Season ticket sales must not have gone great..

Single game tickets now on sale and there are A LOT of good seats available for our biggest home games. I'm talking lower level at midfield. In the past the only availability would ordinarily be in the corners or the upper deck.

Combination of many many things I'm well aware, but still a little jarring to see.

Ball was down | Cajuns in town Yes | No

Just a note you will have to pay single game bulldawg club donation. In the past that's the way it has been. I was in section 04 and the seat next to me was empty. I bought the ticket for a few games and had to pay an additional bulldawg club donation. That's the way it was. It might not be that way now. I moved to another section.

Only added fee is a $4 ticket fee. They're still pretty pricey for the good seats. I'm betting those prices come down in the next month or so.

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Is it official that the UK game is the CWS National Championship Ring/Recognize the team game?

I noticed that too. Blame it on covid, SEC network, or whatever… but less and less people seem to be willing to pay these asinine costs by the year.

$4k for tickets + another $1k per weekend on hotel, food, and gas…. You could just about buy a place on Heber and put a good boat on the dock for this kinda money

Hates Memphis

They do the fans no favors that's for sure.

Charging Alabama ticket prices for Mississippi State's product. It's just not worth it. And I'd say alot of the middle class section of the fanbase (myself included who can't buy season tickets to every sport) would now rather set aside some cash for baseball games and lodging. It all comes down to bang for your buck. I'm not going to Perkins to buy a Ruth's Chris priced steak.

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Wenneck View Post
    Charging Alabama ticket prices for Mississippi State's product. It's just not worth it. And I'd say alot of the middle class section of the fanbase (myself included who can't buy season tickets to every sport) would now rather set aside some cash for baseball games and lodging. It all comes down to bang for your buck. I'm not going to Perkins to buy a Ruth's Chris priced steak.
    Yeah that part's not true. It's certainly expensive, but it's reasonably priced in comparison to Alabama and others. MSU is not doing anything outside of the ordinary. It's the price of doing business now.
    Last edited by Smoked Toag; 08-04-2021 at 12:32 PM.

2 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Yes KY is the ring presentation and they are only charging $21/ticket for that one according to the email I got yesterday. The AL game will be a home game for them once all of the Meridian Bammer fans and WalMart AL shirt buyers buy up the leftover tickets.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

You can get MSU season tickets for all 7 home games for $225. Good luck getting Bama season tickets for that price.

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    Only added fee is a $4 ticket fee. They're still pretty pricey for the good seats. I'm betting those prices come down in the next month or so.
    Well it is less expensive to buy all seven home games in section 05 than to buy the season tickets in section 05 because no bulldawg club donation. 400.00 per seat bulldawg contribution in section 5 vs 5.00 per ticket. I have not done the math but I think I will next season before I buy season tickets. (They might have jacked up the price for the tickets to include the donation.)
    Last edited by GloryDawg; 08-04-2021 at 01:07 PM.

there will be a lot of LSU and Alabama fans sitting lower level west side.

One month to kickoff. As of 8am this morning only 43% of Mississippi adults are vaccinated. Does anyone think it's a good idea to have 60k fans at Davis Wade?
    Last edited by Quincy A. Wagstaff; 08-04-2021 at 01:22 PM.

3 out of 12 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Wenneck View Post

Bama Season tickets start at $400 a seat before required donations. And you need years worth of points and donations to move up their waiting list.
    Ole Miss Season tickets are $199 each - but require a $500 donation - so $699 total.

We can't give them away at $225. the only SEC school less expensive than MSU is Vandy - at $175 a seat.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bama Season tickets start at $400 a seat before required donations. And you need years worth of points and donations to move up their waiting list.
    Ole Miss Season tickets are $199 each - but require a $500 donation - so $699 total.

We can't give them away at $225. the only SEC school less expensive than MSU is Vandy - at $175 a seat.
    you should expect to pay that to see CFB greatest coach and some of the best teams to ever play

Congrats for finding the one thread without a vax mention and correcting that wrong. Well done.**

10 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

With their prices, its WAY cheaper to pick the 4 home games you want to attend, purchase secondary market tickets in the nose bleeds, and go sit wherever there are open seats on the lower level.

