Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_4_lifes View Post
    What kinda pills you getting? and how much for them?....... Uhm......asking for a friend of a friend.
    When I had shoulder surgery, I started the first day on Lortabs. Made me nauseous and puke so I called the Dr and he wrote a script for Percocet. It made me break out in hives. The next day he prescribed Demerol, which I could take but by that time I was over the worst pain and he had given me Naproxen Sodium as a backup and it worked fine without the side effects. When people would ask about how I was doing I would relate the troubles with the pain killers as being the worst part. All a lot of them heard was this dude has a bottle of Lortabs, a bottle or Percocet, and a bottle of Demerol. Do you want to sell any of them?

Ball was down | Cajuns in town Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by 3000lbchicken View Post
    After that relax pill it will be fine. Been under 3 times.
    Watching the Blacklist on Netflix and Iím more interested in it now that I can binge. They donít make cable shows like that anymore.
    This. I don't know what's in that pill, but I was pretty calm when I took it and was down right don't give a 17 after.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    When I had shoulder surgery, I started the first day on Lortabs. Made me nauseous and puke so I called the Dr and he wrote a script for Percocet. It made me break out in hives. The next day he prescribed Demerol, which I could take but by that time I was over the worst pain and he had given me Naproxen Sodium as a backup and it worked fine without the side effects. When people would ask about how I was doing I would relate the troubles with the pain killers as being the worst part. All a lot of them heard was this dude has a bottle of Lortabs, a bottle or Percocet, and a bottle of Demerol. Do you want to sell any of them?
    I have chronic pain from spine and osteoarthritis issues. I worked with two or three pain guys until I found my current doc who has it all under control. I can't do the nerve surgery because of too much metal in my spine but he put me on a combination of a low dosage of Suboxone (a combination of Buprenorphine with Naloxone) and large dosage of Gabapentin three times a day and it keeps me functioning.

I had to drop my Suboxone during the hospital stay because of more possible surgeries and nothing else really worked. Suboxone keeps other pain meds from working. It was not a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I struggle with Osteoarthritis and have had three major surgeries over the last five years. In my experience, Percocet is the only thing that ever brought me pain relief, but there were side effects. Lortab, Vicodin, and Tramadol were essentially like taking M&Ms for me.

I try to stay away from the NSAIDS as much as possible and I really want to stay away from the opiates. But I've got to get on some kind of pain management program because the chronic pain is unrelenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    I struggle with Osteoarthritis and have had three major surgeries over the last five years. In my experience, Percocet is the only thing that ever brought me pain relief, but there were side effects. Lortab, Vicodin, and Tramadol were essentially like taking M&Ms for me.

I try to stay away from the NSAIDS as much as possible and I really want to stay away from the opiates. But I've got to get on some kind of pain management program because the chronic pain is unrelenting.
    Iíve been on Perc10 and Flexeril every since the MS State Board of Healthcare decided to put their nose into this mess. I can take a double if both and I donít even really know that Iíve taken anything. It sucks. My magic combination for what worked was Perc10 and Soma. They wonít prescribe me Soma now with any other pain meds. No matter that I had been using it for almost 10 years. Iím not sure what a long term strategy for my pain management is going to be. Nothing seems to work on my pain receptors any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_4_lifes View Post
    What kinda pills you getting? and how much for them?....... Uhm......asking for a friend of a friend.
    For my time in the hospital I started out on lortab and dilaudid. Then got moved to percs and dilaudid. Currently on percs now that Iím out.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by kb549 View Post
    Iíve been on Perc10 and Flexeril every since the MS State Board of Healthcare decided to put their nose into this mess. I can take a double if both and I donít even really know that Iíve taken anything. It sucks. My magic combination for what worked was Perc10 and Soma. They wonít prescribe me Soma now with any other pain meds. No matter that I had been using it for almost 10 years. Iím not sure what a long term strategy for my pain management is going to be. Nothing seems to work on my pain receptors any more.
    The state boards and federal war on pain pills have made it difficult for everyone simply because you can't put one rule for everyone when everyone has to find their own combination if they are on pain meds for more than a short term need. I'm one of those really odd people that not much works like it does for everyone else. I even had the genetic test to see what's effective before I got to my current doctor.

Both of you work well with Percocet when it's like taking simple Tylenol for me. I'm allergic to Codeine and Hydrocodeine as well.

Everyone is really different when it comes to pain meds.

Y'all going to try some of that medical marijuana if/when it's finally available in MS? Seems like it's at least worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by tatedog View Post
    This. I don't know what's in that pill, but I was pretty calm when I took it and was down right don't give a 17 after.
    I don't know what's in it either. The times I've gotten it, it was liquid and they administered through my IV before taking me back to surgery. One time I asked my nurse what she was doing and she told me, "I'm breaking your give a damn." It's the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    The state boards and federal war on pain pills have made it difficult for everyone
    They really are callous ass holes. I hope everyone involved in that has to go through excruciating, long term pain at some point in their life just so they can understand what they have inflicted on innocent people just because other, unrelated people like to get high.

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    The state boards and federal war on pain pills have made it difficult for everyone simply because you can't put one rule for everyone when everyone has to find their own combination if they are on pain meds for more than a short term need. I'm one of those really odd people that not much works like it does for everyone else. I even had the genetic test to see what's effective before I got to my current doctor.

Both of you work well with Percocet when it's like taking simple Tylenol for me. I'm allergic to Codeine and Hydrocodeine as well.

Everyone is really different when it comes to pain meds.
    https://ddpyoga.com/

Just sayin', it's worth a try. I had back surgery when I was younger and at one point I thought pain pills would be in my life forever. Not anymore.