Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I mean they most likely have a better team than us this year but I don't feel "inferior". That said, this board is going to be a really uncomfortable place in a couple of weeks if we continue to struggle and they pull off the upset in Tuscaloosa. For everyone's sanity I sincerely hope we start to pick it up and Saban gives them a reality check.

Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

Welcome to reality. States football program is 13 out of 14 in the SEC in historical success.

I was about to post this for the OP but then I saw Drebin's SOS smack and got distracted. Rookie mistake.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    Or, you know, you could look at this intelligently and explain why drawing Tennessee and Vandy (teams that will finish 6 and 7 in their division) from the East, along with a more-down-than-normal SEC West and four OOC cupcakes is such a daunting schedule.

SP+ had us as a top ten team all year in 2018 and we knew better. It's flawed and always has been. That it has Tennessee ranked 28 is a joke and anyone with eyeballs and a shred of intelligence knows it. Everyone talks up Liberty because of the Hugh Freeze thing....but they'll hang 60 on Liberty. Just like they did on Tulane who is overvalued just because Oklahoma had a shitty day against them. Louisville is a terrible football team - NC State is much better.

In your rush to fellate Ole Miss you have lost all measure of common sense here.
    It is not the normal SECW schedule for sure, but it's still not shit. It's tougher than most P5 teams will play, even while also being a good bit easier than probably Ole Miss or MSU have gotten to play in the last, what, decade? It's a shame we are sucking when the SECW is actually down for once. I can't remember the last time there weren't two top ten if not top five caliber teams in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateDawg View Post
    I think our defense is playing great ball. 14 points by Mempho were not their fault. The offense is getting better based on what I am seeing. I just think we are being too conservative with the play calling on offense.
    Actually, 17. Memphis was set up for their end of game field goal by the on side kick. Pretty sure the defense didn't give them a first down there. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson86-1 View Post
    It is not the normal SECW schedule for sure, but it's still not shit. It's tougher than most P5 teams will play, even while also being a good bit easier than probably Ole Miss or MSU have gotten to play in the last, what, decade? It's a shame we are sucking when the SECW is actually down for once. I can't remember the last time there weren't two top ten if not top five caliber teams in the West.
    There are still two top 10 teams in the West currently. A&M is also knocking on the door of the Top 5.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    I know it's been along time since I've lived in Mississippi but damn so many of our fans can't eat, sleep, or function if they don't think their privates measure up against what they think Ole Miss has. I hate to say it but there are a ton of RebSharks who feel the same.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    Quote Originally Posted by Arloguthrie View Post
    I was about to post this for the OP but then I saw Drebin's SOS smack and got distracted. Rookie mistake.
    That's funny.

Name:  bear-nuts.gif
Views: 275
Size:  1.59 MB

There's a bunch of guys on this board who can hook you up with a "golden corral" shirt or "Joey freshwater" jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedMaroonDawg View Post
    I know it's been along time since I've lived in Mississippi but damn so many of our fans can't eat, sleep, or function if they don't think their privates measure up against what they think Ole Miss has. I hate to say it but there are a ton of RebSharks who feel the same.
    You’re 100% right, on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Budaw View Post
    There are still two top 10 teams in the West currently. A&M is also knocking on the door of the Top 5.
    I was not counting A&M as a top-10 caliber team, but that may have been putting too much emphasis on their performance against Colorado and assuming they didn't have a quarterback. If A&M is actually a top ten team, then this year won't be that different. If Arkansas and Ole Miss are both actually legit, then it will be pretty standard except that Arkansas and Ole Miss will have sort of taken the place of LSU and Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    In football, since the end of the Croom era. It's been a good run. I don't really like having this feeling. I hope it changes back to the better soon.
    Just go get some vinegar and water and rinse the sand out of your vagina...***

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    I warned people about this many times. I said it was a damn good thing we got that elusive baseball natty when we did because the fall wasn't going to be pretty. And nobody likes it, hell I know I don't. And it's getting very uneasy, because like Bo Bounds said, there aren't really any elite teams out there this year and even Bama is wobbly.
    If you are basing your opinion upon anything Bo Bounds says, you need to do more research. No Bounds bends over for the Barney Rubbles. In my opinion, Bo is a total douchebag and lacks any credibility at all. He is supposedly an MSU guy, but his schtick confirms otherwise. He is the worst kind of MSU person. Does the term “Benedict Arnold” register with anyone here. I can’t stand Bo Bounds-but that’s probably just me....

Baseball- Wasn't Ole Miss ranked #1 and we were playing like ass in March?

I've been watching Rebel football for over 50 years. They play well against crappy teams in September, then you hear them saying, "We're back in the upper echelon!"...only to crash down after losses to Bammer, LSU, A&M, and State.