And trust me there will be plenty of open seats on the lower levels. Some games you will be able to find lower level seats an hour before the game for even cheaper.

Hey John, lower the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy A. Wagstaff View Post
    One month to kickoff. As of 8am this morning only 43% of Mississippi adults are vaccinated. Does anyone think it's a good idea to have 60k fans at Davis Wade?
    Sure… we distributed close to 200,000 southern border migrants throughout the country over the past couple months with unknown status.

Thousands that were verified that were Covid positive were sent to McAllen, TX in the past month.

Id be fine with it. Don’t see what’s different about Starkville.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG61 View Post
    Good luck getting Bama season tickets for that price.

just thinking of how dumb it is to pay thousands of dollars to watch a game you can see on tv. Even Alabama games.

Go to one game a year, get your fix. Then use the money to invest in a home and/or boat at Smith Lake and STILL Watch the game.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic_Objurgator View Post
    you should expect to pay that to see CFB greatest coach and some of the best teams to ever play
    I'm surprised they don't charge more. But the fact remains, we aren't charging outrageous prices for season tickets. Now, I could understand someone paying $10k for a skybox + $ for seats feeling like they aren't getting a value or their monies worth. But too many of our poor mouth fans still believe its 1980 and they should be able to get 50 yard line seats for $10 a pop. It's one of those lasting poor Ol MSU attitudes that just needs to die.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

What annoys me is that for 10 years I've had the same BDC parking lot, and every year I request a few different lots that would work better for me. My rank has climbed about 3000 spots, we've now gone through 2 seasons of lower ticket sales, but apparently they still can't find another parking lot for me.

I understand I'm just another peon, but wonder what it actually takes to get anything other than lot 36. I've called, emailed, made notes on my ticket orders. Nothing works.

It’s Goat….again.
    I feel absolutely no guilt at all about it. I'll be there.

Hates Memphis

Well yeah they're cheap this year since they can't get rid of them.

But it's a bed that's been made for the past several years. Covid just set it to it's boiling point. I was loyal for the last 20 years consecutively and that includes Jackie's last 3 seasons and the whole tenures of Croom and Moorhead. I won't discredit Mullen because no doubt I had a good time during parts of his run. I wouldn't have traded season tickets to those 2014 games for anything. Covid just helped change priorities. I learned I can be content in front of the tube every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    just thinking of how dumb it is to pay thousands of dollars to watch a game you can see on tv. Even Alabama games.
    It depends on how much you value the experience. I like to go to the games because I like to tailgate, see old friends, listen to the band, smell the food, and hear the roar of the crowd. That's why people go to the games. And it's only seven times a year you get to do that.

I personally think it's dumb to buy a home at Smith Lake but I wouldn't project that onto you because you may value it differently.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I think it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kired View Post
    What annoys me is that for 10 years I've had the same BDC parking lot, and every year I request a few different lots that would work better for me. My rank has climbed about 3000 spots, we've now gone through 2 seasons of lower ticket sales, but apparently they still can't find another parking lot for me.

I understand I'm just another peon, but wonder what it actually takes to get anything other than lot 36. I've called, emailed, made notes on my ticket orders. Nothing works.
    I dunno, I was able to call and upgrade my parking pass this year.

I never had a parking pass until 2018 season. I was on a waiting list for a couple years and they called me one day and gave me the choice of about 5 or 6 lots. I told a friend about it and in 2019 he requested one and same thing, had multiple lots to choose from. My rank isn't high at all, like #4400 or so you aren't getting through to them some how.
    The poster formerly known as: dawgebag

I haven't seen any pro or college football team say they won't be at 100% capacity. You may see mask requirements but I am not expecting attendance restrictions.

That said, I'm not expecting a packed house when we play LA Tech on September 5th in the scorching heat that afternoon. There may not be 30,000 actual butts in seats if masks are required on top of those other factors.

