Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One sentence hot takes.

Does this weekend break into TOP 10 of MSU Bed Shatting Moments?

I guess we need to see how the season plays out, but itís definitely knocking on the door.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Careful, pal....

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I guess we need to see how the season plays out, but itís definitely knocking on the door.
    All our guys need is a few days off.*****

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by eckie1 View Post
    All our guys need is a few days off.*****
    Is there some kind of inside joke about our team needing a few days off? Saw someone else post the same thing yesterday. If so, can you clue the rest of us in? Thanks in advance.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Damn, dude... What are you trying to do to me? You know how many sharp objects there are in my house?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Right there with Maine in football

But if you want a loss that broke another teams losing streak in the SEC look no further than losing to Arky this season. I'm still shaking my head at 16-8 to the worst team in the East. It is like a drag race driving a rail car and losing to a Gremlin.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Yes, the appropriately named ďkarlchildersĒ....

Quote Originally Posted by wsjmsu75 View Post
    Is there some kind of inside joke about our team needing a few days off? Saw someone else post the same thing yesterday. If so, can you clue the rest of us in? Thanks in advance.
    .....went full retard (oh, the irony) yesterday. Hopefully he had some french fried taters today to soak up the drunkenness.

https://forums.sixpackspeak.com/show...t-us&p=1912348

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

After beating us Mizzou's record is 14-33. Do you really believe what you said?

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Itís got a long way to go to catch that dud against an awful Razorbacks football team in November 2000.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

If we didn't have so many.....maybe.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

1-Vic losing to ND
    2-losing to cuse
    3-85 CWS
    4-loss to Arkansas when heavily favored to make it back to Atlanta.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

One sentence hot takes.
    Vic losing to ND had to do with the Refs not making a call when they tackled Morgan William on the breakaway... they make that call we win.... now that being said, Vic not subbing earlier in the game came back to haunt us as well...

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

While that call did seal the deal....

Vic losing to ND had to do with the Refs not making a call when they tackled Morgan William on the breakaway... they make that call we win.... now that being said, Vic not subbing earlier in the game came back to haunt us as well...
    Vicís management of the 2nd half is why we lost. He blew it instead of ensuring he put his team in the best position to win. WBB officiating is awful, plus playing against Northern inDiana in any sport puts most teams behind the 8 ball.

It was one of the biggest chokes Iíve ever seen in any sport regardless of gender. Not terribly far from ATL getting ass raped against Brady that year.
    Last edited by eckie1; 05-16-2021 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Effing autocorrect

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Need to add the 1989 regional in SVille. One of our greatest disappointments.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

All the ND loss talk is also moot if the women’s best post player in college basketball hadn’t blown a gimme that would have sealed the game. To me the bigger fault of Vic’s was practicing our girls hard less than 24 hours after Mo’s winner, ensuring we had no legs to really challenge SC the year prior.
    Last edited by PineGroveBully; 05-16-2021 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Grammar
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Yes or I wouldn't of said it. It's a regular season baseball series. It doesn't make the top 100.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

One sentence hot takes.
    Baseball Bed Shatings
    1. 85 CWS
    2. 2016 Super Regional Loss to Arizona.
    3. 1989 Starkville Regional.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Yes or I wouldn't of said it. It's a regular season baseball series. It doesn't make the top 100.
    This is correct.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Considering all factors, I don't see how it could not be.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

61 is correct, it was a hiccup and Mizzou was ready to capitalize at every turn. If we get drummed Thursday night then I would get concerned. Sometimes a series like that is needed to ground a team that gets a little ahead of its horses. It will either build character or expose it.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Agreed. That game should have never come down to that horrible no call. Inexcusable to blow a 15 point lead well into the second half.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

The difference here is that a sweep of Mizzou would have put us in the driver's seat (as least neck-to-neck) for a SEC CHAMPIONSHIP in a Big 3 sport. Is that important enough?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Didnít Mullen choke away a sugar bowl trip?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

We'll have forgotten about this series by July.

