Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Itís GoatÖ.again.

No one talking about Brad Bohannon ripping on Starkville?

....and crying about scholarships?

https://tide1009.com/coach-brad-boha...hip-situation/

I can't say he's wrong, but definitely a crybaby prick. Cheap tuition is definitely our advantage, and Alabama's/Auburn's higher tuition is their cross to bear. One day when we have a bigger economy and our tuition rises in comparison to other states', we will deal with that problem as it comes. And it'll probably mean our football team is better, due to additional resources.
    Last edited by Smoked Toag; 09-20-2021 at 11:09 AM.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post
    Beat NC State | Cheated NC State Yes | No

I had to click on the link to find out who Brad Bohannon is. So to answer your question, "no."

9 out of 9 sixpackers like this post

I also had to look up who that was.

My thoughts?

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

I saw this clip. I see plenty of kids coming to Starkville because they want to play in the MLB one day, Brad. What are you using to see kids on Tuscaloosa again?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post

I can't say he's wrong, but definitely a crybaby prick. Cheap tuition is definitely our advantage, and Alabama's/Auburn's higher tuition is their cross to bear. One day when we have a bigger economy and our tuition rises in comparison to other states', we will deal with that problem as it comes. And it'll probably mean our football team is better, due to additional resources.
    Didnít listen but
    Alabamaís tuition is only about $6,000 per semester.

17 him. He acts like AL didn't invent college sports inequity.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

I'll talk about "Bo".

I'll say that I'm overjoyed to know that our longtime and geographically closest SEC rival has a whining baseball HC who isn't intelligent enough to realize the shit he's heaping at our success should be directed at his own administration and program. Keep focusing on the wrong shit "Bo" and we'll keep sweeping your ass on your home field, winning Natty's, and wishing we had a Target.

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

Feels good to be hated.

If he ever get's Saban to advise him on scholly's......we're all 17ed

Quote Originally Posted by She Mate Me View Post
    I'll talk about "Bo".

I'll say that I'm overjoyed to know that our longtime and geographically closest SEC rival has a whining baseball HC who isn't intelligent enough to realize the shit he's heaping at our success should be directed at his own administration and program. Keep focusing on the wrong shit "Bo" and we'll keep sweeping your ass on your home field, winning Natty's, and wishing we had a Target.

All-Time SEC Standings

Team Games Won Lost Tied Pct.
    Florida 1708 1027 679 2 .601
    South Carolina 817 457 359 1 .559
    LSU 1776 985 782 9 .555
    Mississippi State 1784 958 823 3 .537
    Texas A&M 207 110 96 1 .531
    Alabama 1810 959 846 5 .530
    Auburn 1769 914 851 3 .517
    Arkansas 810 417 393 0 .515
    Ole Miss 1810 849 959 2 .469
    Georgia 1762 823 935 4 .467
    Tennessee 1654 746 907 1 .451
    Kentucky 1710 729 973 8 .426
    Vanderbilt 1622 691 921 10 .426

It's interesting how the program with all these disadvantages is one of the the all time SEC wins leaders.
    Last edited by tatedog; 09-20-2021 at 11:26 AM.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 57stratdawg View Post
    I saw this clip. I see plenty of kids coming to Starkville because they want to play in the MLB one day, Brad. What are you using to see kids on Tuscaloosa again?
    People act like you can just snap your fingers and get people interested in a baseball program. You see it all the time, "Well, such and such didn't care about baseball until such and such". Well that is their problem, programs are not built over night. It took LSU having a revolutionary coach (who killed many arms) and winning natties at a 50% clip for decade to build their fanbase. It took us 40 years, with no natties. Arkansas was built in much the same way ours' was. Ole Miss' was built on a lot of jealousy and a solid decade of hosting regionals. And it's not like Alabama hasn't been good, they've had a couple of runner up finishes in their history, but they just never moved the needle. Florida has a ton of history but their fanbase still doesn't care.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

And there is way more baseball talent in AL. Tuition for instate at AL is about $1800 more than State. Its hard to believe a guy in his position could have such an uneducated take. He did that rant to get alums to give NIL dollars but he said some dumb stuff in the process
    Last edited by 8dog; 09-20-2021 at 11:32 AM.

