Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239

    Lemonis wants to win a national title. He's got to find out what he's got......

    That's why a bunch of people are playing. That's why he's not throwing Sims multiple times per weekend. That's why he's not overthinking things. This is what good coaches know......championships are won in the postseason. I want an SEC regular season title too, but if that is the price of finding out what players will help us in the postseason, I'll make that trade all day.

    We are a regional host (and very likely a national seed). Chill out. At this point Omaha is all that matters.


    9 out of 11 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  2. #2
    I think we're playing a bunch of people because no one is winning the jobs.


    19 out of 19 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  3. #3
    I think what has to be a concern is that we are trying a bunch of different things and still canít seem to find what we are looking for.

    To me all it comes down to MacLeod and Bednar. We will go as far as they carry us. If they pitch like they did in Columbia and in a few other starts, we can go a really long way. If itís like what you saw against Mizzou we will struggle to get out of a Regional.

    Our bullpen has one dominant arm and then a bunch of guys who are unpredictable. We have to have better starting pitching in order to put less pressure on some of these guys who have been all over the place at times.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    I think we're playing a bunch of people because no one is winning the jobs.

    I 100% agree with this.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White...


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    That's why a bunch of people are playing. That's why he's not throwing Sims multiple times per weekend. That's why he's not overthinking things. This is what good coaches know......championships are won in the postseason. I want an SEC regular season title too, but if that is the price of finding out what players will help us in the postseason, I'll make that trade all day.

    We are a regional host (and very likely a national seed). Chill out. At this point Omaha is all that matters.
    Yeah, actually I think we may be worrying too much about the national top 8 seed. We have shown this year that we tend to play just as well, if not better, on the road as at home. Plus, there is a decent chance that we could still host our super as a 9 or 10 seed if we win our regional.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wsjmsu75 View Post
    Yeah, actually I think we may be worrying too much about the national top 8 seed. We have shown this year that we tend to play just as well, if not better, on the road as at home. Plus, there is a decent chance that we could still host our super as a 9 or 10 seed if we win our regional.
    There may be something to that. You want to be a Top 8 seed but the pressure of playing at home can be a lot sometimes. Perhaps if we had to go win a Super in South Bend or Greenville weíd play looser than if we played those teams at The Dude.

    You still want to be in the Top 8 because in theory itís a little bit of an easier path. But Iím not sure for this team our Omaha chances are any different if we are the 5 seed or the 10 seed. If weíre not in the Top 8, we wonít slip so far that weíd be playing Arkansas or Vandy in a Super. It would be someone more beatable than that, even if it happened to be on the road.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  7. #7

    Our winning percentage is better at home

    Quote Originally Posted by wsjmsu75 View Post
    Yeah, actually I think we may be worrying too much about the national top 8 seed. We have shown this year that we tend to play just as well, if not better, on the road as at home. Plus, there is a decent chance that we could still host our super as a 9 or 10 seed if we win our regional.
    We don't want to go to someone else's super regional.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  8. #8
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    I think we're playing a bunch of people because no one is winning the jobs.
    Well that would certainly make things easier, but that's not a luxury most teams have.


    0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  9. #9
    I would not want to be Bohannon/Bama this weekend. I know that.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  10. #10
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    I think what has to be a concern is that we are trying a bunch of different things and still canít seem to find what we are looking for.

    To me all it comes down to MacLeod and Bednar. We will go as far as they carry us. If they pitch like they did in Columbia and in a few other starts, we can go a really long way. If itís like what you saw against Mizzou we will struggle to get out of a Regional.

    Our bullpen has one dominant arm and then a bunch of guys who are unpredictable. We have to have better starting pitching in order to put less pressure on some of these guys who have been all over the place at times.
    If nothing has materialized by Hoover I think you'll see Hatcher back at 1B and James at 3B. I wish I could say we'd put Leggett at SS but I don't know if he will. I'd rather have a senior out there in the postseason than a freshman.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  11. #11
    Message Board Hero 8dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,092
    Its better at home bc we have played all our OOC inferior opponents there.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    That's why a bunch of people are playing. That's why he's not throwing Sims multiple times per weekend. That's why he's not overthinking things. This is what good coaches know......championships are won in the postseason. I want an SEC regular season title too, but if that is the price of finding out what players will help us in the postseason, I'll make that trade all day.

    We are a regional host (and very likely a national seed). Chill out. At this point Omaha is all that matters.
    There are absolutely 2 seasons and the regular season isn't the end game. I see several teams treating the regular season like it is the end game.

