Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor today from a pretty reliable source ...

is that this expansion thing isn’t over for the SEC.
    FSU and Clemson joining is is on the table with a possibility that Duke and North Carolina may be coming as well to make it a 20 team Super Conference.
    Also was told UTW and OU are going to be playing in the Conference next year - not 2025.
    If Clemson and FSU, etc join soon enough they would be part of the 2022 schedule also.
    Also look for the real possibility of a 10 game Conference schedule with 2 OOC games if we do go to the 20 team Conference.

2 out of 10 sixpackers like this post
    Is MSU | Was MSU Yes | No

That bowl game streak was nice while it lasted, unless the SEC has 15 tie ins.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    I just don’t see much benefit of FSU joining…

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    They’re going to get more tie ins.

FSU alum...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DvRhmhZU0AA8XW6.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	21188

Obviously Lee has never partied with The Machine.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

That picture is a prime example of how one kid can closely resemble only one parent while the other kid does the same for the other.

8 out of 8 sixpackers like this post

That 20-team lineup would be a great power move from the SEC. You know the Big 10 wants North Carolina and they'd probably love to have Clemson too as a counter to SEC expansion.

If we are, in fact, moving toward four major conferences,

Clemson and FSU need to stay where they are.

Admitting Duke makes no sense at all.

But, rumors are encouraged.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Damn your right. And it sucks when they are both girls... Love Bert, but man that's tough.

Clemson, UNC and call it quits

Quote Originally Posted by mcdawg22 View Post
    That bowl game streak was nice while it lasted, unless the SEC has 15 tie ins.
    If this super-conference stuff comes to fruition and more teams are added besides Texas and OU, the 5-6 win minimum to make a bowl game is going away in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    FSU alum...

He 17's cats

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Just go ahead and add 4 more [VA, West VA and Ohio State, Penn State] 4 divisions (N,S,E,W) 4 team conference title playoff. Let's see just how much 17ing money we CAN make.

That’s what you took away from that pic as a “prime example”?

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I do....a possible football win for us.

The SEC will be adding more teams. I called it last week. I expect 4 more teams minimum. Television is driving this in particular ESPN and soon the NCAA will be null and void. TV networks don't wanna pay teams like Kansas.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLee'sSocks View Post
    FSU alum...

Yep…. If you show me that picture and ask me which state that family is from…. My guesses are Florida, Alabama or Idaho.

0 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

If Clemson & FSU join, the SEC would have 14 of the top 20 revenue producing programs in the country.

I’m all for adding programs that have current SEC teams in-state (FSU, Clemson, Louisville, GT). There’s no reason UGA, FL, SC, & UK should continue to have an additional advantage over the MS schools.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Yep…. If you show me that picture and ask me which state that family is from…. My guesses are Florida, Alabama or Idaho.
    Nowhere near enough body hair on Bert or facial hair on the girls to be Idaho.

There’s enough going on there to where I was thinking Virginia

Are those 4 teams really worth an additional quarter of a billion to a network/broadcaster? Bc isnt that what you have to bring to make sure no one loses money.

And likely get rid of the 6 win requirement

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    FSU and Clemson joining is is on the table with a possibility that Duke and North Carolina may be coming as well to make it a 20 team Super Conference.
    Also was told UTW and OU are going to be playing in the Conference next year - not 2025.
    If Clemson and FSU, etc join soon enough they would be part of the 2022 schedule also.
    Also look for the real possibility of a 10 game Conference schedule with 2 OOC games if we do go to the 20 team Conference.

That's an interesting rumor.

I have no doubt that the long-term plan is to break away from the NCAA, so the SEC will continue to poach schools from other conferences until the SEC is large enough to break away from the NCAA.

The SEC's next move should be designed to cripple the ACC and the B1G.

For example: add 4 teams, 2 from the ACC and 2 from the B1G.

If the SEC could pull Notre Dame and North Carolina (or, Duke) from the ACC and Ohio State and Michigan from the B1G in the next expansion, then that would really hurt those conferences.