He's100% wrong in saying MSU has an advantage over Bama. The average GPA at Bama and MSU aren't that different. I'd bet the average GPA on the baseball team is damn near the same if not higher for MSU.

Is he trying to say if top recruit was considering Bama and MSU that Bama might not take that recruit due to grades? Sounds like thats what he is "trying" to say which makes him dumb for believing that or dumb for not taking the recruit. I can assure you Bama would find a way to get him enrolled if they wanted him.

Also pretty dumb of him to say publicly that his school doesn't relate to earning NIL money for baseball players. Gotta be fantastic for recruiting.

2 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Clearly its not NIL money.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    He's100% wrong in saying MSU has an advantage over Bama. The average GPA at Bama and MSU aren't that different. I'd bet the average GPA on the baseball team is damn near the same if not higher for MSU.

Is he trying to say if top recruit was considering Bama and MSU that Bama might not take that recruit due to grades? Sounds like thats what he is "trying" to say which makes him dumb for believing that or dumb for not taking the recruit. I can assure you Bama would find a way to get him enrolled if they wanted him.

Also pretty dumb of him to say publicly that his school doesn't relate to earning NIL money for baseball players. Gotta be fantastic for recruiting.
    Yeah, these are things a coach with one foot out the door says.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    The funniest thing to me is that he was saying none of his players have sniffed a NIL offer. That's quite a comment to make about your own program.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

He can certainly complain, because being in this division with the existing scholarship/NIL rules is an almost impossible situation for Bama and Auburn.

But as far as the dig at Starkville- if given the option to leave Alabama today and be our head coach, heíd take it and move his family to Starkville with zero hesitation. So thatís just him being a whiny bitch.

One sentence hot takes.
    BAMA is a Football School.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

If State has such an advantage because of in-state students, how does that explain us pulling kids out of Alabama? Maybe Brad should spend a little time looking into that, instead of giving his closest SEC opponent some epic bulletin board material.

He's just jealous which actually makes me feel good because that means we're doing something right.

Who in the blue hell is Brad Bohannon??

Oh wait, never mind, Hell on Wheels was a great show.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Itís GoatÖ.again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
    If State has such an advantage because of in-state students, how does that explain us pulling kids out of Alabama? Maybe Brad should spend a little time looking into that, instead of giving his closest SEC opponent some epic bulletin board material.
    That's his point, we waive OOS tuition and it ends up being cheaper for the Alabama players to come to MSU. No idea if we actually do that for them, but that's what he's trying to convey.

1 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

That's his point, we waive OOS tuition and it ends up being cheaper for the Alabama players to come to MSU. No idea if we actually do that for them, but that's what he's trying to convey.
    I didn't see it that way. I see it as in-state tuition being cheap in Mississippi and everyone with a pulse can get in at MSU, so it's easier for us. If he's suggesting that we are pulling kids out of Alabama and waiving in-state tuition for purposes of baseball, he's even more of a moron than I thought.

I didn't see it that way. I see it as in-state tuition being cheap in Mississippi and everyone with a pulse can get in at MSU, so it's easier for us. If he's suggesting that we are pulling kids out of Alabama and waiving in-state tuition for purposes of baseball, he's even more of a moron than I thought.
    that's exactly what we are able to do. goat is right for once.

We waive out of state for a lot of kids in the Panhandle. I donít know what their scores are or anything but I know itís made an impact because we have done well with Santa Rosa county.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    that's exactly what we are able to do. goat is right for once.
    We waive out of state tuition for a lot of reasons - the most prominent one I'm aware of is the child-of-a-veteran waiver. I doubt seriously that we're waiving it strictly to get baseball players here. That doesn't mean one may not get a waiver for another reason, but just to play baseball?

I'm glad to admit if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that would be a recruiting violation.

We waive out of state tuition for a lot of reasons - the most prominent one I'm aware of is the child-of-a-veteran waiver. I doubt seriously that we're waiving it strictly to get baseball players here. That doesn't mean one may not get a waiver for another reason, but just to play baseball?

I'm glad to admit if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that would be a recruiting violation.
    I get what you are saying, but it's just semantics. The reality is, we are able to waive out of state tuition for our baseball players and Alabama/AU can't.