    We don't have a "Hoover" room in our baseball facilities. We have an "OMAHA" room.

    I may be wrong but I believe we are already a 1 seed, no matter what happened last weekend and this coming weekend.

    Nothing takes the place of experience, even in a loss. I have been in the stands at Omaha and I have been in the seats for our men's basketball final four run. If you haven't been there you cannot fathom the pressure that it puts on a player. That's probably the thing I remember the most, the look on players faces with all that pressure and the spotlight on them.

    Arkansas fans are hyped about an SEC championship. Our fans are a little down about not getting it this year. I personally could almost care less about a regular season championship, or an SEC tourney championship. But that's just me.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateDawg View Post
    We don't want to go to someone else's super regional.
    But in the SEC (which is what counts more), we have a better winning percentage on the road (8-4, .667) than at home (9-6, .600). Of course our overall winning percentage is better at home, simply because we play a lot of weak teams at home outside of the SEC.

    Edited to add- another thing to remember is that if the NCAA does not come off of the 50% crowd capacity restriction for the postseason, the home field advantage will be dampened somewhat. Bottom line, I think we have as good a chance on the road as at home in the super regional.
    Last edited by wsjmsu75; 05-17-2021 at 05:19 PM.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    If nothing has materialized by Hoover I think you'll see Hatcher back at 1B and James at 3B. I wish I could say we'd put Leggett at SS but I don't know if he will. I'd rather have a senior out there in the postseason than a freshman.
    The left side of the infield is our most pressing issue at the moment. James and Forsythe have seen their BAís drop by nearly 50 points in the last month, and both continue to make error after error. James gets a lot of the flack from fans but Forsytheís defense has been equally bad if not worse at times.

    I honestly donít know that the solution is but those two positions have clearly been a problem.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    If nothing has materialized by Hoover I think you'll see Hatcher back at 1B and James at 3B. I wish I could say we'd put Leggett at SS but I don't know if he will. I'd rather have a senior out there in the postseason than a freshman.
    Legget at SS probably needs to happen starting with the midweek game.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    That's why a bunch of people are playing. That's why he's not throwing Sims multiple times per weekend. That's why he's not overthinking things. This is what good coaches know......championships are won in the postseason. I want an SEC regular season title too, but if that is the price of finding out what players will help us in the postseason, I'll make that trade all day.

    We are a regional host (and very likely a national seed). Chill out. At this point Omaha is all that matters.
    If he doesn't know what he has by the last week of the regular season...

    Reminds of that quote by Jack saying the qb and receiver weren't on the same page on that play but it's just week 10.


    3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh's Burner Phone View Post
    If he doesn't know what he has by the last week of the regular season...

    Reminds of that quote by Jack saying the qb and receiver weren't on the same page on that play but it's just week 10.
    Yea, in hindsight, he waited too long to start experimenting. But in reality, he could probably tell in practice that we just didn't have great options and was trying to give what he thought were the best options a chance.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    That's why a bunch of people are playing. That's why he's not throwing Sims multiple times per weekend. That's why he's not overthinking things. This is what good coaches know......championships are won in the postseason. I want an SEC regular season title too, but if that is the price of finding out what players will help us in the postseason, I'll make that trade all day.

    We are a regional host (and very likely a national seed). Chill out. At this point Omaha is all that matters.
    We don't have the players to win it. Sorry, that's the truth. We also pissed away a SEC championship, and those aren't won on a regular basis either. This team will be fortunate to win their regional/super.


    2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  19. #19
    mcdawg22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, Fl
    Posts
    7,207
    Okay sure. But even if thatís the case flirting with losing a national seed is not a way to make the postseason easier for you.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  20. #20
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    Okay sure. But even if thatís the case flirting with losing a national seed is not a way to make the postseason easier for you.
    Damn son, he doesn't WANT to lose. But he's got to play people. Riding your studs early has cost Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. Yeah I know you hot-takers can't see it now because all you remember is Ole Miss' game yesterday, but they aren't doing shit in the postseason without Hoglund, and we all know it. Vanderbilt is also extremely handicapped without Leiter.