We've had some really bad regular season series where we got swept. Most of them we can't remember specifically.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

We once choked a game we were up by something like 8 runs with 2 outs in the 9th vs ULM. Y'all remember that? Actually kinda hilarious now. This was back before every game was on TV on the SECN so we had to listen to the epic choke on the radio. It was BRUTAL.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

We once choked a game we were up by something like 8 runs with 2 outs in the 9th vs ULM. Y'all remember that? Actually kinda hilarious now. This was back before every game was on TV on the SECN so we had to listen to the epic choke on the radio. It was BRUTAL.
    I believe that was against La Tech in 2007 or 2008.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

2003 regional losing to UNC after being up 6-2 was pretty good gut punch.
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

You're right it was La Tech, 2006. They scored 7 in the bottom of the 9th and I believe it was all with 2 outs. Here's the box score.

https://hailstate.com/news/2007/6/27/945073.aspx

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I don't know if it's number one, but it's on up there. I know the other popular mentions in this thread so far reasonable, but the 2018 Notre Dame team was a #1 seed in the Tournament. Plus, we're playing them on a neutral court. Similarly for the 2016 Super Regional against Arizona; they went on to make the Championship Series in Omaha. Bobby Dalbec is the starting first baseman for the Boston Red Sox right now and i'm assuming they've got multiple other players off that team playing professional baseball.

This Missouri team has been awful. We're playing them in Starkville in the middle of a regular season SEC title race. That was a pretty big shitting of the bed, IMO.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I agree with 61 on something.

He's right....this is baseball. You hate to see it, and it really magnified some concerns we have about this team for postseason play, but it's just a regular season series. Vanderbilt dropped a series to Georgia...it happens.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Speaking of MLB second basemen, donít look now but Adam Frazier is leading the league in hits.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Frazier can really hit, I think he's going to be in trade discussions come August. Playoff teams have taken notice.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Frazier can really hit, I think he's going to be in trade discussions come August. Playoff teams have taken notice.
    Sure wish the Cardinals could get him. His talent is being wasted on that crappy team.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Goat Version 372.0
    Hell no it doesn't. It's a regular season series. We are going to be fine.

Leggett should be the starting SS going forward, and James will have to play 3B. It is what it is, we've had subpar defensive players at 3B before. Plus, this is just not a strong fielding team anyway, so let's just be serviceable up the middle (Tanner, Leggett/Dubrule, Rowdy are that). Live with the rest, and try to generate some offense.

The biggest issue we have is 1B right now. Hatcher is the better defender, but damn, it'd be nice for him to just stop looking terrible out there at the plate, so Hancock can go back to DH. We can play around in LF with Cumbest, Skinner and Clark.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I can't see this being in the top ten. If we find out in hindsight that winning 2 this weekend and 2 against Alabama would have won a share of the sec title, then I guess maybe. Regular season titles are still rare enough that shitting one away is still a big deal. Just not sure about counting it in hindsight. Every year in baseball there will be inexplicable losses, and if you are a game or two back at the end of the year, you'll be able to point to shitty losses that cost you a championship (of course the actual champion probably also had some bad losses). Had we performed this weekend and only needed to win 2 next weekend to get a share of the title and inexplicably just not shown up, then that would be a bigger deal.

Granted, I didn't get to watch this weekend, so I'm not exactly sure how we were so bad, but my inclination is to assume this was just one of those weekends you have in baseball. We rarely have a big margin of error, and before now, while we have had games we let slip away (Vandy, USCe), the only weekend I can think of where we just didn't show up was Arkansas (which of course Arkansas had something to do with how bad we looked). I feel like two bad SEC weekends is just about the minimum you're going to have in baseball?
    Last edited by johnson86-1; 05-18-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic_Objurgator View Post
    Didnít Mullen choke away a sugar bowl trip?
    On second thought is there such a thing as a Mullen choke or is this just another saturday

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Delta State

You're right it was La Tech, 2006. They scored 7 in the bottom of the 9th and I believe it was all with 2 outs. Here's the box score.

https://hailstate.com/news/2007/6/27/945073.aspx
    One of our good late-80's teams had a monumental loss to DSU also. DSU scored something like 9 runs in the 9th inning to beat us.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

It reminded me so much of every pre-Egg Bowl Arkansas trap game loss we suffered from 1999 through 2007. So many of those, people just overlooked going "oh it's just Arkansas, we'll beat them" and not remembering we usually didn't.
    -VH

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    All the ND loss talk is also moot if the womenís best post player in college basketball hadnít blown a gimme that would have sealed the game. To me the bigger fault of Vicís was practicing our girls hard less than 24 hours after Moís winner, ensuring we had no legs to really challenge SC the year prior.
    How did you get to attend practice in Dallas?

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

No. An SEC Championship is meaningless except for the fan that wants to wear it on a tshirt or stare at it on the wall at DWS. We went over 30 years without one and it had no bearing on regional and CWS appearances.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No