I doubt there are very many MSU freshmen paying out of state tuition at all, student athlete or not. The criteria to get it waived use to be rather low; like a 3.0 GPA and a 20 (22?) ACT. I'm also pretty confident the University considers certain out of state population basically in-state anyway.

That mean he was originally from Meridian?
    https://hellonwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Meridian

Why canít Alabama and auburn wave out of state tuition?

Pretty sure Bohannon was complaining about how easy it is to get out of state tuition waived at MSU. Not sure of all the circumstances in which State grants such a waiver, but I did find this on the Interwebs:

Institutions of Higher Learning (College Board) and University Policies Concerning Nonresident Tuition.

In addition to state laws and regulations, the University has established certain IHL Board approved regulations concerning the payment of non-resident tuition. Mississippi State University (except the College of Veterinary Medicine) may waive a percentage of the non-resident tuition for the following groups of students:

1. Those who are currently awarded athletic scholarships.

I doubt there are very many MSU freshmen paying out of state tuition at all, student athlete or not. The criteria to get it waived use to be rather low; like a 3.0 GPA and a 20 (22?) ACT. I'm also pretty confident the University considers certain out of state population basically in-state anyway.
    Itís not difficult to get out of state tuition waived. Iím from Tampa and I initially talked to state about playing baseball and out of state tuition was going to be waved. The baseball thing didnít work out at state but I eventually transferred to state and was able to get out of state tuition waived for academic reasons.

Twitter
    @stephenedavis
    I have a HARD time feeling sorry for any athletic program at Alabama. Their QB could pay tuition for the entire baseball team and still have tons of money left over and with NIL no Bama athlete will ever have to pay for school.

That's just reported.

Give me a couple of million and I will try to get the feels.

Athletic Revenue per SEC school (with national ranking).

• No. 2 — Texas A&M — $211,960,034
    • No. 5 — Alabama — $174,307,419
    • No. 6 — Georgia — $157,852,479
    • No. 8 — Florida — $149,165,475
    • No. 9 — LSU — $147,744,233
    • No. 10 — Auburn — $147,511,034
    • No. 11 — Tennessee — $145,653,191
    • No. 16 — South Carolina — $136,032,845
    • No. 17 — Kentucky — $130,706,744
    • No. 19 — Arkansas — $129,680,808
    • No. 24 — Ole Miss — $117,834,511
    • No. 31 — Mississippi State — $100,062,237
    • No. 32 — Missouri — $97,848,195
    • Vanderbilt does not disclose financial information

Doesnít Like Tennessee
    The main thing I learned from this interview is that Alabama has a baseball team. I had no idea.

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstudent View Post
    The funniest thing to me is that he was saying none of his players have sniffed a NIL offer. That's quite a comment to make about your own program.
    Right. If our baseball program and athletic department isn't asleep, we should be announcing TOMORROW how much money you can possibly get if you come to MSU. Take his words and use them against him. What a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    Didn’t listen but
    Alabama’s tuition is only about $6,000 per semester.
    Bama out of state tuition is $31K.
    MSU out of state tuition is $24K.

And MSU has multiple opportunities to lower that amount.

https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/s...-scholarship-0 If you get just a 25 on your ACT and a 3.5gpa in HS, you get $8500/year off tuition.
    https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/s...-scholarship-0 then you get another $2000 off from this.

So now you are paying $13,500/year even though you are out of state. This applies to anyone in the country and not just border counties or whatever.

When I went to MSU back in the day, all you needed was a 26 or higher on your ACT and you got in state tuition. It made tuition cheaper at MSU than any of my in state universities. I think MSU wised up and changed that.

Its definitely not that low.

20 years ago you needed at least a 26act score.

It looks like there is a scale for discounting out of state tuition.
    https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/s...-scholarship-0
    https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/s...-scholarship-0

L4Dawg - Version 2.0
    ALABAMA complaining about something like that is rich. He basically just said that the university doesn't care one wit about baseball. Everybody already knew that, he just made it official.

They can. He needs to talk to his president, not Eli Gold. In 2015, Butch told me ďI need a 26 to compete for out of state kidsĒ. Maybe the new staff has been able to get more aggressive.

That's Greg Byrne looking out for MSU. Thanks, Greg!***

nm