    1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  21. #21
    I donít recall ever seeing a team so capable of beating anybody as long as we donít beat ourselves, yet struggle so much in accomplishing that


    4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    Damn son, he doesn't WANT to lose. But he's got to play people. Riding your studs early has cost Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. Yeah I know you hot-takers can't see it now because all you remember is Ole Miss' game yesterday, but they aren't doing shit in the postseason without Hoglund, and we all know it. Vanderbilt is also extremely handicapped without Leiter.
    Saturday we saw that Leiter with 2 weeks rest is damn good. 1 week rest after throwing 120 pitches a game for 2.5 months, not so good.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  23. #23
    PineGroveBully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Back 40
    Posts
    7,776
    Any team that can get to Omaha can win it all, and this team can absolutely get to Omaha. One point that concerns me though that I havenít seen made, just imagine what this team probably looks like had there been a full draft last year.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by onewoof View Post
    There are absolutely 2 seasons and the regular season isn't the end game. I see several teams treating the regular season like it is the end game.

    We don't have a "Hoover" room in our baseball facilities. We have an "OMAHA" room.

    I may be wrong but I believe we are already a 1 seed, no matter what happened last weekend and this coming weekend.

    Nothing takes the place of experience, even in a loss. I have been in the stands at Omaha and I have been in the seats for our men's basketball final four run. If you haven't been there you cannot fathom the pressure that it puts on a player. That's probably the thing I remember the most, the look on players faces with all that pressure and the spotlight on them.

    Arkansas fans are hyped about an SEC championship. Our fans are a little down about not getting it this year. I personally could almost care less about a regular season championship, or an SEC tourney championship. But that's just me.
    If MSU wins a national championship and Arkansas doesn’t, not one single soul will ever remember or care about that regular season SEC championship. We get all worked up over it during the regular season because it’s all we’ve got, and we want the games to matter. And they DO matter, but ultimately they only matter in the sense of 1) making the postseason; 2) hosting a regional; and 3) hopefully hosting a super regional.

    Just like in that if Ole Miss makes an Omaha run and MSU doesn’t, most of y’all won’t give a damn about that regular season series win (no, I’m not predicting this, by any stretch). Baseball and basketball regular seasons matter, but the postseason outweighs it dramatically. The regular season is just a vessel to get you to the postseason.

    That’s why Ole Miss fans have become so disenfranchised with Bianco. Any one of us with any sense recognizes that he’s done a great job, but the postseason failures weigh on you.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpolk View Post
    Legget at SS probably needs to happen starting with the midweek game.
    I agree. Here's my lineup:

    1. Rowdey, CF
    2. TA, RF
    3. Logan Tanner, C
    4. Hancock, 1B
    5. Kam, 3B
    6. Dubrule, 2B
    7. Clark, DH
    8. Cumbest, LF
    9. Leggett, SS


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  26. #26

    James playing 3B maybe, hatcher at 1B no way.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    If nothing has materialized by Hoover I think you'll see Hatcher back at 1B and James at 3B. I wish I could say we'd put Leggett at SS but I don't know if he will. I'd rather have a senior out there in the postseason than a freshman.
    I think we will see James kind of platooning at DH/3B depending on match up. Hatcher will only play as a late defensive replacement. Lemonis has already gave him way more chances than he needed to. Once lemonis moves on I think he moves on just like Cerantola.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  27. #27
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by oxfordrebel22 View Post
    If MSU wins a national championship and Arkansas doesn’t, not one single soul will ever remember or care about that regular season SEC championship. We get all worked up over it during the regular season because it’s all we’ve got, and we want the games to matter. And they DO matter, but ultimately they only matter in the sense of 1) making the postseason; 2) hosting a regional; and 3) hopefully hosting a super regional.

    Just like in that if Ole Miss makes an Omaha run and MSU doesn’t, most of y’all won’t give a damn about that regular season series win (no, I’m not predicting this, by any stretch). Baseball and basketball regular seasons matter, but the postseason outweighs it dramatically. The regular season is just a vessel to get you to the postseason.

    That’s why Ole Miss fans have become so disenfranchised with Bianco. Any one of us with any sense recognizes that he’s done a great job, but the postseason failures weigh on you.
    Hard to predict postseason success, though, so it's hard to really judge a coach that way. I would love to see some stats that show the % chance of making it to Omaha from all different seeding areas, like 1-8, 8-16, etc. I've seen some say you have a better chance not being a national seed, well that's bullshit because 8 teams have national seeds and 56 (!!!) others don't, so the numbers are on their side.

    All that said, regular season success will always matter because the better you do there, the easier your road is in the postseason, over time. So it does make you wonder if Bianco is playing easier schedules or something, because 'choking' really isn't a real thing.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    Any team that can get to Omaha can win it all, and this team can absolutely get to Omaha. One point that concerns me though that I havenít seen made, just imagine what this team probably looks like had there been a full draft last year.
    Thatís not exactly true. Our 2007 team didnít have a prayer of winning it all. Neither did Stony Brook that time they shocked the world and beat LSU twice in the BR super regional. Both were dealt with accordingly on the big stage.

