Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No athlete is going to Bama because of Tuscaloosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked Toag View Post
    ....and crying about scholarships?

https://tide1009.com/coach-brad-boha...hip-situation/

I can't say he's wrong, but definitely a crybaby prick. Cheap tuition is definitely our advantage, and Alabama's/Auburn's higher tuition is their cross to bear. One day when we have a bigger economy and our tuition rises in comparison to other states', we will deal with that problem as it comes. And it'll probably mean our football team is better, due to additional resources.
    nm

Beat NC State | Cheated NC State Yes | No

Twitter
    prdubya
    [laughs in National Champion voice]

26?

On the ACT. Which lines up with what you see on our website

Ah i got ya.

So what about out of state football players? Do they have to pay the "extra" from the in state and out of state difference? I know they don't.

I'm asking how do we get a football player from out of state at 1 cost and a baseball player from out of state at a different cost.

Football player on scholly pays nothing because all football scholarships are 100%. Up to the Bulldog Club and university how that accounting works. Baseball player on scholly actually has a balance and will have to pay (assuming baseball scholarship is only aid)

Not familiar w this gentleman. Nor do I recognize the names of any of the Ala baseball alums listed in the piece. I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 11thEagleFan View Post
    Who in the blue hell is Brad Bohannon??

Oh wait, never mind, Hell on Wheels was a great show.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I keep hearing "Mr. Bohannon" spoken by the Swede as I read this thread.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

I understand that but they are getting a scholarship on 2 different "costs".

An out of state football would pay the cost of out of state tuition if they didn't get a scholarship.
    So when the school factors in scholarship "cost" do they do it on an in state rate, out of state rate or both?

Seems kind of dumb that a baseball player receiving 10% scholarship would have to do it on an out of state rate.

Quote Originally Posted by paindonthurt View Post
    I understand that but they are getting a scholarship on 2 different "costs".

An out of state football would pay the cost of out of state tuition if they didn't get a scholarship.
    So when the school factors in scholarship "cost" do they do it on an in state rate, out of state rate or both?

Seems kind of dumb that a baseball player receiving 10% scholarship would have to do it on an out of state rate.
    Do they submit a value for each scholarship to the NCAA? If not, then whether a full scholarship is rated at in state or out of state tuition is moot. It may not be rated as either- its just essentially marked as 'player attends for free' for both in state and out of state athletes.

I'm thinking of this from a title 9 and logical perspective (oxymoron i know).

if the MSU football teams gives out 25 scholarships with 15 to in state and 10 to out of state and women's soccer gives out x number to in state and x to out of state, how do they balance out what amount is what to make sure financial aid is the same for title 9?

For baseball, if an out of state player gets 10% scholarship, is it 10% of out of state tuition or instate or does it depend on grades?

He was factually incorrect on the part about Arkansas in-state tuition lol. Players from Illinois and Georgia are not getting in-state tuition.

cry me a river.
    MSU Class of 2011

It's waived simply if you're a legacy. I was from NC and got in-state tuition and my grades were average.
    MSU Class of 2011

Next up. Fishwater complains about poor people making under $250K a year trying to join his country club. While they obviously can't, the brazenness is so off-putting... He may just leave the club entirely.

Damn. It’s nice to be hated. We are an elite dominant baseball school. We also spanked that ass 3 times in Tuscaloosa and made them like it. Damn it feels good to be a champion.
    Last edited by Shadow34; 09-24-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Out of state isn’t really the point for him.

We are pulling kids from Alabama. Our in state tuition (if they get in state) is similar to what bamas in state is. So they are picking between msu and Alabama at roughly the same costs. And they are picking MSU over bama with all things being equal other than we are better than them at baseball and recruiting baseball players.

And why is waving out of state tuition a bad thing?

I <3 the St Louis Cardinals Mobile Bay's Avatar
    I wouldn't blame the man. Dealing with the unwashed poors can be exhausting.