Oak Grove 27 Greenville Christian 26 at the Half

Best in MHSAA vs best in MAIS. Almost certainly the strongest teams to ever play in a Mississippi public vs private school game.

You can watch it live here with really good commentators for a HS game...

https://oakgrovewarriors.live/watch-live/

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Beat NC State | Cheated NC State Yes | No

Uhhhhhh you donít say? Itís a freakiní public school team full of all-stars!

1 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Definitely the best MAIS team because itís a damn all star team made up of transfers from MHSAA schiools.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

[FONT="]GCS gets a safety when Warriors are called for holding in their own end zone. 536 to play 3Q, Saints 28, OG 27.‚ÄĒ Stan Caldwell (@StanMan1717) September 18, 2021 [/FONT]
    "We could certainly do worse, and knowing Mississippi, we probably will." ó johnson86-1, August 18, 2020

"Weíve been social distancing for years. But we do sell beer." ó OneParticularHarbor, May 12, 2020

Big #2 for Greenville is Jackie's kind of back. Reminds me of Bouie.

GC 48 Oak Grove 41 Final

Ends Oak Grove 15 game winning streak.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Upyurs View Post
    Definitely the best MAIS team because itís a damn all star team made up of transfers from MHSAA schiools.
    Most transfers from Public to Private are guys who don't start on their public school team. Might not be the case here. I do not know. My understanding there is only 35 guys on their roster meaning many are going both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    Most transfers from Public to Private are guys who don't start on their public school team. Might not be the case here. I do not know. My understanding there is only 35 guys on their roster meaning many are going both ways.
    They really are basically a Delta All Star team. Put 625 yards on the defending 6A state champs on their home field. They have no kicking game at all and it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    They really are basically a Delta All Star team. Put 625 yards on the defending 6A state champs on their home field. They have no kicking game at all and it doesn't matter.
    I wasn't trying to take anything away from them and they probably are the best 35 football players in the Delta. Just historically usually guys transfer from public to private in order to get on the field.

I wonder how many guys GC has playing both ways and how many Oak Grove is playing both ways?

Quote Originally Posted by GloryDawg View Post
    I wasn't trying to take anything away from them and they probably are the best 35 football players in the Delta. Just historically usually guys transfer from public to private in order to get on the field.
    I'm not taking anything away either. The team is basically a product of the pandemic. Guys weren't able to play on their HS teams last year and GC gave them a place to play.

When I was is HS Greenville Christian was a cupcake. So strange seeing them beat Oak Grove.

Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    Youíve got to give their coaching staff some credit here. What all schools did they pull from? Recently, no public school football team in the Delta has made any noise when it comes time to play other schools across the state besides Charleston.

One sentence hot takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    Youíve got to give their coaching staff some credit here. What all schools did they pull from? Recently, no public school football team in the Delta has made any noise when it comes time to play other schools across the state besides Charleston.
    And Charleston ran their coach off because of his color.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem For A Dawg View Post
    You’ve got to give their coaching staff some credit here. What all schools did they pull from? Recently, no public school football team in the Delta has made any noise when it comes time to play other schools across the state besides Charleston.
    My understanding is that the roster is mostly Greenville and Greenwood guys. The top talent on the team is QB DJ Smith who accounted for over 400 yards and 6 TDs against Oak Grove, WR Chris Bell, LB JD Stewart and DB Jaterrious Elam. Smith, Stewart and Elam are from Greenwood. Bell is from Yazoo City. Smith has multiple D1 offers including USM, Stewart and Bell are USM commits and Elam has committed to State. That's a serious amount of top end college talent on a single HS team.