Goat Version 372.0

Here are all the positives RE MSU baseball.....

First, no NEW SEC team will win the national championship. And I'd probably say it's unlikely that a new team period wins it (N.C. State). I know we all hate Vanderbilt, but MSU doesn't really lose ground if they win it all. Same with Stanford, Texas and Virginia.

And of course, WE could still win it, if my previous predictions from February bear out, where it's felt like it was just 'our time' all year long. We just had the consistent look of a national championship team.

Are people starting to see now that while we lose some studs, we will have a damn good team returning next year? James, Tanner and Clark will be the 2-3-4 guys. Forsythe and Cumbest a year better. Sims likely in a starting role. A wealth of other young pitchers, many of which helped us in the Virginia game.

The future is bright, no matter what happens in the next 6 days. Finishing 3-4 in the country matches what the 1985 team did, and this will be the 3rd time we've done that in the past 10 years. I'm going to try and just enjoy this the rest of the way.

But damn, losing would suck. #bipolar

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    More Cowbell | Less Whistle Yes | No

14 out of 15 sixpackers like this post

Goat Version 372.0
    It's hard to erase the feeling I had for about 2 hours Tuesday night. But I'm trying.

1 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    It's hard to erase the feeling I had for about 2 hours Tuesday night. But I'm trying.
    Not me. I now know exactly how new mothers feel who say the joy of holding that newborn made them forget all about the pain and suffering they went through to give birth.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Wheeler View Post
    It's hard to erase the feeling I had last night when Stanford blew it against Vandy. Damn I wanted Vandy gone.
    Last edited by wsjmsu75; 06-24-2021 at 11:18 PM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by wsjmsu75 View Post
    Ir's hard to erase the feeling I had last night when Stanford blew it against Vandy. Damn I wanted Vandy gone.
    Vandy is really good but it will be really hard for them to beat NC State right now. Hell! If we make it to the finals it will be hard for us to beat them the way they are playing. We would need our entire pitching staff throwing filthy pitches without a let up because those boys can probably knock the cover off the ball better than anyone left.