SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar

Steve tweeted that the punt “return” was reviewed on replay by replay officials.

Complete incompetence.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post
    Real Nattys | Fake Nattys Yes | No

It’s not football season without our momentum changing ref 17 up SEC office apology.

We should print that letter from the SEC on urinal cakes for Davis Wade this weekend.

2 out of 2 sixpackers like this post

So in essence.. the SEC screwed up twice (3 times if reviewed?)in the play and then also screwed up again in the apology?

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

What’s another punch in the gut now? I’m already numb from the pain.

To echo Matt Wyatt on his pod, "someone is lying..."

5 out of 5 sixpackers like this post

If anyone believes that I am sorry you are so stupid.

0 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I believe they SAY they reviewed but I do t believe they did. Alabama game was on at the same time. Something tell me the Birmingham office was watching their game, not ours.

Then there are at least two people that should be relieved of their duties today as a result of that play

4 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

Reviewed when???....

Quote Originally Posted by DesotoCountyDawg View Post
    Complete incompetence.
    In the 10 seconds before UM kicked the extra point after which it didn't matter or 2 hours later when they issued the oopsy tweet and it still didn't matter?

3 out of 3 sixpackers like this post

I don't know that I buy it. The SEC's statement indicated that it wasn't reviewed. Good chance Steve is toting water for Leach here.

5 out of 6 sixpackers like this post

My ass

We better shut up. They'll dock our pay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	injun trouble.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	21924

SixPack's Official Farmer DesotoCountyDawg's Avatar
    I don’t either because Memphis kicked the extra point immediately. If it was being reviewed they would have stopped and announced it.

Every scoring play gets reviewed. Per SEC rules.. Every 17ing one. They blew it on replay also.

Complete incompetence.
    Subtle way of telling us that they meant to overlook it. I've watched as the officials shade the way they call games. If two ranked SEC teams will be playing each other in a week there is no way either will lose the game this week. The officials will go out of their way to ensure that ranked game happens for viewership. It will be interesting to see how they call our game with LSU. We will be playing #7 TAM following that game and LSU will be playing #23 Auburn at LSU. Stay tuned for the SEC officiating DRAMA!

I don’t either because Memphis kicked the extra point immediately. If it was being reviewed they would have stopped and announced it.
    The only delay I saw (I saw this shit show in person) is that the dubmass who signaled the play dead went down and talked to the head official for a couple of minutes before they blew the play clock in motion for the extra point. But it still wasn't enough time. There's no way they reviewed it.

I don’t think they had the time necessary to review it unless they were still reviewing after the PAT and into commercial break which is quite plausible, but at that point they couldn’t do anything about it so in essence, by saying the reviewed it - MAYBE - they are not necessarily lying to our faces.
    But as someone else said, Bham officials were too enthralled as to how to make sure Bama didn’t lose to Fl than to bother with our debacle.

I say we make one of those tarps that Memphis had in their student section and have ours with that little kid flipping off some football game and roll that thing out on every flag. Man, that would be classic. Do this in lieu of Don't Stop Believin' because, after this weekend, an exclamation point needs to be inserted after the word Don't and believin'!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiadawg View Post
    If anyone believes that I am sorry you are so stupid.
    Sorry I fat fingered the down vote.

Honestly, there is so much bias and shithousery in how refs decide what plays they are reviewing and how closely, that the whole thing should be thrown out. I would rather go back to having no review, or only coaches challenges.

We deserve worse.

Twitter
    @SixPackSpeak
    Complete incompetence.

Steve is even saying he doesn't believe it was reviewed.
    I support the two most frustrating teams in America: The New Orleans Saints and The Mississippi State Bulldogs

I also wonder if anyone realizes that this “mistake” may have just cost the SEC millions of dollars in bowl revenue. I don’t think it’s going out on a limb to say that our bowl chances took a big hit thanks to this display of incompetence

Face it, if your name is not Bama, Georgia, Florida, or Auburn, the SEC doesn't give a shit about you. I guarantee any of those teams listed would have had a review and the TD overturned.

The only reason the Auburn game got a statement was because the SEC couldn't blow off Penn State.

For a CONFERENCE that prides itself on being the BEST in the Country! Then has the ABSOLUTE WORSE REFS that 17 an SEC team over is so PATHETIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGS1 View Post
    I don’t think they had the time necessary to review it unless they were still reviewing after the PAT and into commercial break which is quite plausible, but at that point they couldn’t do anything about it so in essence, by saying the reviewed it - MAYBE - they are not necessarily lying to our faces.
    But as someone else said, Bham officials were too enthralled as to how to make sure Bama didn’t lose to Fl than to bother with our debacle.
    Seems like they could have overturned the Memphis touchdown even after the PAT because the PAT isn't really a "play". They could have negated the touchdown until our first offensive play after the kickoff, since that is the first official play. So there was plenty of time.

EVERY play is reviewed. Do we not remember this? In college, every play is reviewed and the replay team only buzzes down if they notice something they want more time with. I can only assume they did not see the BJ raise his arm to call the play dead.

I'm surprised they didn't want to take a closer look at what transpired. Also, Leach could have called a timeout and demanded it.

Also, only because someone mentioned this in another thread, the current rule on targeting requires a booth review.

Aren't all plays reviewed? Or at least scoring and turnovers?

Complete incompetence.

So the replay guy should have been fired today too.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Cramden View Post
    Every scoring play gets reviewed. Per SEC rules.. Every 17ing one. They blew it on replay also.
    Well, we have to remember this was an OOC game with just SEC officials. Those rules may not apply unless it is an all SEC matchup.