
    Last edited by BogeyGolfer; 05-13-2021 at 06:31 PM.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Nothing says ignore quite like a new thread on the topic tho**

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Nothing says ignore quite like a new thread on the topic tho**
    I knew I would get this response and that's fair, but this isn't twitter and it's mostly our fans on this board...

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

What did the headline and the article say?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What did the headline and the article say?
    " How Mississippi State softball blew a lead to top seeded Florida to end win streak"...was the headline of the article. I didn't read the article.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Downvote Paranoia Msubulldogfan1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    " How Mississippi State softball blew a lead to top seeded Florida to end win streak"...was the headline of the article. I didn't read the article.
    That’s incredible.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post

The CL and their Ole Miss writers are the new experts on how to blow things.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

The solution for me was simple, they were pulling this crap back in the mid 1980’s when Emory Bellard was our football coach. I vowed to never buy another CL at that time and not only have I not purchased one in about 35 years, I do not allow anyone to bring one into my house. 17em. If they want to prop up the bear sharks, let them buy their crappy paper. I don’t click on any of their links either.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrimdawg View Post
    The solution for me was simple, they were pulling this crap back in the mid 1980’s when Emory Bellard was our football coach. I vowed to never buy another CL at that time and not only have I not purchased one in about 35 years, I do not allow anyone to bring one into my house. 17em. If they want to prop up the bear sharks, let them buy their crappy paper. I don’t click on any of their links either.
    Who the 17 carries a CL around with them?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Did they mention how fat our players are like our own fans did?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Touche’

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

You guys are a bunch of 17ing babies. Holding grudges for 35 17ing years over a headline in a paper about your favorite sports team.

1 out of 12 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I don’t buy the clarion ledger. But not because of any bias or grudge. I don’t buy their paper because it’s 2021 and nobody reads the 17n newspaper. And I don’t see their online content because there is much better content available for free elsewhere.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Name checks out.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    Who the 17 carries a CL around with them?

Me...

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by CoastTrash View Post
    You guys are a bunch of 17ing babies. Holding grudges for 35 17ing years over a headline in a paper about your favorite sports team.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	20275

The CL can be a shitty paper that posts controversial headlines to be relevant.
    AND
    Our fans can be babies.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not fat. Just thick.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

The Clarion Ledger could write an article about how bad Landon Sims pitched tonight and I would never know. I wouldn’t know because I have not read an article from that paper in over 15 years.

Are there actually people reading that garbage?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    A grudge is being pissed off about something that happened in the past that you can't change.

grudge

Pronunciation /ɡrəj/ /ɡrədʒ

A persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.
    ‘she held a grudge against her former boss’

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

With all the State/sports message boards around these days, I can't even fathom going to a "neutral" news source even if they were truly even handed. These are dinosaurs dying a long, painful death.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Only reason I saw it was that our communications ad quote tweeted the article calling them out. It’s about time they cut ties with them

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Only reason I saw it was that our communications ad quote tweeted the article calling them out. It’s about time they cut ties with them

I like this.

Cutting ties with the Clarion Ledger is a good idea in my opinion.

Mississippi State should have its own "newspaper" staff that writes articles about all of our sports teams. (Maybe we already do this, and we need to just "ramp it up?")

Put all of those articles on our sports website at hailstate dot com.

Don't limit the articles to stories about games. Rather, do lots of other types of stories that would help generate interest/traffic. Maybe we could make some money by doing this?

Cut off the Clarion Ledger. Do not grant any media passes to them. Do not let them inside the stadium. Ignore them.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

35 years my ass...

I’m still not over the Clarion Ledger publishing a form letter in 1963 asking the state government to force the men’s basketball team to stay inside state lines and miss the NCAA tournament so they wouldn’t play against an integrated team, then encouraging people to cut it out, sign it, and send it to the governor/legislators.

17 them.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by dog12 View Post
    I like this.

Cutting ties with the Clarion Ledger is a good idea in my opinion.

Mississippi State should have its own "newspaper" staff that writes articles about all of our sports teams. (Maybe we already do this, and we need to just "ramp it up?")

Put all of those articles on our sports website at hailstate dot com.

Don't limit the articles to stories about games. Rather, do lots of other types of stories that would help generate interest/traffic. Maybe we could make some money by doing this?

Cut off the Clarion Ledger. Do not grant any media passes to them. Do not let them inside the stadium. Ignore them.
    OM has been doing this for years I believe and handing the print to CL. That way their lazy reporters could cut and paste. I don't think we or USM did it so we are out of favor. OM is even on ESPN touting their programs under "The Season".

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by olblue View Post
    Touche’
    LOL same.
    #Frankthetank

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

What exactly do you use to swat flies with??

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No