Thread: Spurrier Jr

Spurrier Jr

Was just listening to him on Matt Wyatt show and was thinking he would make a great head coach when Leach decides to sail off into the sunset. Between his time with Leach and his dad's Fun and Gun he has to have accumulated some serious offensive play concepts.

Ball was down | Cajuns in town Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    Was just listening to him on Matt Wyatt show and was thinking he would make a great head coach when Leach decides to sail off into the sunset. Between his time with Leach and his dad's Fun and Gun he has to have accumulated some serious offensive play concepts.
    Because of what he said on the radio?

There is probably a reason he's a position coach.

4 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Sirmon had great interviews while he was here too.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It seems equally negligent to decide there's some 'reason' he's a position coach based on information you've read about him... unless you know him personally, I guess. Do you?

4 out of 11 sixpackers like this post

Likes Custom Titles CochiseCowbell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HumpDawgy View Post

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

It’s Goat….again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Because of what he said on the radio?

There is probably a reason he's a position coach.
    Assuming Leach stays here another 5-6 years or so, and also assuming he's successful, I don't see why this idea would be so far out of left field, unless maybe Arnett has also stayed and he wanted the job. Hughes isn't going to get it. No better way to keep the same program going than to hire the protege, which by then, he would have proven to be one. It's not like there is another Leach around the corner.

I don't see anywhere in his career that would scream 'failure'. Leach runs the offense in a weird way, as he is the OC and playcaller and everybody else are position assistants, so it stands to reason that SSJ would not have the OC title right now, but pretty obvious he's the #2 in command.

2 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Junction John View Post
    It seems equally negligent to decide there's some 'reason' he's a position coach based on information you've read about him... unless you know him personally, I guess. Do you?
    He's been in the biz 20+ years and no head coaching position on his resume.

2 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by HumpDawgy View Post
    don’t forget about everyone giddy over Moorehead’s videos explaining his offense

Well damn, I need to talk to my boss. I should've been president of the company by now.

8 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

DOWNVOTE AWAY ASSHOLES!!!!!1!!!!

4 out of 13 sixpackers like this post

There's no #2 on the Pirate ship. Leach or sink.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Well damn, I need to talk to my boss. I should've been president of the company by now.
    Since you know you, why aren't you?

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Good point Ralph! He has been exposed to two of the greatest offensive minds in college football. Sorry you had folks arguing over your suggestion but that is the way of SPS.

5 out of 7 sixpackers like this post

That and "I hope you know your ring size".
    I've polished a seat in every SEC football stadium with my butt.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Yeah...you guys are probly right. Be much smarter to bring in UAB or La Techs head coach than have continuity. And I suppose if he knew anything about offense he would be a head coach at Fordham or somewhere like that***

4 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

Did you just "I'm rubber-you're glue" me?

3 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I'm hoping there won't be any reason to discuss "the next coach" for at least the next several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    Our next head coach needs to have an edge along with personality. I think that person is on staff & it's not Arnett or Spurrier

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

It will sink.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Sirmon was worse than terrible as a dc and assistant coach. Spurrier seems good at his job

Ten ton titties Matt Luke was a continuity hire... It's always going to be a crapshoot. You need a recruiter, disciplinarian, coach em' upper, and that little magic sauce where everyone believes in them.

Coaches son is a risky business... For every Kyle Shanahan, you get a David or Mike Shula.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    DOWNVOTE AWAY ASSHOLES!!!!!1!!!!

Name:  downvote 6.gif
Views: 567
Size:  992.6 KB

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

THREAD HIJACK: TEN TON TITTIES Matt Luke! blahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Well done sir, very well done LOL!!! Imma use that fo sho!

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post