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    It depends on how much you value the experience. I like to go to the games because I like to tailgate, see old friends, listen to the band, smell the food, and hear the roar of the crowd. That's why people go to the games. And it's only seven times a year you get to do that.

I personally think it's dumb to buy a home at Smith Lake but I wouldn't project that onto you because you may value it differently.
    Mississippi people love to toss their money away out-of-state, then brag about it to their friends on social media. It's the thing to do. Do you even Pinelake bro?
    Last edited by Smoked Toag; 08-04-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    Well it is less expensive to buy all seven home games in section 05 than to buy the season tickets in section 05 because no bulldawg club donation. 400.00 per seat bulldawg contribution in section 5 vs 5.00 per ticket. I have not done the math but I think I will next season before I buy season tickets. (They might have jacked up the price for the tickets to include the donation.)
    Why would you spell it "bulldawg"? Are you Michael Wardlow?
    -VH

But too many of our poor mouth fans still believe its 1980 and they should be able to get 50 yard line seats for $10 a pop. It's one of those lasting poor Ol MSU attitudes that just needs to die.
    Serious discussion here.... why can't the school charge $10 a pop and fill up the stadium? They certainly can if they want. Because 1. They are taking in $100million more per year than they did in 1980.

also, what has changed about the stadium (bleacher seats) and product on the field since 1980?
    There is a video board for replays. Ok. We pass the ball more. Ok. Are those two things worth $60-80 more a person per game?

The salary of the coaching staff for one.
    "At South Panola we still honor what the word commitment means"-Lance Pogue

Quote Originally Posted by HD6 View Post
    The salary of the coaching staff for one.
    The coaching staff isn't making $100 million more per year than the 1980 staff. Maybe the HC makes 4.8 more.....but...

Leach is only making 500K more than Mullen did in 16-17. State's revenue has increased $18 million per year since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUDC11 View Post
    I haven't seen any pro or college football team say they won't be at 100% capacity. You may see mask requirements but I am not expecting attendance restrictions.

That said, I'm not expecting a packed house when we play LA Tech on September 5th in the scorching heat that afternoon. There may not be 30,000 actual butts in seats if masks are required on top of those other factors.
    This is my point. If the pandemic were still the dire situation that some would have you believe, it doesn't seem to make sense to allow 60k in a stadium in a town of 20-25k population with a statewide vaccination rate below 45%. I hope people will go on record and say they don't think there should be fans at football games. I would disagree, but at least we would have a better idea just how serious they really think the current situation is.

Unless things have changed since I last had season tickets in 2018, the seat fee varied on how "good" the seat was. Club Level seats on the east side were almost $2000/seat, plus the cost of the ticket. For the seat fee, you got food, drink, and other snacks, plus a heated and cooled space to get away from the weather. But some of the seats were inside of the goal line, some on the 50. It depended on how much you were willing to commit, so in effect, the seat fee was much higher to get a good seat. Parking, regardless of where your seats were, was on top of all that. I think it was $30/game at the time. Bleacher seats on the west side on the 50 were around $500/seat as I recall.

Time to rip all the bleachers out of the bottom and put in seats. Nothing worse than getting a lard ass that takes 2 spots pushing you out of your seats.

Doesn’t Like Tennessee
    Maybe football losing some of its luster? Combination of Bama fatigue, baseball hangover, and a lack of belief that Leach can win big in the SEC? Just a guess.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by vhdawg View Post
    Why would you spell it "bulldawg"? Are you Michael Wardlow?
    Because I can.

They're not too far from that right now. Just checked and cheapest ticket to LA Tech, NC State and LSU was $15, $10 and $40.

It's pretty serious. ICUs are overflowing again and deaths are ticking upwards. I seriously doubt this wave will be as bad as the last one was, but we're definitely in the early stages of the second wave of this.

This should absolutely be next on the list. I'm sure whoever makes money off those cheap chairbacks is campaigning hard against this, but there's really no reason to put it off any longer.