    I feel like our big opportunity was honestly last year. That team likely could have been hell on wheels if TA would have been able to make it back for the postseason. Basically all the same arms plus two first round talents in the middle infield who could both rake. That could have been a special team by seasonís endÖ.of course weíll never know.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  29. #29
    PineGroveBully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Back 40
    Posts
    7,776
    Fair points, but I’m going to push back a little. Any team that got to the CWS IS capable of winning or losing a best of 3 vs anyone in the country. We just saw it happen, that means anything could happen in the finals. Work backwards from there. A lesser team that has a bonafide ace can win that first game out of the box and has put itself in position to just need 2 of the next 4 to get to the Finals(3 of which would be elimination games where anything can happen), and they will have that ace back for one of those. If my math is right 104 teams have made the CWS since 2007 and you found 2 that “couldn’t” win it all. Yes, not likely, but stranger things have happened and baseball is the most random of all sports.

    Now to 2007, OSU won it going 5-0. They were only 10-14 in a league subpar to the league we went 15-13 in. I think our best starter was Justin Pigott that year. He was perfectly capable of winning that first game. Do that and it comes down to matchups and luck.
    Last edited by PineGroveBully; 05-17-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by onewoof View Post
    There are absolutely 2 seasons and the regular season isn't the end game. I see several teams treating the regular season like it is the end game.

    We don't have a "Hoover" room in our baseball facilities. We have an "OMAHA" room.

    I may be wrong but I believe we are already a 1 seed, no matter what happened last weekend and this coming weekend.

    Nothing takes the place of experience, even in a loss. I have been in the stands at Omaha and I have been in the seats for our men's basketball final four run. If you haven't been there you cannot fathom the pressure that it puts on a player. That's probably the thing I remember the most, the look on players faces with all that pressure and the spotlight on them.

    Arkansas fans are hyped about an SEC championship. Our fans are a little down about not getting it this year. I personally could almost care less about a regular season championship, or an SEC tourney championship. But that's just me.
    The only people who get bothered about SEC championships are the ones that talk about how Ron Polk invented baseball and pretend that the LSU of the 90s didnít exist.

    We went from 1989 to 2016 without a regular season championship and did just fine in the regionals and onto Omaha. If we had stockpiled SEC championships and nobody else made any noise then thatís one thing. But in that same period of time from 89 to present over a third of the teams in the league have won a natty.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. Here's my lineup:

    1. Rowdey, CF
    2. TA, RF
    3. Logan Tanner, C
    4. Hancock, 1B
    5. Kam, 3B
    6. Dubrule, 2B
    7. Clark, DH
    8. Cumbest, LF
    9. Leggett, SS
    That lineup does sound like our best option offensively anyway. And I like switching LT to third and KJ to 5th.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  32. #32
    Message Board Hero 8dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,092
    I would have put 2008 Fresno State in the same category as 2007 State or the Stoney Brook team.


    2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  33. #33
    This is the only correct response, and after last weekend, you hope urgency sets in as we get closer to post season play. As they say, ďa desperate person will cling to a knife.Ē


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    I would have put 2008 Fresno State in the same category as 2007 State or the Stoney Brook team.
    This is just one example that proves that there is just a certain amount of sheer luck involved in winning a national championship in baseball. Which proves that anybody that gets to Omaha has a chance to win it all. One of these years, if we keep getting there, our time will come. I just hope I will still be alive to see it.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    Hard to predict postseason success, though, so it's hard to really judge a coach that way. I would love to see some stats that show the % chance of making it to Omaha from all different seeding areas, like 1-8, 8-16, etc. I've seen some say you have a better chance not being a national seed, well that's bullshit because 8 teams have national seeds and 56 (!!!) others don't, so the numbers are on their side.

    All that said, regular season success will always matter because the better you do there, the easier your road is in the postseason, over time. So it does make you wonder if Bianco is playing easier schedules or something, because 'choking' really isn't a real thing.
    I’m going to be honest, I’m not following you here. Ole Miss plays in the SEC, so they could play Co-Lin for every out of conference game and still be plenty battle tested come postseason time. But, we typically play a couple premier OOC series each year, as well. Weak schedules will never be the reason Ole Miss (or MSU) ever fail in the postseason.

