Thread: What if...

What if...

They had called the penalty on Memphis for 2 number 4ís?

We would have been 4th & 1 at their 48 with about 5:30 left.

Are we still punting or are we taking a chance?

Real 1941 Champs | Fake 1941 Champs Yes | No

We go for it, throw a WR screen behind the line of scrimmage, and the receiver is tackled for a 2 yard loss.
    Last edited by patdog; 09-21-2021 at 08:52 PM.

3 out of 4 sixpackers like this post

The Watcher does not interfere.

9 out of 10 sixpackers like this post

We run the ball and get the first down. Go on to score a TD.

Run the football now thatís funny. Oh dam you were being serious 🧐 ***

Question for those with good memories...

We all know that the air raid literally SUCKS inside the opponents' 10 yard line. Its one of the reason I was pissed when Leach didn't take the 3 points last week that would have put us up 20-7. My question is, have we scored on any 4th and goals under Leach so far where we passed? I can think of multiple failed 4th and goals where we sacrificed 3 points to get zero but can't think of any 4th and goals where we actually threw for a TD. There probably was one that I forgot but when we get first and goal inside the 5 we HAVE to go Dillon Johnson at least once or twice. When the field gets squeezed the air raid just doesn't doesn't get the job done because there just isn't enough open space anywhere. Apparently the guru Mr. Leach hasn't figured this out yet.

That was the first time we didn't score in the red zone this season. We were leading the country in red zone scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateDawg View Post
    That was the first time we didn't score in the red zone this season. We were leading the country in red zone scoring.
    You can score by kicking a FG or running it in and we've done both of those. And its not like its impossible for us to throw a passing TD inside the 10 but it does get quite challenging (inside the 20 is a little easier). Much too low percentage to pass up 3 when you already have a double digit lead.

We were tied for the lead. After 3 games there are still 33 teams with 100% red zone scoring percentage, including LSU.

we've ran on 3rd and short and 4th and short several times to get first downs but keep up your babbling.

0 out of 1 sixpackers like this post

We're actually looking pretty good in the red zone with 9 TDs and 2 FGs in 12 red zone chances. Of course, that's an early season stat that will normalize some as we play SEC teams.

I thought this was a thread on the new show, which I think is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by patdog View Post
    We're actually looking pretty good in the red zone with 9 TDs and 2 FGs in 12 red zone chances. Of course, that's an early season stat that will normalize some as we play SEC teams.
    OK, that's great. Still don't have an answer to my question. I don't trust our offense one iota throwing on 4th and goal in close.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher_dawg View Post
    I thought this was a thread on the new show, which I think is pretty good.
    I'm actually trying to manifest an alternate reality by willing the question into existence. Hopefully, somewhere Dawgg on Earth 616 is enjoying a 3-0 season under his replica 2014 CFP Championship trophy and 2018 Women's Basketball National Championship banner.

1 out of 1 sixpackers like this post