Alternatively, the SEC could band together with the ACC and B1G and leave the NCAA to form a new college athletics association.

The more the merrier. I wouldn't worry about the bowl streak. There will be more bowl tie ins, more money, and we got the Pirate. THE Pirate!!!

In 3 years we'll be steam rolling the 20to34-team SEC Super Conference. Enjoy the ride. Hail State!!!

P.S. - please tell us more about the reliability of these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    I would guess the most likely place for this to land isn’t 4 super conferences that play each other in a big tournament. The difference between the haves and have nots is about to be extraordinarily big. The SEC would dominate every year, even more than it already does. The money is just too big.

The NIL ruling will be the death of the NCAA for major sports in the SEC. It was the only way it could go if they didn’t address the discrepancy in compensation between players and everyone else involved.

I believe the SEC will take all the cash in the new league and institute some sort of pro-competition rules that spread the money and the talent around better. A league in which a couple of teams can attract players with millions of dollars and others can’t isn’t going to be a lot of fun for anybody.

We’re watching the last season of CFB as we have known it this year. By 2025, it’s all going to be different.

I believe this as well.

It’s Goat….again.
    I don't think this will happen. The Big 12 got raided because it was extremely wobbly from the very beginning. This craziness won't continue.

You won't see the PAC-12 or B1G lose anyone, they are likely to form an alliance. While I do think the B1G has made some iffy decisions, I do think they'll survive.

This ACC commissioner now gets to prove he is worth all the hoopla. If he does, that conference will continue to be strong.

Truth be known it's not ACC vs. B1G.

0 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by 8dog View Post
    Are those 4 teams really worth an additional quarter of a billion to a network/broadcaster? Bc isnt that what you have to brwing to make sure no one loses money.
    ESPN has already told the SEC that they will extend an equal share to any A list teams the SEC wishes to add. They are the one pushing for this super conference. So adding teams will not cost the SEC or any SEC team one penny.

Do people realize that if you put all the "good" teams in one conference and make them play each other, somebody has to lose?
    -VH

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

It will be fewer than 4 major conferences. If Sankey has his way, it may be just one.

Sort of the point

I'm trying to make about Clemson and FSU staying put.

There only so many really good programs out there.

Going to need some balance, to have a viable long term good product.
    Jack may be gone, but he is "EVER PRESENT"

Agreed, I don't think the path it's on now is sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by vhdawg View Post
    Do people realize that if you put all the "good" teams in one conference and make them play each other, somebody has to lose?
    The Rising-Saban Tide will raise all boats. And we're riding in the PIRATE SHIP! Grapple, Board, and PLUNDER!

I heard something vastly different. NC State is the one we are after. That would be the quickest way to expand the SEC footprint. North Carolina is the 9th most populated state in the US. That's the most important thing for money.

Lastly, the borderline Ivy League schools in the ACC (like Duke, NC and WF) would likely not join. Football isn't their biggest driver of money and prestige.

As great as Clemson and FSU are, they wouldn't add much to the SEC in terms of TV money.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I just don’t want it to get so filled with blue bloods that all the new blue bloods kick the old traditional members out

Quote Originally Posted by aTotal360 View Post
    As great as Clemson and FSU are, they wouldn't add much to the SEC in terms of TV money.
    This is a fact. While Clemson has done well enough in the ratings during the postseason (when they play Alabama), their regular season television ratings are worse than ours.

I imagine future NC games will have 1-2 loss teams and be a rematch of the SECCG often.

I don't look forward to being a punching bag in a conference top-heavy with blue bloods.

And we already have that market covered. Same with FSU.
    90 percent of college football teams do not cheat...the other 10 percent are ranked.

Then ask it the other way. Does espn really want to pay $250 mill for those schools? And as we get bigger you can bet espn is gonna get rid of State vs La Tech, Bama vs Georgia St, etc.