    As far as choking not being a real thing - agree to disagree on that one. It’s 100% a real thing in sports. Has all of it been choking? No, of course not. Some of its been bad luck, as it is baseball after all. But the choking aspect definitely plays a part, particularly when the postseason losses stack up year after year, and you can cut the tension in the stadium with a butter knife. These kids aren’t robots. They feel it. And Bianco feels it and teams typically take on the personality of their head coach.


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 047Dog View Post
    The only people who get bothered about SEC championships are the ones that talk about how Ron Polk invented baseball and pretend that the LSU of the 90s didnít exist.

    We went from 1989 to 2016 without a regular season championship and did just fine in the regionals and onto Omaha. If we had stockpiled SEC championships and nobody else made any noise then thatís one thing. But in that same period of time from 89 to present over a third of the teams in the league have won a natty.
    Only people that never played don't care about championships. You want to win them. This idea that all we're doing is playing for Omaha is the same bullshit that's driving us not pitching our best pitchers , dragging ass on getting the lineup set, & beating our chest about attendance.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by PineGroveBully View Post
    Fair points, but I’m going to push back a little. Any team that got to the CWS IS capable of winning or losing a best of 3 vs anyone in the country. We just saw it happen, that means anything could happen in the finals. Work backwards from there. A lesser team that has a bonafide ace can win that first game out of the box and has put itself in position to just need 2 of the next 4 to get to the Finals(3 of which would be elimination games where anything can happen), and they will have that ace back for one of those. If my math is right 104 teams have made the CWS since 2007 and you found 2 that “couldn’t” win it all. Yes, not likely, but stranger things have happened and baseball is the most random of all sports.

    Now to 2007, OSU won it going 5-0. They were only 10-14 in a league subpar to the league we went 15-13 in. I think our best starter was Justin Pigott that year. He was perfectly capable of winning that first game. Do that and it comes down to matchups and luck.
    Well yeah, I mean if you want to get down to it though I don’t know why you’d draw the line at Omaha. You can split hairs and say that any team that makes a Super Regional can possibly win it all, or even any team that makes a regional can win it all, and technically be right. Yeah you have times like with Fresno State and OSU where a team with a little bit talent can both go on a run and also get lucky with their draw. I mean Fresno State’s opponent in the finals was a UGA team that was no juggernaut (went 35-19 in the regular season), so they had quite a bit of good fortune. And, in spite of their seed, they were a preseason Top 25 team that had 5 MLB draft picks….so they had some talent.

    Point is, you can’t reasonably expect to win the CWS just from making Omaha. There are one or two pretenders there every year. Weird stuff does happen sometimes, but teams with holes tend to get exposed. Our 2013 team had 6 or 7 MLB players on it spread throughout both the pitching staff and position players, and still got exposed for our lack of starting pitching by the time it was all said and done.


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  38. #38
    Goat Version 372.0
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Only people that never played don't care about championships. You want to win them. This idea that all we're doing is playing for Omaha is the same bullshit that's driving us not pitching our best pitchers , dragging ass on getting the lineup set, & beating our chest about attendance.
    Only people that have never coached don't understand about development. This team needs a ton of it. The only way to do that is to put them out there and let them fail, and hope they learn by the end.


    0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  39. #39
    PineGroveBully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Back 40
    Posts
    7,776
    I said nothing about reasonably expecting to win, only that any team that has survived the regionals and super regional process can win. There is probably only 2-3 teams each year that make the CWS that expects to win it all, the others know that itíll probably take a little luck of the draw.
    When I lose my cool other guys go looking for it. - PGB


    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

  40. #40
    As mentioned we really have 3 issues to work through:

    1) left side defense which has got to get cleaned up for us to do well post season

    2) erratic pitching - the teams that make runs have two starter and 2-3 relievers locked in at this point and we scuffled last week.

    3) Offensively this team took a hit when Hatcher didnít progress and instead was mired in a season long slump. James going cold, Jordan leaving and nobody claiming LF makes the situation worse. If we pitch well we tend to find a way to score enough runs to win but we need a few guys toward the bottom to get hot


    1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Sip | T-Sip Yes | No

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SixPack Sponsors






Disclaimer: Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Mississippi State University or any other Mississippi State sports website. Neither this message board nor its rules and regulations are associated with Scottish & Newcastle PLC d/b/a Bulldog Strong Ale. The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by SixPackSpeak.com. The interactive nature of the SixPackSpeak.com Discussion Forums makes it impossible for SixPackSpeak.com to assume responsibility for any of the content, including photographs and/or images, posted by participants. The ideas, suggestions, thoughts, recommendations, opinions, comments, advice, and observations made by participants of the interactive Discussion Forums are not endorsed by SixPackSpeak.com.