OT: So the Velocicoaster at Universal..

Itís legit. Rode it 3 times this morning.

Iím no roller coaster aficionado but I like them. And itís hands down the fastest coaster Iíve ever been on. Like blow your balls off-fast. And if your balls arenít blown off by how fast it is there is a section over the water where youíre inverted that will make them draw back up like they havenít dropped yet.

Thatís all.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Cool but I'd rather hang on to my balls.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Iíve heard itís great and looking forward to my next trip there to ride it

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post

Iím no roller coaster aficionado but I like them. And itís hands down the fastest coaster Iíve ever been on. Like blow your balls off-fast. And if your balls arenít blown off by how fast it is there is a section over the water where youíre inverted that will make them draw back up like they havenít dropped yet.

Thatís all.
    So once the kids are old enough to not care about characters, is universal over Disney a no brainer?

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    So once the kids are old enough to not care about characters, is universal over Disney a no brainer?
    Roller coasters probably cooler at Universal. Iíd probably still suggest Disney.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Honestly?...

...hold out til they want to go have real experiences somewhere in the world. Both are absolute rip offs for what you pay.

Having said that.. Iíll never step foot in Disney again and Iíve been to both multiple times.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Thatís all.
    I've ridden it. It's definitely legit. It and Manta at sea world are probably my two favorite coasters.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    I was never able to ride most rides without throwing up. The spin, spin, spin that most rides gave you would make me a upchuck every time. The weird thing is roller coasters were fine and I had a great time riding those. Anything that moved in one direction was okay. I could go up, down, left, right, upside down, or backwards and be just fine I just couldn't handle the spinning.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    I've ridden it. It's definitely legit. It and Manta at sea world are probably my two favorite coasters.
    I was slightly let down by Manta, though it was certainly cool. I think flying coasters just aren't my jam. But Mako blew me away. It's the most fun coaster I've ever been on. Never overly intense like it's trying too hard but just a blast from start to finish.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

If everyone in your party is willing to ride legit thrill rides (though Universal isn't super intense for the most part) and if they are on the whole as into Harry Potter as they are Disney characters, Universal is a no-brainer. The Diagon Alley area is the best theming I've ever experienced. Universal also has much nicer hotels for your money.

But, if you have even one kid that's a chicken about coasters and if you don't care about Harry Potter, Disney is still the better overall option, I think.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Itís been forever ago but the Incredible Hulk was a sweet roller coaster trip for sure. The velociacoster looks outstanding

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Hulk is still good. We hit it a couple of times.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Disney with small kids

Uneriversal when kids are around 12

once kids are gone or old enough to drink, back to Disney. Epcot drinking is some fun shit. drink around the world, beer and wine festivals. its legit as an adult with no small kids

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

And if you want the ultimate in coasters, take a trip north to Cedar Point. Everyone who loves coasters needs to go there at least once.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

...hold out til they want to go have real experiences somewhere in the world. Both are absolute rip offs for what you pay.

Having said that.. Iíll never step foot in Disney again and Iíve been to both multiple times.
    Yea, I'm a little conflicted about going to Disney. The kids love it and we have fun watching them love it, but there is something disturbing about the way some people worship that place and how artificial is. If when my kids are adults and choosing Disney over doing things like traveling abroad, I would feel like I had done a disservice to them somehow. I think judging how other people choose to entertain themselves is pretty much the peak of ass holery, but I still find myself doing it with adults that make Disney their one trip each year unless they are still doing it for their young children.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I really enjoy Manta. It's fast and smooth. You're facing down with hands and feet dangling. It's unique and fun. My only quibble with it would be that it's too short of a ride.

The most frightening thing I've ever done is the slingshot at the stratosphere in Vegas.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

If when my kids are adults and choosing Disney over doing things like traveling abroad, I would feel like I had done a disservice to them somehow. I think judging how other people choose to entertain themselves is pretty much the peak of ass holery, but I still find myself doing it with adults that make Disney their one trip each year unless they are still doing it for their young children.
    Well, looks like you acknowledge having reached the peak. Kudos for that, I guess.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Yea, I'm a little conflicted about going to Disney. The kids love it and we have fun watching them love it, but there is something disturbing about the way some people worship that place and how artificial is. If when my kids are adults and choosing Disney over doing things like traveling abroad, I would feel like I had done a disservice to them somehow. I think judging how other people choose to entertain themselves is pretty much the peak of ass holery, but I still find myself doing it with adults that make Disney their one trip each year unless they are still doing it for their young children.
    Disney adults are bizarre.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    The most frightening thing I've ever done is the slingshot at the stratosphere in Vegas.
    A friend of mine who was a Green Beret and said he enjoyed 30k foot night time HALO jumps said he rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratoshpere at night and it scared the shit out of him. So, of course I had to try it. Me and my buddies rode it a couple of times during the day and it was fun. I went back at night and did it. My friend was right! I'll NEVER ride that thing again! It was amazing how it went from fun to terrifying to me just because the sun went down.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

How is it there with masks and social distancing? Also, are all restaurants and attractions open? We were in Disney in October and they were ridiculous with the masks - everywhere and to my 3 year old.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    A friend of mine who was a Green Beret and said he enjoyed 30k foot night time HALO jumps said he rode the Big Shot on top of the Stratoshpere at night and it scared the shit out of him. So, of course I had to try it. Me and my buddies rode it a couple of times during the day and it was fun. I went back at night and did it. My friend was right! I'll NEVER ride that thing again! It was amazing how it went from fun to terrifying to me just because the sun went down.
    I rode it at night too. Maybe I should've tried it during the daytime - but we wanted to do it at night because of all the vegas lights. It's been many years since I've done it, and I still haven't fully recovered. They take your picture during the ride and mine was priceless.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

We've taken the kids to Disney more times than I care to admit. It was a Christmas tradition for us every year. But now that my kids are older, I don't care if I ever go back there again. The fun for me was watching my kids enjoy it when they were little. Maybe I will do that again one day when I have grandchildren. But like you, I take some pride in knowing that my kids are kinda over the whole thing now.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

I don't remember the name, but I did the 'ride' where you jump off the stratosphere and land on the ground. I don't know if they still have that. You're tethered, of course, but leaning over that deck and looking straight down 105 stories or whatever will still make you rethink your choices in life.

eta: Sky Jump. I did it at night, which I don't know if that was better or worse.

Last edited by Junction John; 05-17-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Beginning last weekend you only wear a mask at Universal if youíre in line for attraction or inside a store. They have reduced social distancing to 3 feet but thatís completely not enforced.

Masks in the line are strictly enforced.

Sip | T-Sip Yes | No